Bike stops but pick-up is not so smart at railway crossing in Thailand

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, jimrod said:

Great opportunity for Thai residents to do some Thai bashing.

I believe the guy was crazy because he was crazy not because he was Thai, just like the many foreigners in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

The missing Thai gene , spacial awareness. Don't look , won't look ,

can't look.

2 hours ago, Snuller21 said:

Oh yes. What to say but everyday happening in Thai traffic. Sad, but true.

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Train spotting Thai style and reminds me of a video where the barriers were down the train was passing at least 5 cartridges past the crossing and a pickup drove through the barrier into the side of the train ????

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

That high eh? Must be a genius in Thai driver terms 

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

just shows the mentality of these braindead Thai drivers....just how do they get/are allowed on thai roads???

You guys, one thai does something, and you blame the other 68,999,999 other thai for the same. 

You want to live in Thailand and complain everyday? You have the missing gene? The genius?

Here 100 example of farang do same thing. What the reason?

25 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You guys, one thai does something, and you blame the other 68,999,999 other thai for the same. 

You want to live in Thailand and complain everyday? You have the missing gene? The genius?

Valid criticism, if Thailand did not have such damning road fatality / accident statistics.

Equality damning are the multiple first hand examples of pure and dangerous idiocy many of us witness hourly when on Thailands roads. 

There are many cases where what may be considered 'Thai-Bashing' is unwarranted, however, in this case you are attempting to defend the indefensible !!!!

....'it happened elsewhere' does not make it any less stupid...

25 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Genius indeed . . .

Thailand's road carnage: Deaths top 7,000 this year

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1107427-thai-road-carnage-deaths-top-7000-this-year/

38 minutes ago, Yinn said:

While your post is fair comment, that there is bad driving everywhere, you cannot deny the statistics about road casualties over here. i have never seen so many police checks in Pattaya in the last couple of years but people still ride around with no helmets and 4 people on a bike etc, overtaking on the inside and many other things. Law enforcement seems to have little effect on peoples thinking. There needs to be more education for the young generation who currently just copy what their elders do, if there is to be any improvement. What do YOu think as an individual, the solution is? 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

....'it happened elsewhere' does not make it any less stupid...

Agree.

But it doesn’t make because “Thai.”

just stupid.

1 hour ago, potless said:

What do YOu think as an individual, the solution is? 

Solution for me= drive safe. I never crash the train.

Solution for other people= I can not control.

i don’t like Prayut. But understand why he get angry. 555555

He try to control all the stupid people. Impossible. If you try, you will be angry.

i think that is why farang so many get angry. Get drunk, marry the bargirl, then try to change. Go to live with the primitive people. Think if make them the big house, the people will change. Can not change them. Even if complain all the time. Impossible. They not listen.

Then tarred with the same brush. Not every thai stupid. Understand or not?

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

Sums Thais to a tee...

Impatient .ME ME ME. 

Som nom na to idiot driver of the pickup. But Thai cannot do wrong...

Hi Sonhia.

i think maybe you hate Thailand the most. So angry everyday.

Even your nickname is not polite.

You lost money to Surin woman right?

what happened? She finish you? Cheat? 

I interested to know about why you so angry. Every post like that. 

I think you don’t meet with her in Surin right? In a bar?

Colin share his bad story. Is your story like that?

Hope you find good to be happy. Colin did it.

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hi Sonhia.

i think maybe you hate Thailand the most. So angry everyday.

Even your nickname is not polite.

You lost money to Surin woman right?

what happened? She finish you? Cheat? 

I interested to know about why you so angry. Every post like that. 

I think you don’t meet with her in Surin right? In a bar?

Colin share his bad story. Is your story like that?

Hope you find good to be happy. Colin did it.

Your blind defense of Thais is equally, or even more, lamentable.

Face the facts, especially where motoring is concerned, Thais are largely uneducated, untrained and incompetent.

Not all, nobody will say ‘all’... but a significant number as evidenced by the appalling road death statistics in Thailand - unless, of course, you think that they are caused by Farangs. 

Rather than defend the indefensible, your energy would be better directed towards campaigning for better education, training, testing and regulation of driving in Thailand.

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Then tarred with the same brush. Not every thai stupid. Understand or not?

