ripoff report (bill padding) on SOI 6

Pattayabeerbacon

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Nope, luckily nothing last forever and today's strong thb will not be an exception - it's just a matter of time … :thumbsup:

The baht has been consistently going up against the pound and dollar for 20 years.  When is, "just a matter of time?"????????????

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The baht has been consistently going up against the pound and dollar for 20 years.  When is, "just a matter of time?"????????????

20 years … ? … Those who call the most are usually those who know the least … :coffee1: 

GBP against THB

https://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=GBP&C2=THB&DD1=30&MM1=06&YYYY1=1989&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=30&MM2=06&YYYY2=2019&btnOK=Go!

USD against THB

https://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=USD&C2=THB&DD1=30&MM1=06&YYYY1=1989&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=30&MM2=06&YYYY2=2019&btnOK=Go!

6 minutes ago, ttrd said:

2005 USD 40 baht.  Today 31.  Pound 73 baht today 39.  I've been here since 2005.  I'll give you some advice young fellow - for a fee. ????  You didn't think I was free did you?  Good advice never is.  

4 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Thing is majority of Thai people have no idea about how strong there currency is compared to the world and wouldnt care/understand if you told him.

They would know there is not much money floating around.  The high baht started 3 years ago,junta intervention,reading BKKs newspapers,there is massive developings,the baht will depreciate rapidly next few months

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

2005 USD 40 baht.  Today 31.  Pound 73 baht today 39.  I've been here since 2005.  I'll give you some advice young fellow - for a fee. ????  You didn't think I was free did you?  Good advice never is.  

If you were able to read a chart then you would have discovered that it has been some favourable movements periodically for both Pound and USD against THB over a period of 20 years - with the proviso that you have the desire to see the world in anything other than black and white … 

There is actually a significant difference in Your alleged 20 year period and the documented and real 13 years period consisting of up and Downs - an exaggeration of nearly 60% … 

Good discussions are based on realities and only that - this is my advice and it's free … :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, oxysong said:

They would know there is not much money floating around.  The high baht started 3 years ago,junta intervention,reading BKKs newspapers,there is massive developings,the baht will depreciate rapidly next few months

The baht was 40 to 1 USD in 2005 today it's 30.  That is not three years, it's 15 years.  

6 minutes ago, ttrd said:

If you were able to read a chart then you would have discovered that it has been some favourable movements periodically for both Pound and USD against THB over a period of 20 years - with the proviso that you have the desire to see the world in anything other than black and white … 

There is actually a significant difference in Your alleged 20 year period and the documented and real 13 years period consisting of up and Downs - an exaggeration of nearly 60% … 

Good discussions are based on realities and only that - this is my advice and it's free … :thumbsup:

The direction has been down for 20 years.  The baht has been going up for 20 years and shows no signs of doing anything else.  That's a long time eh?

GBP-THB-chart-20-years.jpg

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The baht was 40 to 1 USD in 2005 today it's 30.  That is not three years, it's 15 years.  

This is 14 years and not 15 for those who know how to calculate - for Your information we are now in the middle of 2019 … :thumbsup:

BTW - What happend with Your first allegation of 20years .. ? … :coffee1:

34 minutes ago, ttrd said:

This is 14 years and not 15 for those who know how to calculate - for Your information we are now in the middle of 2019 … :thumbsup:

BTW - What happend with Your first allegation of 20years .. ? … :coffee1:

https://gbp.exchangeconversions.com/thb/charts#chart_20years_rate

Opera Snapshot_2019-06-30_212402_gbp.exchangeconversions.com.png

I said the Pound and Dollar have been going down against the Baht for 20 years and you are saying I'm wrong?  Has it been going up for 20 years?  

Lets make it a true or false question.  The general overwhelming trend of the pound and dollar against the baht has been down for almost two decades, true or false?  

35 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I care not 20 years or so,just the immediate positioning of the currency,as you should know. It is 3 years that the baht has climbed  rapidly against most if not all currencies,that is reason enough to suggest manipulation on the grandest of scales,now the climb down is happening,baht way over valued ,who says so?  why the Bank of Thailand and taking steps to weaken it

Just now, Salerno said:

Cropping the dates off the pic (2004 - 2019) still doesn't make it 20 years :coffee1:

That's the best I could do check the site.  So, what?  You think the Pound and Dollar have been going up against the baht for the last 20 years?  I guess you are some star investor eh?  ????  A lot of Brits told me never to put money in a Thai bank but I did in 2005.  Now do you think any have come back and told me they were dead wrong?  No, they all went home.  

