Store with cheaper tire prices

bristolboy

If it's tires for cars check with ProAuto on Hang Dong Rd.....Tonn speaks English....

They carry everything in all price ranges....

If you buy brands produced in Thailand you avoid the customs taxes some tires carry....

We have Yokohama Geolanders on 2 SUV's & they've been good.....

I've had shops try & stuff me on pricing with one shop that basically told me No = they lost a sale for 5 top line tires + 5 new upgraded rims....

There is a small place next doorish to the brand new large 7-Eleven on the 121 approaching Hang Dong 108 road from Saraphi. About 400 metres before the traffic lights.

They fitted a Thai tyre  - 'Deestone' - cheap as chips, and still looking good as new several months later. 

It's a small business, and most likely service the local community at local prices.

Very happy with big Goodyear tyre place opposite Teppanyah Hospital. English speaking USA educated manager. Great deal and service. Recommended on here in another thread so just had 4 new tyres fitted there.

Seems the answer to cheaper goods is 'where are they made'?  Same with beer.  High import tax pushes the price of european beer way out of my reach.

I go for Archa, and similar brands.  It's all 5% alcohol and all the alcohol is the same.

I do know that all tires (tyres) are NOT created equal.

5 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Seems the answer to cheaper goods is 'where are they made'?  Same with beer.  High import tax pushes the price of european beer way out of my reach.

I go for Archa, and similar brands.  It's all 5% alcohol and all the alcohol is the same.

I do know that all tires (tyres) are NOT created equal.

So you also think fresh Thai beef is the same as aged Australian beef. Cow is cow.

In Germany they often compare tyres of different brands and the differences are gigantic. When braking you need with the worst many meters more to stand still than the best. At rain they have different quality. Some are so soft that you have to change them 10,000 Kilometers earlier. And so on. Not same same - very different.

To the thread opener. ProAuto is very good as written above too. 

My favorite tire shop is Hengsawat, which I think has 2 branches. One is between the train station and superhighway, the other on the super itself. Price of course depends on brand, size, application etc. They use proper torque wrenches, not air guns, to tighten lug nuts, and nitrogen to fill (your newly purchased) tires.

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

I'm filling my tires with nitrogen for free. Some oxygen finds its way inside the tire as well, but for the price that's ok.

..and Oxygen inside the tire is bad because....

16 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Have read that the cost of filling a car tire with nitrogen varies from US$3-10. Are you getting billed that cost Puwa?

Nope, they threw in the N fill up for free when I purchased a set of 14" Yokohamas. 

Archived