Bike stops but pick-up is not so smart at railway crossing in Thailand

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I think I understand.

i agree with you, so put you on the top. And then show the other guys after.

if like that, sorry I not clear.

if not like that, I not understand. Sorry about that.

only today I understand “thai bashing”. Before I read like that I think the farang bash the Thais. I wonder about why I not see it in the thai news.

Thai bashing= Complaining about Thai people. Or not?

We are not Thai bashing when we criticize bad driving in Thailand and yes bad driving and idiots can be found all over the world , but , the fact is Thailand has the worst record for traffic accidents in the world. Every day when I drive somebody will pull out in front of me without looking. My Thai wife sitting next to me sees this and also does not understand why people are not more careful. She has been to England 3 times and noticed that the standard of driving is a lot better.

The only thing that now surprises me are why there are not more accidents.

However, to be fair I would be interested to hear why you yourself think Thailand has the worst record for traffic accidents.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Denim said:

However, to be fair I would be interested to hear why you yourself think Thailand has the worst record for traffic accidents.

I already talk about this one before. A lot.

But, it is not good, but not as bad as some people say.

i drive a car, use the seatbelt, never fast, slow more when have rain and turn on the light, never drive motorcycle , never drunk.

70 die everyday. 

80% is motorcycle 

=so 14 not on the motorcycle 

6 more is the walker or the pickup, bus 

=8 everyday

70% of that is drunk and fast

so about 2 or 3 people like me everyday. All of Thailand. 

I care, but I don’t worry. If I die, is very unlucky.

Also more people die in Russia, Nigeria, USA, India, China, Brazil than Thailand. Yes I know they have more people. 

More than 120,000 farang die every year.

i not want to argue about this subject anymore. I must cook dinner now.

That is my answer. I can not change what the other people do, only control myself.

48 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Commendable that you joined TV to enhance your education.

Just remember that the first requirement is a willingness to learn.

If you can do that, you will be streets ahead of most of your countrymen (if indeed you are Thai).

Did you every meet Maigo6?

I learn Chinese also. 

I am thai and not a man.

i don’t know Maigo6

52 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes there is a lot of " Thai bashing" but that reflects badly on those who do it, some think they are being smart, but they are not.

I sometime wonder why they remain here, but then maybe they just grumpy, and do not lower yourself to their level

You seem to understand fairly well

Thai bashing is ridiculing the whole nation and it's widespread among foreigners. 

I see more good than bad in Thais and I'm happy with that way of thinking. I've lived and worked here for many years and if seriously felt the way people on here felt, I wouldn't be here.

9 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I'm Thai and in a pickup. 

I wait for nothing and no one! 

Me me me barging through. 

Well, he was in the race to win it, he competed, gave it a fair shot, gave it his all, it isn't whether you win or lose etc... ????

I'm always nervous crossing train tracks even when the barriers are not down.  I never assume they will always be working here.  And some crossings are manually operated.  What if the guy is asleep or occupied on his cellphone.

i think he was on the phone........and the usual thai bashing is

as tedious as ever, only on thai visa forum is this noise a constant.

the lack of traffic law education in thailand is well known, but this wasnt about education,

this was about awareness

9 hours ago, balo said:

The helmless guy is the smart one , he actually understood the meaning of a train crossing. Most Thai drivers don't. 

Helmetless? If I'm to assume correctly, yet another dig whilst attempting to praise.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:14 PM, rwill said:

I'm always nervous crossing train tracks even when the barriers are not down.  I never assume they will always be working here.  And some crossings are manually operated.  What if the guy is asleep or occupied on his cellphone.

Good thinking.... You may actually live a long life here. Look right, look left, look up, look down, repeat and then think about it again. Then make your move with caution.

Regardless of the laws in Thailand, the Laws of Physics say:

Trains always have the Right of Way.

Archived