True Vison TV is Rubbish: Recommendations for Alternatives Please.

Pilotman

21 hours ago, natway09 said:

True are cheap skates but they have bought the rights for Thailand for the EPL 

The EPL is also getting greedy which is the main reason for the delay in purchasing.

Not sure if being transmitted through BeIn (very good quality) or direct from the EPL.

Anyway, after Facebook reneged on their contract True jumped in & purchased.

They did not take the World Cup Cricket (which I now have a satisfactory feed for) but I hope they take the World Cup Rugby

I hope they take the World Cup Rugby

Does anybody know if they will show the World Cup Rugby?? This is key for me along with the EPL.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, madmen said:

AIS does some great plans, Play box + fast home internet + 4g 10 gig all for 799 baht. Im currently paying 700 baht just for home internet with loxinfo

Im a done deal with AIS

BUT you forget to mention NO history, NO discovery, little sport, very few news channels etc.

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

BUT you forget to mention NO history, NO discovery, little sport, very few news channels etc.

There you go. Forever there is someone saying this is great, that is great blah blah but when you look into it it's really not that great at all, then you have the possible buffering and no HD Pic. It;s why I stick with True Visions.

19 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I hope they take the World Cup Rugby

Does anybody know if they will show the World Cup Rugby?? This is key for me along with the EPL.

I'm just guessing here but I would be surprised if they do. Hope I'm wrong though.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:20 PM, Pilotman said:

How do these things access TV?  I have no idea, but I presume that you need a card, or some other provider to get access? 

you have to have an internet connection

OK, have read all of the posts but still have some simple questions for those that know.

I have 3BB fibre for internet and TrueVisions for TV (I agree Truevisions are a terrible company).

My PC is not near the TV so cannot connect a HDMI cable (want them separate in any case).

From the above an Android Box or Amazon Firestick is needed to get rid of TrueVisions.

Q1. How is the box connected to both the 3BB router and the TV, cable or wifi?

Q2. How are the apps downloaded if not connected to the PC. Do you download them through the TV with a remote?

3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Q2. How are the apps downloaded if not connected to the PC. Do you download them through the TV with a remote?

A1. The Android box is connected to the router in the same way as the True box - using an "Internet" cable ie. one with an RJ-45 plug at both ends

A2. The Android box is connected to the router in the same way as the True box - using an HDMI cable from the box to the television set

19 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

OK, have read all of the posts but still have some simple questions for those that know.

I have 3BB fibre for internet and TrueVisions for TV (I agree Truevisions are a terrible company).

My PC is not near the TV so cannot connect a HDMI cable (want them separate in any case).

From the above an Android Box or Amazon Firestick is needed to get rid of TrueVisions.

How are the apps downloaded if not connected to the PC. Do you download them through the TV with a remote?

The Android boxes will come with PlayStore which has apps you may want to download, it also will have its own browser where you can download an app directly from the internet.

I am keeping True because after the collapse of the Facebook deal to show live EPL matches.

True now have direct broadcast rights like they had previously before sublicensing from BeIn.

Info from premierleague.com and The Nation article 2 weeks ago. 

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I understand but Im paying 700 baht now with loxinfo internet and 399 baht for 4g with limited gigs with AIS monthly

If i switch to an AIS all inclusive I get play box for free and still pay 300 baht less per month for internet and 4g

This for a condo I rent out on air bnb so not to fussed but it suits my needs

Had True years ago, was actually UBC in the old days, had it for the premier league. Does anyone know how I can get the premier league on a paid servcie with True, without having to get the whole setup, is there a app or something?

23 hours ago, vogie said:

How are the apps downloaded if not connected to the PC. Do you download them through the TV with a remote?

The Android boxes will come with PlayStore which has apps you may want to download, it also will have its own browser where you can download an app directly from the internet.

does the TV has to be Android system, my LG is not

Just now, vogie said:

No, your set top box is the Android system. You will need a HDMI socket on your TV, which most have I suppose.

ok, thanks, have that 3 of them will try to hook one up with my friends box to see how it works

No.  The only way to get a AIS Playbox is to subscribe to an AIS internet plan. 

