True Vison TV is Rubbish: Recommendations for Alternatives Please.

Pilotman

I need an alternative to True Vision Silver Contract, so around 1,000 Bhat per month.  Not bothered about a full range of programmes, just in sport, F!, NFL, MOTO GP,   range of English movies, CNN, E, etc. Any recommendations?  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, madmen said:

What about something like this. I also need a basic package for a condo Im renting out and yes true is rubbish

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i7982909-s9965420.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.58a56108mldX3d&urlFlag=true&mp=1

How do these things access TV?  I have no idea, but I presume that you need a card, or some other provider to get access? 

" all the apps you’d expect to find are present. You can download and watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Crackle, YouTube, HBO Go, NBC, ABC, BBC iPlayer, MLB.TV, and a whole lot more. Some of the apps face geo-restrictions. Use a high-quality VPN provider like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost to get around the blocks."

My understanding is its all internet based and you just click on the installed apps or download new ones from google play . Its accessed via wi fi or your lan cable. Everything you need is in the box from lazada

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-tv-boxes-what-are-they-and-what-can-they-do/

If you have an internet TV, a good (Fast) WiFi connection then you just plug the box in to your HDMI slot at the back of the TV, connect to your WiFi and away you go, I have one and currently have over 2 dozen series that I'm watching and all the latest movies to watch, Ali Baba, Godzilla etc etc, I'm in Patts and know where to get them fully loaded for 4500 Baht, no subscription needed.

You can do it without an Android box, just connect your PC to

your Tv, by HDMI cable (if they both have outlets),its best to 

connect your PC to router with RJ45 cable,as it's faster than

WiFi, better for streaming stuff.

Just check out Google, streaming tv, you can get all movies,

series,documentaries,without adverts,news,sports especially

live not so easy.

I just add the websites to my speed dial,so one click and you

are straight to whatever you want to watch,add an adblocker too.

also you can use a VPN if you want to view geo restricted sites

like BBC,ITV,NZ, OZ,there's so much to watch,i dumped TRUE

years ago.

regards worgeordie

I have AIS Play plus AIS internet package.

Good range of live HD TV programs in English and Thai. Sky News, CNN, Singapore News, free Thai channels and HBO Go for US movies and series all included.

Tiny box plus a remote control. On screen guide in English or Thai, on screen timer reminder.

Much cheaper than True and has all HBO and Cinemax channels.

Installation for me was fully automatic .... said to the long haired one that I wanted to move from True to AIS, man turned up, removed the True stuff and fitted a little white box and placed remote in my hand.

Job done.

I believe bills can be paid at 7-11, but again this is all automatic. 

It's been reliable for 18 months now, and regular updates download via on-screen menu to add features and improved interface.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

" all the apps you’d expect to find are present. You can download and watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Crackle, YouTube, HBO Go, NBC, ABC, BBC iPlayer, MLB.TV, and a whole lot more. Some of the apps face geo-restrictions. Use a high-quality VPN provider like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost to get around the blocks."

My understanding is its all internet based and you just click on the installed apps or download new ones from google play . Its accessed via wi fi or your lan cable. Everything you need is in the box from lazada

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-tv-boxes-what-are-they-and-what-can-they-do/

well yes, but most of them, Netflix, HBO, NFL network  require a subscription and that will work out way more expensive than 1,000 baht per month? I'm not really looking for an internet subscription alternative, I already have that on my computer.  I really need a satellite alternative that runs off  a sat dish.  

30 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I have AIS Play plus AIS internet package.

Good range of live HD TV programs in English and Thai. Sky News, CNN, Singapore News, free Thai channels and HBO Go for US movies and series all included.

Tiny box plus a remote control. On screen guide in English or Thai, on screen timer reminder.

Much cheaper than True and has all HBO and Cinemax channels.

Installation for me was fully automatic .... said to the long haired one that I wanted to move from True to AIS, man turned up, removed the True stuff and fitted a little white box and placed remote in my hand.

Job done.

I believe bills can be paid at 7-11, but again this is all automatic. 

It's been reliable for 18 months now, and regular updates download via on-screen menu to add features and improved interface.

I am about to change to AIS as True, well Bein, has lost Premier League football next season, the final straw.

However, I need a second box. Is it possible to connect the second box to the router, wirelessly?

42 minutes ago, petemoss said:

I am about to change to AIS as True, well Bein, has lost Premier League football next season, the final straw.

However, I need a second box. Is it possible to connect the second box to the router, wirelessly?

Yes.  We have one TV connected directly and a second TV in a bedroom via WIFI.  They set both up for us during the initial visit.

Interestingly, the second TV runs slightly behind the first, so if both have volume up and same channel showing, you get an echo.

But in practice 'her' tv speaks Thai and shows non-stop lakorn and wildlife programs, and 'mine' speaks English and shows news, sport and movies. ????

