Welcome to Thailand - and welcome to immigration queues!

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

This scanning of our fingerprints is so disgusting. For most of my life - decades and decades - it has always been only CRIMINALS who have their fingerprints taken.

Now the sheep all think it is perfectly acceptable for us all to be herded and monitored and branded. 

I will never agree with this insane Orwellian system of fake 'security' obsession and psychotic control-freakery - when the real monsters (yes, monsters) are the criminals in high places (the less than 1%) who are running the whole filthy show.

100% agreed my friend. The, no water as it might be used by a terrorist to hydrate someone to death. Or no no jam cause we know you are at the mercy of a terrorist holing a spoon of jam. Worse still he might fragrance every passenger to death with an oversized bottle of Channel. Yet is it not strange that they will give you the means to bring down a plane at the duty free? A Molotov coctail by a few terrorists and bye bye plane. 

The whole lot is a scam. All thes lines and ques to create fear when the only ones we really need to deal with are the terrorists in the governments, Mossad and the Industrial military complex.

9/11 was a false flag and anyone who thinks it wasn't after a proper investigation should have a brain transplant. Start with General Stubblebine who was a commander at the time. Every idiot country is spending billions on the tech that the US is supplying. I really wonder why they create the fear?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Eligius said:

This scanning of our fingerprints is so disgusting. For most of my life - decades and decades - it has always been only CRIMINALS who have their fingerprints taken.

Now the sheep all think it is perfectly acceptable for us all to be herded and monitored and branded. 

I will never agree with this insane Orwellian system of fake 'security' obsession and psychotic control-freakery - when the real monsters (yes, monsters) are the criminals in high places (the less than 1%) who are running the whole filthy show.

6 hours ago, Razek said:

They just copy what european did .

6 hours ago, nong38 said:

3rd world idea of how to impress the rest of the world with security, this what I experienced in early June. When I went out in May I forgot to take my keys out for the scanner, it did not go off. Looks like an impressive show of security if only it worked.

5 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Other countries Embrasses should be complaining to the government about the way they are screwing with those coming here and on visas to say here.  Give to them what they give to us.  90 day report, health insurance, TM 30 reports.   Deny the PM a visa to come to the UN in September.

If you take a couple of minutes to Google which countries require bio-metrics to enter, you will realise it is not the 3rd world who started this disgusting 'security' feature.

Hence, as this originate from the developed part of the world, there is nothing bad about it and no need to complain IMHO.

1 minute ago, HHTel said:

There are a growing number of countries that take biometric data at airports and borders around the world.  Thailand is by no means the first to use it.  Most countries now insist on biometric passports.

Fingerprints have for many years been used to unlock doors, secure your mobile phone, access information, time recording in work ('clock-on' 'clock-off'), used in schools, open apps, turn on/off equipment etc etc.

They've been around for some years now and becoming increasingly popular.  Before fingerprint scanners, we were 'herded and branded' in many other ways.  Fingerprint scanners make it easier.

It's not going to go away and unless you never leave your home then get used to it.

Pardon?? I just coming back from Hong Kong without any que and without any hassle.

1 minute ago, ravip said:

If you take a couple of minutes to Google which countries require bio-metrics to enter, you will realise it is not the 3rd world who started this disgusting 'security' feature.

Hence, as this originate from the developed part of the world, there is nothing bad about it and no need to complain IMHO.

Idiots seldom complain if ever.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Actually it probably would, when the RTP were getting the Interpol documents for the Red Bull killer translated a year or so back, it took them weeks of waiting to do that. The speed on that job was perhaps inversely proportional to any cash donations received from interested parties.

Seems some people still can’t resist bringing in the Red Bull story in just about every thread..

5 minutes ago, joskeshake said:

I had to do it on Saturday , leaving Thailand also, and why denie? when you do nothing wrong.I don't care , they took mine also for my new passport 3 years ago.

Another idiot. You have less rights than a snail. I dont see the border patrol on the first snail that crosses the border? They don't need biometrics nor fingerprinting.

Even a dangerous crocodile can wander freely. If you want to give up your freedom then ok, don't expect me to do it also!

My sister felt exactly the same sentiment when the USA introduced fingerprinting for foreign tourists.  They expanded that to their Global Entry program as well.

For me, nothing to hide and I don't mind Thailand or the USA having my prints. London has CCTV on every corner and I survived that as well.

