Big Oud's rogues' gallery: Five Thais fined for not reporting whereabouts of foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, losworld said:

so a retired falang here married to a thai and raising her kids has to report every time he goes somewhere but someone on a tourist visa does not?  sounds like a multi entry tourist visa is preferable lol

I am married and having the yellow house book, I went to the immigration upon my return from abroad 16th June, and was told that each time I am back from aboard I need to report, but my wife doesn't need to fill the TM 30, only I need to fill the TM 28 with copies of my TM 6, as I still have the last TM28 registration in my passport issued 17th June the last one I had the immigration officer took it out when I got new extension, now I will see when I am going to Russia next month, will return 11th July I will see what they will ask for then.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Someone on a tourist visa does too (or more precisely a TM30 has to be filed).

I agree with this to some extent.

Obviously if a tourist is staying in a hotel the hotel will be arranging the TM30 because they have too much to lose by not complying.

In fact Hotels have been doing the TM30 (or a version of it) for years now, it has been in Thai law since 2005 but it was only recently required for private residences.

However, if I have a friend visiting me (as a tourist) then he could stop at my house without me (actually my wife) having to comply with the TM30.

By law I should but……

When my friend leaves the country there is no check at the airport whether a TM30 has been submitted for him.

However, if someone who lives here is not up to date on the TM30 reporting they will get caught when they carry out their next 90 day report.

4 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

Photo OP, missed the finger pointing, guess that's 'reserved' for farang.

While they waisted time on this, unknown number of crimes happen same time, sale of YaBa openly everywhere,  unknown number of traffic accidents happen because all drivers know the roads are free speed for all, no cops to be seen. And traffic lights huh ...

This time it wasn't farang who had to pay, (running out of farang)?

Next photo OP, at Nana 2 am ...

Next photo OP at nakhon somewhere where 85 year old farang caught, not doing his latest 90 day report.

Priorities .....

I think you are confusing the duties of the immigration police with other branches of the RTP

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

However, if someone who lives here is not up to date on the TM30 reporting they will get caught when they carry out their next 90 day report.

Only if they've stayed some place that filed a TM30. In the example you gave, if your friend happened to be an expat in say Bangkok, and he or she visits you, there's no way for Immi to know that when he or she does their next 90 day report.

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The ex-pats who know that their landlord/landlady will soon get fed up with having to lose a day every time that their tenant stays somewhere else overnight.

These same ex-pats know that there is a good chance that their landlord/landlady will not renew their rental agreement next year.

That's fine, will cause mortgages to not get paid, banks to take over properties and sooner or later for the RE prices to crash down. Great opportunity to buy some cheap condos for us.

29 minutes ago, HansWurtz said:

I am married and having the yellow house book, I went to the immigration upon my return from abroad 16th June, and was told that each time I am back from aboard I need to report, but my wife doesn't need to fill the TM 30, only I need to fill the TM 28 with copies of my TM 6, as I still have the last TM28 registration in my passport issued 17th June the last one I had the immigration officer took it out when I got new extension, now I will see when I am going to Russia next month, will return 11th July I will see what they will ask for then.

Weird, as a TM.28 is to report a change of address, i.e. if you move house, condo, province etc.

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The ex-pats who know that their landlord/landlady will soon get fed up with having to lose a day every time that their tenant stays somewhere else overnight.

These same ex-pats know that there is a good chance that their landlord/landlady will not renew their rental agreement next year.

Well of course thats the plan make it difficult to rent to an ex-pat and they will all go home !!

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Oh I’m worried ???? now.

is camping banned or a reporting requirement? Did I miss a question on my TM30 about camping? Should I go to my immigration office immediately?

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I think the procedure is you go into the woods, set up your tent, walk back to immigration office and report yourself together with the owner of the woods and walk back. Just make sure the procedure doesn't take longer than 24 hours or you will have to get the immigration boss to do the TM30 for you for staying at the office.

It's pure idiocy.

No no no guys, you got it all wrong.. It all depends all the camping location.

If you are camping at Phang Nga for example, then you should politely ask the local Elephants to report your presence to immigration.

If on the other hand you are camping at Lop Buri, then the local Monkeys should be imminently contacted(dependent on the Tree you camp by).

If for some reason they refuse, then offering a few Bananas usually does it.

:cheesy::crazy:

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

Hotels can do this online (suppose).

Yes they can (and do).  My ex runs an overnight hotel at Phuket Airport.  Everyone only stays for one night.  She has 11 rooms.  Every guest checks in and completes the guest registration form (on paper).  Then she has to log on to the immigration website and manually enter all of the guest details. 

Every room, every day...... she hates doing this.  It's not practical for the guests to sit at the computer and enter their own details - there are nationality codes to be entered.

5 hours ago, Mistymilesdj said:

Who has time to go to immigration everytime a foreigner checks into their hotel? Do the big hotels do this?

Yes they do, nightly I am told, that is one of the reasons for copying your passport. They do it online

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The TM30 is the expats thing when he comes from abroad. Has nothing to do with the landlord

Wrong, it is all about the landlord.

For reference, this is what the English translation of the Immigration Act used by the Immigration Bureau says:

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.
In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1
is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the
Immigration Division.
Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with
regulations prescribed by the Director General.

7 hours ago, anterian said:

This is one of the most stupid rules ever, who has to report the farang if he goes camping. 

I camp a lot. I'd not mentioned this here bc no one camps.

The sweet, stupid irony the national parks will never report farang. If they are a day late I guess Immigration can fine the park service.

Further, when parks don't report they are implicitly stating they don't give a F. So there you go. Procedure and protocol 555

8 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

'Stay somewhere else overnight?  That is not the issue here.

'Stay somewhere else overnight?  That is not the issue here.
TM30 rules state that if you stay somewhere else overnight, you must file a TM30 on your return.
That is an issue

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

When my friend leaves the country there is no check at the airport whether a TM30 has been submitted for him.

Immigration never checks anyone's passport, (tourist or long time stayer)  to see if they have a  "receipt of notification ", ( receipt for the tm 30 filed)  paper in the back, nor do they check for the 90 day report paper in the back

Pathetic and insulting to us Aliens. Have they got nothing better to do? Hey, there goes a Farang, he's not at the address he's registered at!

It's getting a bit like Hitler's persecution of the Jews.

GPS ankle bracelet anyone?

417365474_AnkleBracelet.jpg.137f741e01fd684297093f7ce6735a7b.jpg

If this continues those of you who rent from Thais will be shown the door and it will become impossible to rent from a Thai in the future.

Then they will come after the foreign landlords.  

They will get rid of most of you one way or the other. The current administration is clearly anti foreigner.

16 minutes ago, dcnx said:

If this continues those of you who rent from Thais will be shown the door and it will become impossible to rent from a Thai in the future.

Who are they going to get to pay the inflated rent?

17 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Then they will come after the foreign landlords.  

Given the foreign landlords are, in the vast majority, breaking the law why would the target Thai's first?

18 minutes ago, dcnx said:

The current administration is clearly anti foreigner.

Not sure about "anti foreigner" but a hell of a lot of foreigners are certainly paranoid.

Archived