Entering Thailand on visa exemption

Hi!

I'm from Sweden and I'm gonna fly from Stockholm to Bangkok on the 4th of July. I've been in Thailand from November 2018 to the beginning of June.
Started of on a tourist visa and 2 border crossings, then I got a education visa for 3 months which I did not extend stupidly enough. (I wasn't sure if I was gonna come back or not)

Anyways, I'm worried they might give me some issues if i try to enter BKK on a visa exemption now. I've read some conflicting stories on different websites but I'd like to ask what you guys think. Do you guys think they will let me in to the country or send me back home? I'll have a return ticket printed and ready aswell as 10 000THB in cash. But I'm worried they might not let me in since I've stayed so long consecutively. 7 months from November to June and then 1 month back in Sweden only to go back again. 

I'm thankful for any and all answers!

Good question. Mainly because airports have some sort of given right to refuse you entry. Sounds like you already have your flights booked. You will get mixed replies. Have accom booked to show. Also money etc. However might make zero difference. 

• Thanks 1

I would say there’s a high chance of you being questioned about what you’re doing in Thailand, but a low chance of being denied entry.  Entering with a Tourist Visa would help and reduce the chance of being denied.

Edited by elviajero
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I would say there’s a high chance of you being questioned about what you’re doing in Thailand, but a low chance of being denied entry.  Entering with a Tourist Visa would help and reduce the chance of being denied.

Okay! I'll see if I have time to make a tourist visa or not.

I also figured I'd be questioned about what I am doing in Thailand, what is the best thing to say when they ask? I will be visiting my GF but I'm not sure if that's the best thing to tell them. Any advice about that?

7 minutes ago, BigFalang said:

Another question, if I am denied entry, do I have the right to buy a ticket to a neighboring country or do I HAVE to get on the same flight that I arrived on? 

No. And that's the BIG problem. You will be sent back to where you embarked. Very costly. Try follow elviajero advice. Setv would be best option. For others reading with even more stays in los ....  best fly to nearby country then enter via border. KL comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BigFalang said:

Okay! I'll see if I have time to make a tourist visa or not.

I also figured I'd be questioned about what I am doing in Thailand, what is the best thing to say when they ask? I will be visiting my GF but I'm not sure if that's the best thing to tell them. Any advice about that?

Saying your are visiting your girlfriend is a good thing. If possible get her to write a letter confirming she’s inviting you to visit and where you’ll be staying, and get a copy of her ID.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BigFalang said:

Another question, if I am denied entry, do I have the right to buy a ticket to a neighboring country or do I HAVE to get on the same flight that I arrived on? 

No, you don’t have the right, but if immigration agree they can let you fly to a neighbouring country.

The usual practice is to get the airline that carry you to Thailand to take you back. The airline/immigration may agree to let that airline take you elsewhere if they have flights going to neighbouring countries.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, elviajero said:

Saying your are visiting your girlfriend is a good thing. If possible get her to write a letter confirming she’s inviting you to visit and where you’ll be staying, and get a copy of her ID.

Great, thank you so much for the advice. I'll have her write a letter!

16 hours ago, elviajero said:

No, you don’t have the right, but if immigration agree they can let you fly to a neighbouring country.

The usual practice is to get the airline that carry you to Thailand to take you back. The airline/immigration may agree to let that airline take you elsewhere if they have flights going to neighbouring countries.

Alrighty! I guess I'll just have to hope they don't deny me entry, I'll go to the embassy first thing on monday morning to get a SETV.