Denied tourist visa at Vientiane - new rule 1x per year

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

If anyone has not grasped the big picture yet, they are very slow on the uptake.

You suggesting I leave my Thai partner for my Vietnam "friend". That's a big move. I'm a good guy why me out. Ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, but it fits a pattern, a trend dating back several years. The past tends to predict the future. I am confident there will be more unexpected events very similar to this.

I have to agree. Even though I know for a fact that the stricter rules aren't being enforced at every location, it seems like they're slowly spreading from border to border and embassy to embassy, with a focus on locking down the biggest funnel points in order.

The BKK airports were one of the first, since even if you get a visa in KL or Vietnam, for example, it's now a hassle getting back into the country, especially considering possible issues at the Cambo and Malay borders.

Laos was logically the next to go, since it's easily accessible by land and was one of the most popular TV runs.

Many assumed that we could just avoid the problem borders/airports/embassies, but that's getting harder and harder by the day.

I'll likely be moving on when my current visa expires, personally.

• Like 2

I would wait for more reports first , we only have OPs word for it.

1 tourist visa per year seems very strange to me, if thats a new rule. 

Surely it can't be, many people would maybe want to travel for 60 days at least twice per year. 

54 minutes ago, madmen said:

A one off report and everybody buys into it straight away...

That's it they hate us
Want us gone
I'm leaving
I'm outa here
Etc etc etc

To funny

Couldn't agree more - 1 unconfirmed report and the TV "they hate us" brigade are off and running ????????

• Thanks 2

Huge change indeed if true..

Quite possible though to start apply this for visas from border countries..

Quite big % is applying new visa from bordercountry just because it is the cheapest way to extend your thaitime.

And that is not right way to handle immigration policy for any country.

Edited by thaitero
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, nickstav said:

I'm in the same boat my friend. I'd be happy to leave the LOS, but what about my Thai girlfriend? Where can I bring her? We've been together 5 years, can't get married (please don't ask why). I'm not worried about me, but what about her? Where can we go together?

Yep bud I'm same boat. 7 yr for me.

Bit of side issue but think that very few Thai women are a fan of living outside of Thailand. Some move to farang countries but most Thai (IMHO) are not fans of nearby countries. Vietnam etc.