18 minutes ago, oxysong said:

Yet another Wiki feature,you just cannot help yourself, I could produce more Wiki stuff,its all there to be swatted up,but life's too short

It's not wiki.  Go ahead and show us those charts of the pound and dollar gaining on the baht for the last 20 years.  

So, what?

So stop saying 20 years then.

I guess you are some star investor eh?

Nope, but I can count to 20 ... and I don't even have to use my fingers and toes.

A lot of Brits told me never to put money in a Thai bank but I did in 2005. 

Congrats, but dumb Brits does not excuse lack of accuracy.

21 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Opera Snapshot_2019-06-30_212402_gbp.exchangeconversions.com.png

I said the Pound and Dollar have been going down against the Baht for 20 years and you are saying I'm wrong?  Has it been going up for 20 years?  

Lets make it a true or false question.  The general overwhelming trend of the pound and dollar against the baht has been down for almost two decades, true or false?  

No need to argue over if it was 13, 14 or 20 years - anyway it is a long time with ups and downs and we can agree that the trend has been as you said mostly down …

Reagardless we should be able to agree that it has been a long time and that this long period  now is history. Since nothing last forever it may soon change as it always does.

When? - Well that remain to see … :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

No need to argue over if it was 13, 14 or 20 years - anyway it is a long time with ups and downs and we can agree that the trend has been as you said mostly down …

Reagardless we should be able to agree that it has been a long time and that this long period  now is history. Since nothing last forever it may soon change as it always does.

When? - Well that remain to see … :thumbsup:

My point was that because it's been up for so long is an indicator that it will keep going up as opposed to because it's been up for so long it will go down.  A person who says nothing lasts forever has not experienced the mindset of a hooker which hasn't changed since caveman days.  

My point was that because it's been up for so long is an indicator that it will keep going up as opposed to because it's been up for so long it will go down.  A person who says nothing lasts forever has not experienced the mindset of a hooker which hasn't changed since caveman days.  

No comment (you win) - this to prevent this discussion to last forever .. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

It's not wiki.  Go ahead and show us those charts of the pound and dollar gaining on the baht for the last 20 years.  

Here's the pound. After the 1997 Asian crisis, it settled at around 60, and then rose steadily for the next 7-8 years, to a high of 75. It remained close to 70 right until the beginning of 2007, when it started to fall, before crashing after the 2008 global financial crisis. 

You're talking out of your hat when you claim the pound has steadily declined against the baht for the past 20 years - in first ten years of that period it was either going up, or stable. Perhaps it's time to stop claiming to be an expert on this, especially as you've now changed your story to admit you only transferred your money 14 years ago.

1559470362821.jpg

6 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

That's the best I could do check the site.  So, what?  You think the Pound and Dollar have been going up against the baht for the last 20 years?  I guess you are some star investor eh?  ????  A lot of Brits told me never to put money in a Thai bank but I did in 2005.  Now do you think any have come back and told me they were dead wrong?  No, they all went home.  

"No, they all went home"     does wiki say that? stepping out of yours bounds now,no wiki ,no you....but another 'not often you are right '  ...but unfortunately  ...yes you have got it  lol..'wrong again'  lol

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

2001-63. 2002-64.  67,73,73,69,69,61,53,48,48,49,48,53,52,47,43, 2018-43

http://fx.sauder.ubc.ca/etc/GBPpages.pdf

The above is the pound going down against the baht for 20 years.  A few years out of 20 going up does not a 20 year trend make.  

So what? thrashing this thread to death to see you have the last word obviously.  It is the here and now that matters,of course the immediate future,but not looking so bright for Thailand,UK and other countries will recover..Thailand heading for another junta pact

46 minutes ago, oxysong said:

So what? thrashing this thread to death to see you have the last word obviously.  It is the here and now that matters,of course the immediate future,but not looking so bright for Thailand,UK and other countries will recover..Thailand heading for another junta pact

What is a junta pact?

Archived