Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Video: SOM NAM NA! Thais show no sympathy for pick-up driver

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not defending his undertaking in the least, but it would be nice to see people stick to the left lane, i.e. unless they are overtaking. It is clear from the double yellow markings on the right lane (middle of the road) that he could not overtake on the right side.

 

 I am sure this accident wouldn't have happened if people obeyed the road rules and stayed to the left unless overtaking, e.g. two wrongs don't make a right, just a thought 🙂 

Frequently see idiots  driving in the outside  lane at 60kph  with a whole queue behind them, oblivious. I agree they ALL need a  massive lesson in keeping left but that would mean "not me first" and that's totally anti Thai. Sometimes you can even flash your lights  behind them to  move over and they KNOW your'e  there but  carry  on or do the "I'm  turning right"  indicator  BS and NEVER  do they're  just selfish (insert expletive to avoid  suspension rules)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pickups need speed limiters fitted.  After minibus drivers, pickup drivers display the most disregard for human safety.  One roared past me yesterday, on the inside, cut across two lanes, belching black smoke at over 100 clicks ph.  The engines are too powerful for their use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Did you notice that the truck that crashed indicated both times he changed lanes ??  Give him a tiny bit of credit !!

More a get out of my way indication!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I agree completely. Som Nam Nah!

We have all seen similar driving frequently. 

only a matter of time before many more Thai drivers do the same thing or worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a thick git.

Som Nam Na. 

The usual behaviour on the roads here. 

Get out the way, i'm more important than you. :coffee1:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chazar said:

they're  just selfish (insert expletive to avoid  suspension rules)

That and they don't go for a driving test with an instructor before getting their license to see if they are fit to drive, but then again, that would be a waste of time because money buys people here, so we just have to out maneuver them with our western world experience when it comes to driving and hope for the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

 I am sure this accident wouldn't have happened if people obeyed the road rules and stayed to the left unless overtaking, e.g. two wrongs don't make a right, just a thought

Or if the left hand lane was cleared of sand/gravel/debris which made the lane usable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not defending his undertaking in the least, but it would be nice to see people stick to the left lane, i.e. unless they are overtaking. It is clear from the double yellow markings on the right lane (middle of the road) that he could not overtake on the right side.

 

 I am sure this accident wouldn't have happened if people obeyed the road rules and stayed to the left unless overtaking, e.g. two wrongs don't make a right, just a thought 🙂 

very true....BUT IS IS ILLEGAL to undertake in this country.....but who enforces the laws here....NO ONE....!!! who obets the law of NO undertaking NO ONE ....I do because I KNOW the law....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Very appropriate use of the phrase, because he is a complete idiot who did indeed thoroughly deserve what he got.

You'd like to think that the Thai folk commenting would learn from it too, because there is much driving of such a stupid nature all over the country daily.

What's to learn? They know it's bad and on the internet they can anonymously comment as such. Say as much face to face and in public? Not a bloody chance. Embrace the culture where the keyboard is the internet equivalent of the dark tint on your car windows.

 

PS. They don't need telling by uppity farangs either. Anonymously or otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, essox essox said:

very true....BUT IS IS ILLEGAL to undertake in this country.....but who enforces the laws here....NO ONE....!!! who obets the law of NO undertaking NO ONE ....I do because I KNOW the law....

Actually is not illegal in Thailand to undertake under certain condition.

The law states that as long as the road has two or more lanes going in the same direction it is allowable to pass on the left (undertake).

Section 45 (400-1000B)
[No driver shall overtake another vehicle from the left-side unless:
a. the vehicle to be overtaken is making a right turn or has given a signal that he is going to make a right turn
b. the roadway is arranged with two or more traffic lanes in the same direction.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Alan Michael said:

Why didn't the filming car and the car in front stop?

Because they don't have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Yep, I would stop for anyone to see how they are and give help if necessary.

Does this make me a bad person?

No, just foolhardy.

 

PS. This isn't Kansas BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as usual, the overtaking brigade is out in full force, peddling their nonsens about staying in the left lane unless you're overtaking. You're not allowed to push your car to the limit just because you're in the right lane. If I'm driving at the speed limit, there's not issue whatsoever with me driving in the right lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Myran said:

And as usual, the overtaking brigade is out in full force, peddling their nonsens about staying in the left lane unless you're overtaking. You're not allowed to push your car to the limit just because you're in the right lane. If I'm driving at the speed limit, there's not issue whatsoever with me driving in the right lane.

Oh but there is....

Section 34 (500B)
[If the road is divided into two or more traffic lanes in the same direction, the driver shall keep to the outermost left-hand side lane. If the outermost left-hand side lane is a bus lane, the driver shall keep close to the bus lane. Except following situations:
a. there is obstruction on the road
b. the road is prescribed as one-way
c. it is necessary to enter the correct lane upon approaching a junction
d. when overtaking another vehicle
e. when driving faster than vehicles in the left-hand side lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...