Now there are AISPlay TV packages where you only need the "AISPlay app" to play these packages....no Playbox needed.  The AISPlay app can be downloaded from Google Play and Apple, but at least unless something has changed to download it from Google Play you will need to have a "Thailand" google account since it geo restricted for download....or you could download the AISPlay app from a site like APKPure

With the AISPlay app on your "smartphone/tablet/android box" you can view the hundred of so free-to-air channels for free....but if wanting the premium channels like the HBO channels and various other channels you would need to subscribe for a monthly fee.

Just go to below AIS webpage and notice there are two areas.....one titled AIS Play Package which is where you are using the AISPlay app to view the TV on any smartphone/tablet/android box.  And then another titled AIS "Playbox" Package which is where you need an AIS internet plan and these AIS Playbox Packages include a few more channels and additional stuff that not in the AIS Play Package that will work in any smartphone/tablet/box.  That's why the pricing is different between the AIS Play Packages and AIS Playbox Packages.   

https://www.ais.co.th/play/package.html

I just downloaded the app. I am not an ais customer and although it asked for an ais phone number it did accept my true number to receive an sms to logon for the first time. I can’t see any option to subscribe in the settings menu. Are subscriptions restricted to ais customers only?

3 hours ago, guru said:

I just downloaded the app. I am not an ais customer and although it asked for an ais phone number it did accept my true number to receive an sms to logon for the first time. I can’t see any option to subscribe in the settings menu. Are subscriptions restricted to ais customers only?

As far as I know anyone can signup for an AIS Play "mobile" package on any Thai carrier such as True, DTAC, etc.  Maybe if you go to below link, pick the AIS Play Package your are interested in and then click Apply....it just asks for a mobile number...doesn't say has to be AIS number.

Now keep in mind on above page your have an "AIS Play Packages" and "AIS Playbox Packages."   For the latter you need an AIS Playbox.  If you don't have a Playbox, then select from the AIS Play Packages..

No.  The only way to get a AIS Playbox is to subscribe to an AIS internet plan. 

Now there are AISPlay TV packages where you only need the "AISPlay app" to play these packages....no Playbox needed.  The AISPlay app can be downloaded from Google Play and Apple, but at least unless something has changed to download it from Google Play you will need to have a "Thailand" google account since it geo restricted for download....or you could download the AISPlay app from a site like APKPure

With the AISPlay app on your "smartphone/tablet/android box" you can view the hundred of so free-to-air channels for free....but if wanting the premium channels like the HBO channels and various other channels you would need to subscribe for a monthly fee.

Just go to below AIS webpage and notice there are two areas.....one titled AIS Play Package which is where you are using the AISPlay app to view the TV on any smartphone/tablet/android box.  And then another titled AIS "Playbox" Package which is where you need an AIS internet plan and these AIS Playbox Packages include a few more channels and additional stuff that not in the AIS Play Package that will work in any smartphone/tablet/box.  That's why the pricing is different between the AIS Play Packages and AIS Playbox Packages.   

That’s what I have and I have the full package it’s awesome AIS Playbox is great.

18 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

So I gather I can get two play-box's from AIS for the same price for two TV's? I also gather all the English streams on HBO etc, etc has Thai subtitles?

The first box is included in the basic monthly subscription cost of what TV package you signup for.  You can add up to two more boxes at Bt100 each per month.  So, say you are signed up for the Platinum TV package at Bt599/month....that price also includes one Playbox.    Add a second Playbox and your monthly fee will now be Bt599 + Bt100 for a total of Bt699 (plus 7% VAT).   Add a third Playbox and your monthly fee will be Bt599+Bt100+Bt100 for a total of Bt799 plus VAT.   The Platinum TV package will be playing on each box you have.

