True Vison TV is Rubbish: Recommendations for Alternatives Please.

Pilotman

12 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

True has the EPL.

So despite our occasional tiffs, I stay true to True.

Rooster

Me too. Have been a Gold Package/Super Soccer subscriber for nearly 20 years. Started when it was UBC! Get most of what "Pilotman" is asking for. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

You only need netflix. awesome content. so much choice. you will be finding it hard which one to choose as theres so much on offer. only 400 baht a month. go for it. you will never unsubscribe. you will never need another service. highly recommended

That's not true (forgive the pun) if you want sports,news etc.  Netflix is fantastic for series although it is not the same as USA Netflix with far less movies etc.

17 hours ago, madmen said:

" all the apps you’d expect to find are present. You can download and watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Crackle, YouTube, HBO Go, NBC, ABC, BBC iPlayer, MLB.TV, and a whole lot more. Some of the apps face geo-restrictions. Use a high-quality VPN provider like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost to get around the blocks."

My understanding is its all internet based and you just click on the installed apps or download new ones from google play . Its accessed via wi fi or your lan cable. Everything you need is in the box from lazada

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-tv-boxes-what-are-they-and-what-can-they-do/

VPN's do not work with Netflix. Whether you are a member or not. Presently, around 90% of their content is not available in Thailand. I agree True sucks. Monopolies are never a good thing. They show movies that are 30 years old, where the licensing fee is down to $2. On rare occasion, they show recent movies. Their selection is really poor. No HD BBC, Bloomberg, and many more. In the US, I got 600 channels, last time I looked. Nearly all HD. Get with True. This is not Burkina Faso. Is it?

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Truevisions have secured the Premiership TV rights for Thailand for the next 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They say it will be available on "all platforms"

So maybe they will have an online app for this ?

1 hour ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Hope you have not paid TRUE in advance, and want to cancel, because the crooks won't give your pre-paid money back, as I found out to my cost (6 months at more than 1000 baht a month)

And if you pay monthly by automatic credit card charge then push hard for them to confirm they have instructed your bank to stop the automatic payments.

And no you can't do this yourself, when you signed for auto cc payments the fine print says only truevisions can do the cancel.

About seven years back we wanted to cancel this because we were moving out of Bangkok, true put us through hell, they did cancel the charging and then reinstated it. Beware. 

Just now, scorecard said:

And if you pay monthly by automatic credit card charge then push hard for them to confirm they have instructed your bank to stop the automatic payments.

And no you can't do this yourself, when you signed for auto cc payments the fine print says only truevisions can do the cancel.

About seven years back we wanted to cancel this because we were moving out of Bangkok, true put us through hell, they did cancel the charging and then reinstated it. Beware. 

Tried many times to pay True via their app. Always unsuccessful because it will only accept Thai credit cars although the machine in the shop accepts my UK CC. Therefore, I have always been forced to pay monthly in cash. My payment runs out at the end of the month and they won't be getting any more of my cash. Som nam na.

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

HD Prime has some True Sport channels live to view channels, I'm hoping the EPL will be on one of them.

So do I. Maybe we'll have to push them to get some more channels. Otherwise it will only be 2-3 matches a weekend, the ones on Sky.

13 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

True has the EPL.

So despite our occasional tiffs, I stay true to True.

Rooster

The strange this is, they have not announced the cost to us. You would think, if they had made a bid, they would also have worked out how many customers to expect and how much to charge them to make a profit. Instead, when they announced they were showing the EPL they said the fee would be announced later. That makes no sense to me, but TIT.

I recently switched from True to AIS.  Truevisions box with PVR was way easier to use than the AIS playbox.  The true station menu was much better plus you could record shows and watch them later.  There is no way to record with AIS playbox that I can find.  However this is somewhat offset on the playbox because you can access a lot of the series on demand for a month or so after they first air.  Some of the more popular for much longer.

And truevisions had all the ufc events I have not found them on AIS.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Myiptv box around 4,000 baht and then 3,600 baht every 3 months payable in advance 100s of English speaking channels including Avery sport you can think of 

I paid 2500 for the box and it's 1800 every three months. Everything I want and 95+ per-cent reliable.

19 hours ago, madmen said:

" all the apps you’d expect to find are present. You can download and watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Crackle, YouTube, HBO Go, NBC, ABC, BBC iPlayer, MLB.TV, and a whole lot more. Some of the apps face geo-restrictions. Use a high-quality VPN provider like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost to get around the blocks."

My understanding is its all internet based and you just click on the installed apps or download new ones from google play . Its accessed via wi fi or your lan cable. Everything you need is in the box from lazada

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-tv-boxes-what-are-they-and-what-can-they-do/

wouldn't advise wifi connections for TV access better to use LAN cable connections more stable, had wifi connected for 3 months (couldn't install cable in condo) not one day could I watch something without being cut, as soon condo allow to install cable I did and all went to normal stream

Get yourself an Amazon Firestick and provided you have decent broadband load it up with BBC iPlayer, My5,All4,ITV Hub, UKTVPlayer, Livenet TV,Mobdro and Morph TV and you'll have more TV than you will have time to watch. You will also need a good VPN and I would recommend Browsec. It is simplicity itself !

2 hours ago, vogie said:

HD Prime has some True Sport channels live to view channels, I'm hoping the EPL will be on one of them.

