Asthma guy dies clutching his inhaler just yards from the drugstore

rooster59

Asthma guy dies clutching his inhaler just yards from the drugstore

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2My83ODE1NzEwL25ld3Byb2plY3QtMjAxOS0wNi0yNnQxMzQ4LmpwZw==.jpg

Caption: He didn't quite make it to the drugstore

A picture posted on Facebook showed a 30 - 35 year old man slumped dead over the handlebars of his parked motorcycle.

Still gripped in his hand was his inhaler for asthma. 

Sanook said that passersby next to a curry shop in Petchaburi thought the man was having a sleep. 

He was just yards from a drugstore and there was speculation he was on the way there when he died.

Sanook said that after the post by Atthaphon Thasornphan many Thais commented that you were here one minute and gone the next.

Many posted their commiserations for the dead man's family. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-27

31 minutes ago, manarak said:

very unlikely that he was ont he way into the store. the motorcycle is on its back stand.

oddly enough, the back stand seems to have scratched the concrete underneath.

On it´s back stand? How do you see that there is another stand on the bike? Maybe just needed to use that stand, and had to sit down because exhausted?
The bike can also go backward during the time he put out the stand. What´s odd and strange?

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

On it´s back stand? How do you see that there is another stand on the bike? Maybe just needed to use that stand, and had to sit down because exhausted?
The bike can also go backward during the time he put out the stand. What´s odd and strange?

yes, there is another stand which allows to put the back wheel into the air.

but you are right, I mistook the side stand for the back stand. might have been on the way into the shop after all.

RIP.

41 minutes ago, manarak said:

very unlikely that he was ont he way into the store. the motorcycle is on its back stand.

Yeah you mean side-stand and the scrape is consistent with the bike moving backwards after being put down.

Something more to this when I have a Asthma attack I just go hospital. 

59 minutes ago, manarak said:

AS he slipped into unconsciousness losing control over the bike, it would have slid backwards down the slightly inclined concrete until it hit a pebble or something and stopped. I prefer to comment on how sad the situation is for such a young guy to die like this. A few months ago an expat in Pattaya was found dead just outside a Pharmacy clutching his empty inhaler, locals thought he had collapsed because of drink. As someone with COPD and Asthma who uses Ventolin all day, and oxygen i can tell you that i panic if i am not near my inhaler, and carry 2 at all times. He didn't make it so near yet so far RIP.

2 hours ago, IssanMichael said:

i panic if i am not near my inhaler

Exactly what you shouldn't do. I'm convinced the more you use salbutamol the more dependant you come. Bit strange though. That's two this week slumpped on bikes dying from what they say is asthma. Thunderstorm asthma maybe.

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Exactly what you shouldn't do. I'm convinced the more you use salbutamol the more dependant you come. Bit strange though. That's two this week slumpped on bikes dying from what they say is asthma. Thunderstorm asthma maybe.

More of a sign of pulmonary type allergies brought on initially by poor air quality aggravated by the change in seasonal weather!

Archived