34 minutes ago, Dogbarker said:

..and if course the finger print scanner will need sanitizing after every user to avoid transmission of communicable diseases and viruses!?.... 

No, they provide surgical gloves.

Hence the lengthy delays.

13 minutes ago, HHTel said:

There are a growing number of countries that take biometric data at airports and borders around the world.  Thailand is by no means the first to use it.  Most countries now insist on biometric passports.

Fingerprints have for many years been used to unlock doors, secure your mobile phone, access information, time recording in work ('clock-on' 'clock-off'), used in schools, open apps, turn on/off equipment etc etc.

They've been around for some years now and becoming increasingly popular.  Before fingerprint scanners, we were 'herded and branded' in many other ways.  Fingerprint scanners make it easier.

It's not going to go away and unless you never leave your home then get used to it.

Completely forgot that I worked for a company in Miami in 2008 which had all staff use finger prints to clock in and out.  For 10 years nobody took issue with the system. 

And yes, you have to take fingerprints when you get a passport or US Green Card. 

Just like airline security was introduced, which we all embraced for the obvious reasons, this should not affect most people if it is intended to keep the bad out and let the good in. I see many comments in here suggesting that's how is should be so i don't really see the hassle with it all unless you have something to hide or are just so special we don't think we should queue like everyone else. We are monitored from the moment we step out our doors and probably as we sit in our rooms using any electronic device. Just my opinion.

Seems some people still can’t resist bringing in the Red Bull story in just about every thread..

You know my wife and I were just talking about Red Bull guy yesterday. Last I heard they issued an Interpol red notice on him but last I heard he’s still a fugitive last known whereabouts was supposedly Singapore I remember reading somewhere and I believe he has been a fugitive for like 5 years or something like that. I wonder if there are any new updates on him I was meaning to google that yesterday I think I’ll do that now. I also remember reading somewhere that if he can hide out long enough eventually he’ll get away with it supposedly because of something to do with the statue of limitations in Thailand. I find it hard to believe that he could get away with killing a Thai cop accident or not but I guess when you’re a billionaire you can probably get away with a lot. But Red Bull fugitive is one reason why the world has biometrics screening it’s mostly because of terrorism but it serves a lot of purposes mostly catching people on alias name passports.

lol you know I suddenly got a craving for a Red Bull maybe it’s a good advertisement for their product having a son on the run from justice

32 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Another idiot. You have less rights than a snail. I dont see the border patrol on the first snail that crosses the border? They don't need biometrics nor fingerprinting.

Even a dangerous crocodile can wander freely. If you want to give up your freedom then ok, don't expect me to do it also!

Yes. There are some serfs who will gladly do whatever the Authorities order them to do 'for their own safety and protection'.

If the Authorities at the airports in future say: 'Right, you must urinate into this bucket, defecate into this tray - and ejaculate into this phial - so that we can identify that it really is you and not a terrorist' - loads of idiots would actually think this was all for their own good, and would happily and eagerly comply. Some people just LOVE being slaves. 'Nothing to fear if you've done nothing wrong'. Oh, pleaaase! Nothing to worry about? In lands that have no democracy or human rights - only the law of Might is Right? No risk, no dangers there? Of course - everything the Authorities demand is purely to 'protect the public'. We can trust the wise and benign Authorities. They know best. We must comply, kowtow, get down on our knees, grovel in the dust and dirt. Come on - we want more degradation and humiliation - don't stop with fingerprints and all the rest. Degrade and criminalise us even further. We love it!

The only 'good' all this nonsense serves is to build the prison walls tighter and tighter around us all - while the 1% who control it all are laughing at our utter stupidity, gullibility, and cowardice.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

You are right: as far as I know, we cannot say 'no'. If we do, we shall be refused entry. So outwardly we are forced to go along with it - but inwardly (if we are true human beings with spirit) we will be railing at the criminal way in which we are increasingly being treated.

There really needs to be a world-wide revolution against the dehumanisation of global society which is proceeding apace. People are being turned into zombified slaves, and as the great Aldous Huxley predicted, people are being trained to 'love their servitude'.

What a ridiculous over reaction, "dehumanisation", oh please. Look we live in a world with a rapidly increasing population and International travel becoming the norm. Human trafficking is a global issue (true dehumanising if you ask me) and a constant security risk looms over us all with crazy terrorists. What choice do we all have but tighten up security? I assume you have lost no loved ones in any kind of terrorist attack or had any of your family kidnaped and trafficked into a life of drugs and/or prostitution. Well many have and I suspect if you did suffer such a terrible event in your family you would probably be singing a different tune. Its a changing world, get used to it and stop reading Aldous Huxley novels if it takes away your ability to think logically for yourself.