Many HBO streams do include Thai subtitles.   

You can also set the preferred audio language to either English or Thai which means if a stream has two sound tracks such as English and Thai it will play/select your preferred audio language automatically...or you can manually switch to the other sound track.   

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

The first box is included in the basic monthly subscription cost of what TV package you signup for.  You can add up to two more boxes at Bt100 each per month.  So, say you are signed up for the Platinum TV package at Bt599/month....that price also includes one Playbox.    Add a second Playbox and your monthly fee will now be Bt599 + Bt100 for a total of Bt699 (plus 7% VAT).   Add a third Playbox and your monthly fee will be Bt599+Bt100+Bt100 for a total of Bt799 plus VAT.   The Platinum TV package will be playing on each box you have.

You can also set the preferred audio language to either English or Thai which means if a stream has two sound tracks such as English and Thai it will play/select your preferred audio language automatically...or you can manually switch to the other sound track.   

What about subtitles? Can you switch them?

Signed up yesterday. Engineer coming tomorrow to install. However, I can't order 2nd and 3rd boxes until installation complete. looks like I'll be getting additional boxes Saturday.

Cancelled True as of next Monday with nothing to pay. Result.

Get a Chromecast from an AIS shop.
Download the AIS Play app on an AIS SIM card and subscribe to sports package 100฿ a month for all 3 Fox Sports channels and Golf channel. You can play the channels on your Chromecast. Better picture than on a cable bow or satellite.

Download TrueID app on True sim card and subscribe to TrueID Unlimited which has all the True channels. Chromecast that to your tv and you’re off.
Would suggest that you wait until True have announced the price of Premier League packages first as they may be cheaper than Unlimited.

All of the sport you requested is covered on these channels.

21 hours ago, Pib said:

Can an extra box be added at a later time or do all boxes need to be included in original contract 

As far as I know anyone can signup for an AIS Play "mobile" package on any Thai carrier such as True, DTAC, etc.  Maybe if you go to below link, pick the AIS Play Package your are interested in and then click Apply....it just asks for a mobile number...doesn't say has to be AIS number.

Now keep in mind on above page your have an "AIS Play Packages" and "AIS Playbox Packages."   For the latter you need an AIS Playbox.  If you don't have a Playbox, then select from the AIS Play Packages..

Thanks Pib will look into it. Looking at True ID tv and AIS Play. AIS can only offer me a max of 50/20 mb/s in my condo otherwise would have gone with them and their playbox. True offer me a max of 200/50 mb/s in my condo so will go with them.

10 minutes ago, guru said:

Thanks Pib will look into it. Looking at True ID tv and AIS Play. AIS can only offer me a max of 50/20 mb/s in my condo otherwise would have gone with them and their playbox. True offer me a max of 200/50 mb/s in my condo so will go with them.

Sounds like your True service is provided via "cable/DOCSIS" (i.e., TV cable) since most buildings, old or new, are wire for TV and phone lines.  Cable/DOCSIS can handle speed up to around 1Gb.    Phone lines can carry DSL internet which is usually limited to around 75Mb speed and I expect that is the only way AIS can service your building since it's probably not wired for fiber optics/allow fiber optics runs...and that's why AIS can only offer you the 50Mb plan.  AIS don't do cable/DOCSIS as that's dated technology.  And I doubt True is installing any new "cable/DOCSIS" trunk lines but installing fiber optics....and at some point in the future replace cable/DOCSIS with fiber.   

Yes that’s spot on. Although True wouldn’t let me opt for any of their packages higher than 200/50 saying that was the max for my condo.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I tried inputting my True number but unfortunately it was rejected saying it must be an AIS number. Went into AIS shop who said only way round this would be to purchase a cheap 50 baht AIS sim. They said they were running a promotion where the 299 baht package would be free for first month and then I would have to top up the sim by 300 baht every month after that with the package fee taken out of the credit. She claimed there is no way to pay by using a bank card.

Archived