Gambling: Prayut set to go after the cuddly toy "mafia"

rooster59

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, kkerry said:

I was in a large shopping centre the other day and on the top floor was a section near the escalators with about twenty of these machines and just one middle aged woman playing. I went inside a large shop for about ten minutes and when I came out she was still there. I wandered around for twenty minutes and afterwards went to the escalators to go back down and she was still feeding money into the same machine exactly like a slot machine addict. If I didn't win something after three goes I'd give up and walk away but some people just have to keep going, so even at ten baht a play I can see some people managing to lose a fair bit of money.

Cheaper just to buy the toys.

???? ???????????????? 

Ah but then again you seem to have common sense my friend, whereas........

2 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

First it was dart games in bars now toy machines. Will it ever end. Don't these people have anything better to do than think up all these stupid laws ????

It seems rather that thinking is absent - also this time ...

I watched an investigative report video on these machines a couple of years ago. Just like a slot machine they are computer controlled.  The pinch pressure on the claw, the time allowed to pick up, move and drop the prize into the opening are controlled by the computer. It is a game of chance, no player skill involved. 

On 6/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, kkerry said:

I was in a large shopping centre the other day and on the top floor was a section near the escalators with about twenty of these machines and just one middle aged woman playing. I went inside a large shop for about ten minutes and when I came out she was still there. I wandered around for twenty minutes and afterwards went to the escalators to go back down and she was still feeding money into the same machine exactly like a slot machine addict. If I didn't win something after three goes I'd give up and walk away but some people just have to keep going, so even at ten baht a play I can see some people managing to lose a fair bit of money.

Cheaper just to buy the toys.

???? ???????????????? 

Cheaper to buy, yes. You could also take a 1,000-baht note into a bank and change it into 100 10-baht coins. Breaking even is actually a good day. But was it any fun? Wall Street and big banks are free to gamble with your money. How much fun was that?

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Do they still have arcades in Thailand where you can shoot a real gun?  I remember one visit where we could shoot a .22 short or gallery load from a rifle. That was probably 20 years back or so.

Years later, my wife's youngest sister came to the USA.  Took her out in the boonies and let her shoot my Smith & Wesson 6" model 686 .357 magnum revolver.  I think she went through a box of 50 full-power 140 grain Winchester Silver Tip hollow-point ammo.  Pretty stout stuff. She loved it. 

Yes - several foreigners have shot themselves at those arenas - the last one an Australian in September/October last year ...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow&ei=PegVXYD_CM7orgSHyYGQDA&q=foreigner+shot+himself+in+phuket+gun+range&oq=foreigner+shot+himself+in+phuket+gun+range&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160l2.23872.27221..27399...0.0..0.172.1205.1j9......0....1..gws-wiz.......33i21.o0DdNINXFDI

14 hours ago, dallen52 said:

I was unaware that Newquay was now part of Wales?

It was in Cornwall the last time I visited.  ????

There is a Newquay in on the Pembrokeshire coast. A beautiful place.

I would also suggest to close down 2 of the biggest drug dealers in Thailand....7/11 because they sell cigarettes that apparently are addictive and bad for the healt, as per a recent study....... and also shut down all those fast food joints serving farang food and offering free sugar sodas that I heard also are bad for the health and create addiction to ice and sugar.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:05 PM, kkerry said:

I was in a large shopping centre the other day and on the top floor was a section near the escalators with about twenty of these machines and just one middle aged woman playing. I went inside a large shop for about ten minutes and when I came out she was still there. I wandered around for twenty minutes and afterwards went to the escalators to go back down and she was still feeding money into the same machine exactly like a slot machine addict. If I didn't win something after three goes I'd give up and walk away but some people just have to keep going, so even at ten baht a play I can see some people managing to lose a fair bit of money

For once i dont have a problem with the big man banning these machines, they are rigged and a menace for families with kids, they put them where they know kids and families will be, In australia they are proved to be rigged and there is also a move to have them banned, they did a test on one and the jaws didnt pick a toy up and hold it after 30 tries, and in australia at $2 a drop, that was $60 to try and score a $1 stuffed toy. (so thats 1,380bht to try and get a 23bht toy.) outright robbery.

The mind boggles...

A military controlled government and its master plan is banning soft toy grab machines..

What about the soft toys that grab you in the sois and try to take your money?

The gamble there is, 

You get a massage at some and maybe a BJ.

The others, you definitely get a BJ, and maybe a massage. 

Local side show carnival last night. 

Darts in balloons win soft toys.

Air rifle shoot and win soft toys.

Play bingo and win soft toys.

I think Little big Boss realized they were not getting the profits, so effectively banned them. 

But still in Central shopping centre last night..

received_383308248753630.gif

Archived