ripoff report (bill padding) on SOI 6

Pattayabeerbacon

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, petermik said:

soi 6 does not allow "cranky old buggers" so that means you....banned...:clap2:

You totally missed the point !! Me walking around soi 6..... Think about that for a moment.:cheesy:????????

14 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

No need to name the bar.  Just which side and which end!

11 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

What's the point of making these posts, when you are not naming names?

*cough* 

3 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

ill give a clue but i wont name names.

a square has four of these and a circle has none....

c####r bar

The main question is, why post before reading the thread? 

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

The Soi is empty as it is on a scale I've never seen before. Every single bar on the soi must be losing hand over fist so stories like this are hardly helping

I remember reading a while back that the bars weren't allowed

to open until after 6pm.

What's the case now, are they open all day or only after 6pm?

Actually they seem to be bill padding quite a few blokes who arent in the " Clique ".

nothing against those expats who run in that tight circle as the all come across  as friendly.

its more the one particularly sour faced cashier , You will notice here instantly if you sit at the bar near the pool table, Never smiles unless shes ripping you off, Just a strong miserable frown.

AVOID

5 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

i payed and left, I know where i stand and my punishment to them was the loss of one customer, I really dont wanna be that guy who kicks up a fuss over a low end bill padding incedent.

But you posted it anyway, so i think thats still kicking up a fuss over a low end bill padding incident . 

4 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

i know thailand bar scene very well mate , ive spent over 2 million baht in them, Dont doubt me.

Yeah, but it seems you only got half a million baht worth of drinks. ????

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

oh, shock horror, a girly bar ripping of visitors, whatever next.   It's been going on for years mate.  If it has never happened to you before  you have either been very lucky or just didn't notice.  just don't go to those kind of bars if you don't want to get fleeced. 

Unlike Walking Street, I never notice any bouncers at the doors of the bars in Soi 6 (maybe they stay inside).

So if you get fleeced just pay what you ordered and no more.

I do not frequent bars as I am a non drinker, so maybe for some reason that would not be wise.

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

Tell us who ripped you off, and we can avoid the place :This is how you get back at them. 

You obviously don't know about Thai defamation laws.

Owner is not a member here, but is  a good guy and wouldn't want to see his customers cheated like this.
I suggest that the OP asks for Chris Moss or Nibs Hall next time he is there and they will take care of this with his help.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

If the empties weren't sitting in front of you, why did you pay?

I don't frequent bars much anymore, especially these sorts. Not been to Pattaya in a decade but I don't recall bottles being stacked on my table. The fresh one comes and the empty goes back.

He got clipped. Plenty of bars to waste your life in. Pick another.

19 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Normally I would steer clear of soi 6, but now the govt has outlawed these machines I have no choice ????

games.JPG.aa449d1dc7708665625196e7d0222e8f.JPG

All is now right in the world. We breathe easier and can live another day.

Praise Bob

RE - it came to 500 exact, Excluding the beer i was about to buy

Another big spending rip off thread - when will this end ... :whistling:

BTW - you said as follows:

you see the previous visit to this bar i bought one Ladydrink and had a couple beers no worries, But this time the same lady came to sit qith me and started drinking next to me without asking and started ordering ghost beers on my bill that  didnt exist as i was using the P.A.Y.G method.

So it means that the previous time no bill padding happened ...

And then you said: Is 100% practicing bill padding and one particularly surly female bartender is behind it all .

If they really are practicing 100% bill padding then they would have done this every time you visit the bar don't you think ... ????

You said as well: either war the bar at the start of Soi 6 (not the beach entrance)...(not naming names)...

Since you obviously not remember the bar even after repeated visits then naming may be a real challenge and based on that it seems that you drank more beer than you remember so the bill may have been correct after all ... :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Mistakes can happen. If you don´t complain they can´t correct them. Give them a chance. I would do. 

mistakes can happen ?? but crooked bars need to be named and shamed...

fortunately most gogo bars  now have electronic bar tabs, i check mine reguarly, especially if buying drinks for more than one lady..i  once had a friend of the lady that i was drinking with--charge me for two bar fines x 600thb...i think she thought i was too boozed...not to know..

im never too boozed, not to know where my money is going.

when i complained, my lady quickly refunded me 1200 thb from her purse.

she had already received generous tips from me then and previously--knew it would not be wise to upset me..

generally, are find that most of the bars are very accurate when giving change , not like it used to be, a few years back

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Tell us who ripped you off, and we can avoid the place :This is how you get back at them. 

Computer and Defamation laws; don't want to get forced into a CORNER on this, I'd suspect.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

You totally missed the point !! Me walking around soi 6..... Think about that for a moment.:cheesy:????????

You are being too subtle for many TV denizens, Colin.

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

oh, shock horror, a girly bar ripping of visitors, whatever next.   It's been going on for years mate.  If it has never happened to you before  you have either been very lucky or just didn't notice.  just don't go to those kind of bars if you don't want to get fleeced. 

they only do it because people let them  get away with it.

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

mistakes can happen ?? but crooked bars need to be named and shamed...

fortunately most gogo bars  now have electronic bar tabs, i check mine reguarly, especially if buying drinks for more than one lady..i  once had a friend of the lady that i was drinking with--charge me for two bar fines x 600thb...i think she thought i was too boozed...not to know..

im never too boozed, not to know where my money is going.

when i complained, my lady quickly refunded me 1200 thb from her purse.

she had already received generous tips from me then and previously--knew it would not be wise to upset me..

generally, are find that most of the bars are very accurate when giving change , not like it used to be, a few years back

Mistakes do happen indeed.

ripoffs also.....

I have been drinkin in that bar since 2010 Christmas time when it was on the other side of the soi 6 , thats half a year months shy of a decade and they treat me like this.

There is no loyalty, No matter how rich you are, Thais want to make money and spend money TODAY, A million tomorow or ten baht today , A thai takes 10 THB .

Archived