ripoff report (bill padding) on SOI 6

Pattayabeerbacon

On one particular bar (not naming any names) that is at the entrance of Soi 6 i was baltently ripped off for 500 THB.

I had been frequenting this bar for along time and was never treated in such a way until recently

in my experience as a younger pattaya Veteran i always P.A.Y.G but this wasnt enough to avoid been bill padded this particular incedent.

you see the previous visit to this bar i bought one Ladydrink and had a couple beers no worries, But this time the same lady came to sit qith me and started drinking next to me without asking and started ordering ghost beers on my bill that  didnt exist as i was using the P.A.Y.G method.

it was only until i went to pay cash for my second beer that i was greeted with a bill for 1×lipo, 5xsan miguel lights, 1 x lady drink.

it came to 500 exact, Excluding the beer i was about to buy , It was weird because one of the girls who is usually very friendly had began acting very distant from the beggining, Almost like it was pre planned.

either war the bar at the start of Soi 6 (not the beach entrance)...(not naming names)...

Is 100% practising bill padding and one particularly surly female bartender is behind it all .

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, shock horror, a girly bar ripping of visitors, whatever next.   It's been going on for years mate.  If it has never happened to you before  you have either been very lucky or just didn't notice.  just don't go to those kind of bars if you don't want to get fleeced. 

25 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

it was only until i went to pay cash for my second beer that i was greeted with a bill for 1×lipo, 5xsan miguel lights, 1 x lady drink.

If the empties weren't sitting in front of you, why did you pay?

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I found the following statement to be helpful and a real time and money saver when visiting Soi 6 bars:

"I don't drink or buy drinks. I only do boom boom. Is that something you can help me with?"

and the answer was? 

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

there is a down side to this no warm up tactic, but I hardly waste money any more on expensive preliminaries that go no where. 

Fair enough, a customer who goes into a shop, knowing what he wants to buy in terms of product, size, shape, colour and comfort. Sounds like every man I know. 

A troll post has been removed, for the information of that poster more than 95% of posts on Pattaya forum come from people living in Pattaya, only very occasionally do we see posts from outside Thailand. 

We do however know when a troll is a returned multi banned member  :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

oh, shock horror, a girly bar ripping of visitors, whatever next.   It's been going on for years mate.  If it has never happened to you before  you have either been very lucky or just didn't notice.  just don't go to those kind of bars if you don't want to get fleeced. 

Deal with any sort of place that deals with large numbers of foreigners in any tourist slum in Thailand more so bars with bar girls expect to get seriously screwed over and not in a good way. This goes with restaurants, hotels, travel shops, massage shops, bars, taxi's , bike rentals ANYTHING or ANYWHERE you see a English sign or foreigners. I just avoid these places and give them a very wide berth. I only deal with places that speak ZERO English. If a Thai gives me a dirty look, does not understand my Thai, refuses to answer how much something is. I turn around and leave. Chances are excellent one way other another they are going to harm you. In 99.999% of the cases i am never over charged .

Whether the OP is experienced in Thai tactics or not its still theft frankly. Name and shame the joint but more to the point another bar loses another punter for good.

The Soi is empty as it is on a scale I've never seen before. Every single bar on the soi must be losing hand over fist so stories like this are hardly helping

42 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

i payed and left, I know where i stand and my punishment to them was the loss of one customer, I really dont wanna be that guy who kicks up a fuss over a low end bill padding incedent.

Mistakes can happen. If you don´t complain they can´t correct them. Give them a chance. I would do. 

20 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Whether the OP is experienced in Thai tactics or not its still theft frankly. Name and shame the joint but more to the point another bar loses another punter for good.

The Soi is empty as it is on a scale I've never seen before. Every single bar on the soi must be losing hand over fist so stories like this are hardly helping

ill give a clue but i wont name names.

a square has four of these and a circle has none....

c####r bar

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Pattayabeerbacon thanks for the warning, next time i am walking around soi 6 i will be very careful.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

soi 6 does not allow "cranky old buggers" so that means you....banned...:clap2:

1 hour ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

i know thailand bar scene very well mate , ive spent over 2 million baht in them, Dont doubt me.

dare I say more fool you.  I can think of much better ways to spend that kind of money. 

No need to name the bar.  Just which side and which end!

Something similar in intent was tried on me some years ago.  

Complaining to the manager and repeated use of the phrase "tourist police" extra loudly got me out and no beating.  Might not work every time.  I had bought drinks for two girls on a very quiet afternoon and they wanted to charge me for two bar fines as well.  I think it was all down to the cashier as the two girls smirked at each other and me as I argued my way out.  I think I was lucky to escape a beating but I was younger and stupider then.  Just imagine if you as paid up later not PAYG.  I love the wooden bill cup system.  Don't touch the drink till you see the bill in the cup.

Archived