BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Brake Failure on a field trip: Dozens of young students end up in ravine in Kanchanaburi

I think some credit must be due to the "helper" who was "ordered" to jump from a moving bus to try and stop the moving wheels with logs!

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He said he slowed further but there was a problem with his brakes. He ordered his helper to put chocks made from logs under the wheels but this did no good. 

Only in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

These bus drivers need amulets of the patron saint of brake systems St Brembo to ward off the evil brake failure thing .. 

IMG_20190628_105837.jpg

This one is excellent..  10 points

I suspect if the bus was carrying logs to use as chocks,

that the driver already knew the brakes were shit.

regards worgeordie

Nobody killed ? Thank the gods  not the incompetent people neglecting their duty to maintain a public bus !!! Disgrace and shame to the Kingdom

hope you no hopers in the giver are reading these feeds!!!

Looking at i would conservatively bet the bus is 40 years old maybe older, this combined with a nearly 70 year old driver... amazing!

I know i'm getting old and dense, but that article didn't even make sense to me.

No surprise.

There are many more  unmaintained or poorly maintained vechicles with irratic or unfit drivers of such vehicles on the most dangerous roads in the world, namely Thai roads.

Paradise.

4 hours ago, quandow said:

Vehicles have two basic functions: go and stop. The go part is MUCH more intricate than the stop part, yet they seem to fail the stop function MUCH more frequently. Should someone point this out to their service mechanics (silly and pointless question, of course)?

Why check them? They've been ok for the past 15 years.

Even if everyone died, nothing would be done~it never is

Maybe the brake mechanic title should be removed from banned work for foreigner's ,as obviously the work is not being carried out, possibly another job the locals wont do ,  

Well you wanted a field trip here it is 🤔