With AIS Fibre you can have three of their TV boxes that they call Playboxes.  First box is included in the basic monthly price.  If you add additional boxes it's Bt100 per box per month additional.  You can connect the boxes to the router via router or Wifi.   Better movie/TV programming (like having HBO movie channels) than TrueVisions and definitely a LOT cheaper.   Get their AIS Playbox Platinum Full HD package at Bt599/month to ensure you get the full plate of TV channels and movies.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package.html

https://www.ais.co.th/play/package.html 

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

I am about to change to AIS as True, well Bein, has lost Premier League football next season,

Is Thailand not included in this ?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/800503                                                                                                                                           

On the eve of the 2018/19 Premier League season, the Premier League and beIN SPORTS have announced a multi-year media rights deal whereby beIN SPORTS will broadcast exclusively all Premier League football matches in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for the three seasons 2019/20-2021/22. 

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

Is Thailand not included in this ?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/800503                                                                                                                                           

On the eve of the 2018/19 Premier League season, the Premier League and beIN SPORTS have announced a multi-year media rights deal whereby beIN SPORTS will broadcast exclusively all Premier League football matches in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for the three seasons 2019/20-2021/22. 

I've heard that Thailand isn't included next year. Same as Champions league this year. Available in the Middle East but not Thailand. True are cheapskates and won't pay for it. Same as when they stopped the HBO channels.

AIS has a far better suite of channels but for less monthly fee. Still no EPL though. Some channels have catch up and you can add Netflix to the box. 

Also, my next door neighbour has AIS. I regularly lose the True signal completely for hours at a time. He never loses his and I have to access his router to use the internet. AIS is far more stable.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

With AIS Fibre you can have three of their TV boxes that they call Playboxes.  First box is included in the basic monthly price.  If you add additional boxes it's Bt100 per box per month additional.  You can connect the boxes to the router via router or Wifi.   Better movie/TV programming (like having HBO movie channels) than TrueVisions and definitely a LOT cheaper.   Get their AIS Playbox Platinum Full HD package at Bt599/month to ensure you get the full plate of TV channels and movies.

Does that include home internet  as well? still sounds pretty good even without. Think I may go for it

3 hours ago, Pib said:

If you have one Platinum subscription and 3 boxes, do all the boxes have access to Platinum?

Yes True has been rubbish since January 2017 when they lost half of their channels because of their failure to update their contracts with HBO and other channels.

Best alternative AIS full package they have A LOT more channels then True Visions including all the HBO channels and many more. AIS has so many channels I have not even seen them all yet in the two and a half years since I switched to AIS from that stupid True Visions company. Ditch True and switch to AIS trust me you’ll be satisfied especially if you like American and other western channels and movies. Including Fox News and CNN and other news channels from the states and other western countries including most of the Thai channels. I’m very happy with AIS. I switched our iPhones, internet, and cable TV services to AIS back in January 2017.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

We have 2 boxes, so far quite good, very occasionally the picture freezes but only for 1 or 2 seconds then all automatically returns to normal, perhaps once every 3 days or perhaps even once in a week. We don't need any other additional packages, the list of 'standard' channels is long and comprehensive, include many movie channels, some old movies some not that old, many cartoons, FoxThai, Euronews, France 24, DW, NHK, Channel News Asia, quite a few sports channels. Many channels are bi-lingual and easy to change the language. The default language for the box in our living room is set for Thai, for my bedroom it's English.

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

If you have one Platinum subscription and 3 boxes, do all the boxes have access to Platinum?

Yes - we have one platinum box plus one running on WIFI - and both have the full platinum package.

I've heard that Thailand isn't included next year. Same as Champions league this year. Available in the Middle East but not Thailand. True are cheapskates and won't pay for it. Same as when they stopped the HBO channels.

AIS has a far better suite of channels but for less monthly fee. Still no EPL though. Some channels have catch up and you can add Netflix to the box. 

Also, my next door neighbour has AIS. I regularly lose the True signal completely for hours at a time. He never loses his and I have to access his router to use the internet. AIS is far more stable.
Truevisions have secured the Premiership TV rights for Thailand for the next 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

well yes, but most of them, Netflix, HBO, NFL network  require a subscription and that will work out way more expensive than 1,000 baht per month? I'm not really looking for an internet subscription alternative, I already have that on my computer.  I really need a satellite alternative that runs off  a sat dish.  

You only need netflix. awesome content. so much choice. you will be finding it hard which one to choose as theres so much on offer. only 400 baht a month. go for it. you will never unsubscribe. you will never need another service. highly recommended

17 hours ago, madmen said:

What about something like this. I also need a basic package for a condo Im renting out and yes true is rubbish

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i7982909-s9965420.html?spm=a2o4m.cart.0.0.58a56108mldX3d&urlFlag=true&mp=1

This is old technology. Your better off with the new box from Beelink GT with Android 9.0.. About $100.

13 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

You only need netflix. awesome content. so much choice. you will be finding it hard which one to choose as theres so much on offer. only 400 baht a month. go for it. you will never unsubscribe. you will never need another service. highly recommended

Well yes and no.  I have UK Netflix and using the VPN, I get much better content than the Thai version.  It's okay, but too much missing for me. 

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Truevisions have secured the Premiership TV rights for Thailand for the next 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

another reason to change then. ????

12 hours ago, Pib said:

Can you still subscribe to the Playbox Platinum if you have a different internet provider? I use 3BB.

Archived