The good news is although you need to wait a bit in line, after you have gone through the system once, its much easier the second time.

Full finger print scanning has been in place in China for quite sometime and they designed it a bit easier where you have to go through the process and get a paper showing you have before you actually approach immigration.

Maybe over time it can be the same here...

45 minutes ago, Dogbarker said:

..and if course the finger print scanner will need sanitizing after every user to avoid transmission of communicable diseases and viruses!?.... 

You mean the same as they do with your change at the shops and also in supermarkets where someone picks up a can looks at it and puts it back. Nearly forgot, all the door handles at hotels are sprayed after each and every person enters or leaves. ????????????

Maybe this would do you.

images (50).jpeg

It took around 90 minutes to clear immigration at Swampy last week, but I was not bored as I had the entertainment of watching Immigration trying to get the Chinese, elderly, children, babies etc. to use the scanners.  I was truly amazed that my bags hadn't been stolen by the time I got to the baggage hall.  The fingerprint scanning is a system which ensures, because all ten digits are scanned, that foreign criminals cannot escape detection by simply cutting off one of their hands whilst in the LOS, so well worth the extra time needed to scan all one's digits.  No doubt there will be some who will cut off both hands to avoid detection and so I expect that in a few short months the scans will be widened to include toes.  Thereafter, when the criminals cut off their feet as well the system will no doubt be upgraded (at a bargain price of 500 billion Baht?) to include retinal scans, and so on...  

Keeping us all safe.

You need to get out more. More and more locations are using this or similar systems, and if it inconveniences a few to keep the masses safe and undesirables out then I'm OK with that.

Also the Red Bull guy has a lot of money to buy his freedom obviously, but when I was taught about biometrics technology in my old job it’s not necessarily a catch all for alias name passports. If you’ve ever traveled to that particular country before in alias or true name you will be in their biometrics database and you will probably get caught. If you have never been to the country you are traveling to at all then you won’t be in their biometrics database and as long as your alias name passport is a good one (or a real passport produced by the State Department for let’s just say for arguments sake a government spy using an alias name) then you probably will just be ushered on through immigration just like everyone else but if you ever want to go back to that country again in true name on your real passport good luck because you’d probably be hosed. But when I got my biometrics class that was back in 2006 I retired in 2014 so by now I’m sure biometrics systems all over the world have probably been drastically upgraded and I’m sure the technology is probably a lot more advanced today so I don’t know anymore technology improves extremely fast these days so things might be a lot different than what I used to know about biometrics technology.

I am reliably informed that the delays are caused by the IO printing off the scans of the fingerprints, making a few copies of them and asking people to sign each copy before stamping them in.

There are some seriously paranoid people on here today ????

And when they close down the Fast Track scam they are going to move IO's to help with the additional work load, 2 laughs in one hit :cheesy:

Yup

26 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes. There are some serfs who will gladly do whatever the Authorities order them to do 'for their own safety and protection'.

If the Authorities at the airports in future say: 'Right, you must urinate into this bucket, defecate into this tray - and ejaculate into this phial - so that we can identify that it really is you and not a terrorist' - loads of idiots would actually think this was all for their own good, and would happily and eagerly comply. Some people just LOVE being slaves. 'Nothing to fear if you've done nothing wrong'. Oh, pleaaase! Nothing to worry about? In lands that have no democracy or human rights - only the law of Might is Right? No risk, no dangers there? Of course - everything the Authorities demand is purely to 'protect the public'. We can trust the wise and benign Authorities. They know best. We must comply, kowtow, get down on our knees, grovel in the dust and dirt. Come on - we want more degradation and humiliation - don't stop with fingerprints and all the rest. Degrade and criminalise us even further. We love it!

The only 'good' all this nonsense serves is to build the prison walls tighter and tighter around us all - while the 1% who control it all are laughing at our utter stupidity, gullibility, and cowardice.

They've got your IP address as well, they could be on the way now.

50 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

lol emoji23.png I heard Thailand is going to start scanning all ten fingers and toes as well at the airport and take a DNA sample. Come on people chill it’s airport security it’s the world we live in today it sucks sometimes but it’s just life. If this is the worst thing people have to complain about then life’s pretty good

I wasn't complaining, in fact quite the opposite!

Archived