Fast and Furious 9 team to the rescue as motorcycle overturns in Krabi

Jonathan Fairfield

"Fast and Furious 9" team to the rescue as motorcycle overturns in Krabi

p2.jpg

Image: Namtal Paphatchaya Kyokong

The production team from "The Fast and The Furious 9" that is filming in Thailand got a taste of why the Thai roads are so dangerous yesterday.

A Thai woman went on Facebook to praise a group of Western men who rushed to the aid of a woman on a motorcycle samlor who was hurt in a collision with a pick-up.

Daily News said locals were sure these were men from the film company. 

Namtal Paphatchaya Kyokong said (adjusted for accuracy): "I saw you run and help people. We do really appreciate that. I don't know who you are but I want to say thank you". 

The movie series - that features crazy driving - will be shot in Krabi, Phuket, Phangnga and Surat Thani over the next four weeks. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-28

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The production team from "The Fast and The Furious 9" that is filming in Thailand got a taste of why the Thai roads are so dangerous yesterday.

Only Yesterday ?! It’s every day !!! Rain or shine 24/7 Thai roads are the most dangerous in the world as long as there are Thai people on the wheels !

6 hours ago, kotsak said:

They can include some of these local real accidents footage in the movie. That should reduce the production cost by a few millions ????

And add in the end credits:

"The producers sincerely wish to thank the Thai people and government, without whose invaluable help and expertise the making of this motion picture would not have been possible."

4 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

And add in the end credits:

"The producers sincerely wish to thank the Thai people and government, without whose invaluable help and expertise the making of this motion picture would not have been possible."

Include in the credits, "In memory of Somchai"....!!!

Thailand seems like the perfect location to film a movie that is about crazy driving. Surely some of the scenes will not have to be staged, but will require just a cameraman in a car on the highway!

Is anyone on this forum going to actually watch this movie? Would anyone be willing to admit they paid money to watch a part 9 of a movie franchise? Not me. Not unless I was paid tens of thousands of dollars to sit through it. 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand seems like the perfect location to film a movie that is about crazy driving. Surely some of the scenes will not have to be staged, but will require just a cameraman in a car on the highway!

A cameraman on danger money.

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is anyone on this forum going to actually watch this movie? Would anyone be willing to admit they paid money to watch a part 9 of a movie franchise? 

Maybe. It's a sort of tradition with me and my wife to go see them. The equivalent of an enema for the brains, feel completely cleansed afterwards. The last one sucked though so not sure about this one.

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is anyone on this forum going to actually watch this movie? Would anyone be willing to admit they paid money to watch a part 9 of a movie franchise? Not me. Not unless I was paid tens of thousands of dollars to sit through it. 

They'd potentially have to go through a lot of cameramen before shooting wraps as they perish in droves "while on the job" thanks to local Somchais unwittingly crashing into them.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Believe there are plans afoot to use F F as the must see video when ever you need to renew your driver's licence, certainly more useful than the crap used now. 

7 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Only Yesterday ?! It’s every day !!! Rain or shine 24/7 Thai roads are the most dangerous in the world as long as there are Thai people on the wheels !

I keep saying this would be a safer place if we could just get rid of all the Thai drivers.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

No need to send over any actors.. it's the real deal over here.. just tour around with the camera rolling you'll get all the footage you need!

Go on Youtube... Thailand dash cam crashes...lots of footage there

1 hour ago, wisperone said:

Go on Youtube... Thailand dash cam crashes...lots of footage there

Sad, I can't believe how many dumb drivers are out there, if there is anything the government needs to address before any other, its the road carnage.

I read the stats, the accident reports and the comments about Thai drivers. Interesting though as I have driven (or been passenger), many thousand of km in Thailand and have only ever seen or passed by 2 fender benders. These travels were in the south, the northwest (limited in Bkk).

Wish I could report the same in my home country.

But I don't dispute the (minimalized) Thai death toll as a result of road accidents.

Archived