Myanmar Migrants Released as Murder Convictions Overturned in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Myanmar Migrants Released as Murder Convictions Overturned in Thailand
By NYEIN NYEIN

Screenshot 2562-06-28 at 09.30.06.png

Three of the four convicted migrants sit down during a crime reenactment staged during the investigation of the 2015 murder by Thai police. / Htoo Chit / Facebook

YANGON—Two Myanmar migrants serving six- and eight-year sentences for the alleged murder of a Thai woman in Ranong, Thailand in 2015 won their appeal in a southern Thailand court Wednesday.

Sein Kadone and Wai Lin—who received eight- and six-year sentences, respectively—had been in prison for three years and eight months. They were finally released on Thursday.

On Oct. 28, 2015, four Myanmar citizens—Sein Kadone, Wai Lin, Moe Zin Aung and Kyaw Soe Win—were arrested and charged on five counts for the gruesome murder of Orawee Sampaotong, a 17-year-old Thai woman, a month prior. The Ranong provincial court handed down guilty verdicts in April 2018.

Full story: https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/myanmar-migrants-released-murder-convictions-overturned-thailand.html

— The Irrawaddy

51 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Still two more Burmese in prison who probably shouldn't be though, whose cases should also result in release. Assuming the court can deal with the subsequent fallout of course.

brutal inhumane unjust justice

35 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Still two more Burmese in prison who probably shouldn't be though, whose cases should also result in release. Assuming the court can deal with the subsequent fallout of course.

Totally agree mate, the problem is that they would/should then pursue the scum that actually carried out the 2 murders, the case you are referring too was flawed on so many levels with DNA evidence being destroyed and missing to the multiple mobile phone claims - CCTV footage withheld, the list is endless, a hoe that disappeared and then suddenly was found and put back were it was supposed to have been even before police arrived at the scene, the person that recovered the hoe seemed to know it was the murder weapon even though it was 100m from the crime scene - sherlock couldn't have solved that one in minutes upon arrival, small puncture wounds on the body of David that were never explained consistent with wounds caused by a certain ring, an altercation that took place between Hannah and a Thai in the bar she was last seen before she was butchered, rape is one thing but the nature of the injuries were carried out with extreme malice and the degrading staging nature of how the body was left - very obvious and hideous intent to demean the victim - any crime profiler would have a field day with all of this, it certainly wasn't carried out by two young lads playing guitar on the beach.

The most scary part about Thailand to me is that the police ALWAYS get the person to confess, like supposedly in this case too. I think a good lot of the people in Thai jails are innocent, and many more punished too harshly for their crimes. It's like the article states: "Since their arrests, observers and family members have claimed the four migrants were forced to confess under torture during interrogation by Thai police."

17 hours ago, smedly said:

Totally agree mate, the problem is that they would/should then pursue the scum that actually carried out the 2 murders, the case you are referring too was flawed on so many levels with DNA evidence being destroyed and missing to the multiple mobile phone claims - CCTV footage withheld, the list is endless, a hoe that disappeared and then suddenly was found and put back were it was supposed to have been even before police arrived at the scene, the person that recovered the hoe seemed to know it was the murder weapon even though it was 100m from the crime scene - sherlock couldn't have solved that one in minutes upon arrival, small puncture wounds on the body of David that were never explained consistent with wounds caused by a certain ring, an altercation that took place between Hannah and a Thai in the bar she was last seen before she was butchered, rape is one thing but the nature of the injuries were carried out with extreme malice and the degrading staging nature of how the body was left - very obvious and hideous intent to demean the victim - any crime profiler would have a field day with all of this, it certainly wasn't carried out by two young lads playing guitar on the beach.

Just want to say it is gut wrenching what I feel about Hannah and David -  while I breath they will never be forgotten - and I know 100% that the scum that did these horrific murders walk free on evil Kho Tao, if it was up to me I would level the whole place and give it back to nature

don't even like this post - there is nothing likeable about it

RIP - Tear

1 hour ago, RobboR said:

A lot of money has changed hands to keep this case 'solved' and allow the perps to roam free.

They even paid native English speaking scum to spam forums across Thailand peddling their bile.

Possibly the worst case of injustice of the 21st Century

indeed

and "colinneil" very surprised at you my friend, not sure how familiar yoo

Archived