There would be very few people that think that all Thais are stupid. There are stupid people and governments all over the world. Many foreigners are here to get away from seeing their home country fall apart because of stupid governments. It is not easy to get people to change, even if it is for their own good, but are you saying that it is not worth trying?

37 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Your blind defense of Thais is equally, or even more, lamentable.

Not blind. Some people are stupid. 

Face the facts, especially where motoring is concerned, Thais are largely uneducated, untrained and incompetent.

Not all, nobody will say ‘all’... b

Read Sonhia posts. And some other people.

ut a significant number as evidenced by the appalling road death statistics in Thailand - unless, of course, you think that they are caused by Farangs. 

Rather than defend the indefensible, your energy would be better directed towards campaigning for better education, training, testing and regulation of driving in Thailand.

I just join here to improve me. For my better education. My English teacher recommend it. 

I can not change other people. 

If so important for you, what you do about it? Anything? Only complain? Change anything?

impossible.

A lot of what is on thaivisa is wrong. The translation just pick at the bad thing or exaggerate. Over.

i try to be friendly and help, but if is wrong I want to say it.

Less than .01% of thai people die with the car crash.

example

Look at the new Phangnga Airport Thred. Southern news. Yesterday

many mistake about that. Bill Barrett. 

I think he is lazy to check. Maybe stupid. Do I say ALL farangs are stupid and lazy? No

Even I tell him he not change it. Why not? Face loss? 

Is all farang like that? No.

He is one person only.

only one person drove the pickup crash the train. Every country have the stupid people.

Commendable that you joined TV to enhance your education.

Just remember that the first requirement is a willingness to learn.

If you can do that, you will be streets ahead of most of your countrymen (if indeed you are Thai).

Did you every meet Maigo6?

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Care to share why you think I was bashing the Thais? Did you actually read or understand my post?

16 minutes ago, Yinn said:

is Not blind. Some people are stupid. 

Read Sonhia posts. And some other people.

I just join here to improve me. For my better education. My English teacher recommend it. 

I can not change other people. 

If so important for you, what you do about it? Anything? Only complain? Change anything?

impossible.

A lot of what is on thaivisa is wrong. The translation just pick at the bad thing or exaggerate. Over.

i try to be friendly and help, but if is wrong I want to say it.

Less than .01% of thai people die with the car crash.

example

Look at the new Phangnga Airport Thred. Southern news. Yesterday

many mistake about that. Bill Barrett. 

I think he is lazy to check. Maybe stupid. Do I say ALL farangs are stupid and lazy? No

Even I tell him he not change it. Why not? Face loss? 

Is all farang like that? No.

He is one person only.

only one person drove the pickup crash the train. Every country have the stupid people.

Yinn please do not get upset, I know it is probably very hard for you when you read exaggerations, mistruths, and some of the things said about others, but that is how some people feel.

We do not have to agree with them,  but try correct mistakes, , it does not mean they will change their opinions, but you have tried to correct them.  You have done your best.

Hope this site does help your English 

3 minutes ago, jimrod said:

I think I understand.

i agree with you, so put you on the top. And then show the other guys after.

if like that, sorry I not clear.

if not like that, I not understand. Sorry about that.

only today I understand “thai bashing”. Before I read like that I think the farang bash the Thais. I wonder about why I not see it in the thai news.

Thai bashing= Complaining about Thai people. Or not?

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

are I think I understand.

i agree with you, so put you on the top. And then show the other guys after.

if like that, sorry I not clear.

if not like that, I not understand. Sorry about that.

only today I understand “thai bashing”. Before I read like that I think the farang bash the Thais. I wonder about why I not see it in the thai news.

Thai bashing= Complaining about Thai people. Or not?

Yes there is a lot of " Thai bashing" but that reflects badly on those who do it, some think they are being smart, but they are not.

I sometime wonder why they remain here, but then maybe they just grumpy, and do not lower yourself to their level

You seem to understand fairly well

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yinn please do not get upset, I know it is probably very hard for you when you read exaggerations, mistruths, and some of the things said about others, but that is how some people feel.

We do not have to agree with them,  but try correct mistakes, , it does not mean they will change their opinions, but you have tried to correct them.  You have done your best.

Hope this site does help your English 

I not upset. I have the very “superiority complex” 55555

they pitiful. I know most farang are not like this crazy one. 

Good for English, more fun than textbook. Funny

Archived