True Vison TV is Rubbish: Recommendations for Alternatives Please.

Pilotman

On 6/29/2019 at 5:53 AM, davidst01 said:

You only need netflix. awesome content. so much choice. you will be finding it hard which one to choose as theres so much on offer. only 400 baht a month. go for it. you will never unsubscribe. you will never need another service. highly recommended

Doesn't show the football though!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried inputting my True number but unfortunately it was rejected saying it must be an AIS number. Went into AIS shop who said only way round this would be to purchase a cheap 50 baht AIS sim. They said they were running a promotion where the 299 baht package would be free for first month and then I would have to top up the sim by 300 baht every month after that with the package fee taken out of the credit. She claimed there is no way to pay by using a bank card.
I am using AIS Play app through Android Box and it's working great. But I am AIS mobile customer. What I did was:
I used to be a True Vision customer for many years with a Gold Package. I had 3 True Vision boxes at home (3 TV's, Living room + 2 Bedrooms) so it was costing me a fortune (I think about 3,500b / month without internet!). I am interested only about movies and series, not sport. When True stopped the HBO channels, no more point to keep True (and it was too expensive). I then signup for cable TV (300b/month) but it was crap (bad quality images...). I bought 1 android box for the purpose that time to watch Netflix.
I downloaded the AIS play app on my android box and it was working. I subscribe to one of their package (I think Premium) which was 299/ month with first month free. It worked perfectly. At home, I am using 3BB fiber ( I think 300 Mbps plan). I bought 3 additional android boxes (one per TV) so we are free to watch AIS Play and Netflix anywhere at home.
The great thing also is that I am working in Myanmar and have an android box there too and AIS play is working there through VPN (I am using ExpressVPN).
So it cost me only 300b/ month for AIS package and I thing 350b/ month for Netflix to watch plenty of Channels. Of course, I need to add the cost of the android boxes but this is quite cheap and my 3BB Fiber internet plan.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 7/20/2019 at 10:45 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I've never seen the appeal of Netflix - no sport and no news.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The quality of 4k is so good you can obsess on your favorite actresses's skin complexion or the graphic detail of things blowing up and 5.1 surround sound for gunfights is awesome.  Basically you can take advantage of all that money you spent on a tv and sound system. 

Archived