I think there is a very good chance that they will have the EPL as their Bein feed is via True (True logo on the screen) and will lose a lot of customers if they don't.

Also they seem to have an 'arrangement' with True as their main payment method is via True Money cards at 7-11.

True are cheap skates but they have bought the rights for Thailand for the EPL 

The EPL is also getting greedy which is the main reason for the delay in purchasing.

Not sure if being transmitted through BeIn (very good quality) or direct from the EPL.

Anyway, after Facebook reneged on their contract True jumped in & purchased.

They did not take the World Cup Cricket (which I now have a satisfactory feed for) but I hope they take the World Cup Rugby

32 minutes ago, Scottie12 said:

Get yourself an Amazon Firestick and provided you have decent broadband load it up with BBC iPlayer, My5,All4,ITV Hub, UKTVPlayer, Livenet TV,Mobdro and Morph TV and you'll have more TV than you will have time to watch. You will also need a good VPN and I would recommend Browsec. It is simplicity itself !

Sounds good but out of stock lazada so probably is good. Im assuming that its content requires subscription ? What about access to net flix?

15 hours ago, madmen said:

Does that include home internet  as well? still sounds pretty good even without. Think I may go for it

You would sign up wit AIS Fibre for an internet plan.   They have "many" different plans....different speeds....different prices....some internet only....some internet & TV.... some internet, TV, and mobile.....etc....etc....etc.  

If you get a plan that comes with TV then a Playbox is provided (Playbox is simply AIS's name of the android TV box they provide).    With all the various promotions AIS is always having the plan you get may come with one of the TV packages....like Platinum, Movies, Family, Sports, etc., packages....each of these package basically just adds more channels to the long list of free-to-air channels.  I think it best just to get the Platinum package at Bt599 which includes all the channels in the Movies, Family, Sports, etc., packages.  Now the great majority of the premium channels are American channels....so if say you are a Brit looking for UK programming you will only find a few on AIS TV packages.

Just review those links I gave earlier.

15 hours ago, petemoss said:

If you have one Platinum subscription and 3 boxes, do all the boxes have access to Platinum?

Yes...you only pay for the Platinum package once per month whether you have 1, 2 or 3 Playboxes.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can you still subscribe to the Playbox Platinum if you have a different internet provider? I use 3BB.

No.  The only way to get a AIS Playbox is to subscribe to an AIS internet plan. 

Now there are AISPlay TV packages where you only need the "AISPlay app" to play these packages....no Playbox needed.  The AISPlay app can be downloaded from Google Play and Apple, but at least unless something has changed to download it from Google Play you will need to have a "Thailand" google account since it geo restricted for download....or you could download the AISPlay app from a site like APKPure

With the AISPlay app on your "smartphone/tablet/android box" you can view the hundred of so free-to-air channels for free....but if wanting the premium channels like the HBO channels and various other channels you would need to subscribe for a monthly fee.

Just go to below AIS webpage and notice there are two areas.....one titled AIS Play Package which is where you are using the AISPlay app to view the TV on any smartphone/tablet/android box.  And then another titled AIS "Playbox" Package which is where you need an AIS internet plan and these AIS Playbox Packages include a few more channels and additional stuff that not in the AIS Play Package that will work in any smartphone/tablet/box.  That's why the pricing is different between the AIS Play Packages and AIS Playbox Packages.   

https://www.ais.co.th/play/package.html

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Well yes and no.  I have UK Netflix and using the VPN, I get much better content than the Thai version.  It's okay, but too much missing for me. 

Yes, I also watch Netflix Australia and sometimes UK. Has some more content than Thai but Thai is still more than OK. I do find when using a VPN I can watch and record to my phone or tablet, but CANNOT stream to TV or mirroring as the device detects that I'm trying to stream from another geo location. 

Is there any way around using a VPN and say watching Oz TV and then stream to your TV easy?? 

Or can it only be done from PC and HDMI link up to you TV? 

I'd appreciate some advice from someone in the know.. 

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

VPN's do not work with Netflix. 

Not true. I have been using VPNs for 3.5 years now and can get Netflix in about a hundred different countries and never had a problem. Many shows even in 4K. Watching on computer or phone use the VPN app but for smart tv I bought a LinksysWRT3200 rebuild from Amazon for about 8k baht  and flashed the firmware myself from the VPN provider. That's how I get 4K speeds on tv and all devices can connect to the router. You need to be a bit tech savi to do this but nothing that cant be found online line for how to do it.  Not all VPNs the same though and the cheap ones wont work or don't give support. 

15 hours ago, owenm said:

Yes, I also watch Netflix Australia and sometimes UK. Has some more content than Thai but Thai is still more than OK. I do find when using a VPN I can watch and record to my phone or tablet, but CANNOT stream to TV or mirroring as the device detects that I'm trying to stream from another geo location. 

Is there any way around using a VPN and say watching Oz TV and then stream to your TV easy?? 

Or can it only be done from PC and HDMI link up to you TV? 

I'd appreciate some advice from someone in the know.. 

If your using the VPN app on your smart phone as soon as you smart link or mirror to you smart tv it won't work because the VPN is making your phone, so to say, invisible, because its hiding behind a vpn. The tv needs to be wired to the device. That's why I bit the bullet amd got a devoted router and flashed the firm ware.  

Archived