Not much friendship shown when parking today

Peterhua

Just a heads up to all when parking your motorbike in a popular supermarket car park.

Do not park there for more than 20 minutes (i was 3 minutes over)  if you are spending less than 150baht or you will be, as i was fined by some (i counted 4) rather eager car park attendants who seemed to take great pleasure in making the falang pay.

Not much money and i suppose rules are rules which as was pointed out to me were there, printed on the back of the ticket, (should have read the back of the ticket i know) but got a sour taste in my mouth after this episode and won't be going back there to spend any more money.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even as a sporadic visitor I know that this not new.

The free unchecked parking at Friendship could not go on.

Used by everyone around (market) and so packed that you could hardly find a space in the late morning.

1 minute ago, Peterhua said:

what's the amount got to so with anything?

I suppose the approach is different from one person to another. 

Personally when I do something wrong (by ignorance) and I am fined therefore, I have less problems if the amount is 10 than 1000 Thb. 

But we are all different. 

3 minutes ago, Peterhua said:

what's the amount got to so with anything?

Don't you think that it is an important part of the tale?? 

Otherwise it's like telling that the price of eggs has risen, but not bothering to tell by how much.

Is it that you are too embarrassed to tell?

For instance, if is 10 baht for an hour, I might consider ok to leave the bike there after shopping and pop across to the market for fresh fruit. If it is fifty baht, I'll park on the street.

So if you are going to give us a 'heads up', do it properly.

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

Not much money and i suppose rules are rules which as was pointed out to me were there, printed on the back of the ticket, (should have read the back of the ticket i know) but got a sour taste in my mouth after this episode and won't be going back there to spend any more money.

Did you actually spend any money at all in the supermarket?

1 hour ago, johng said:
2 hours ago, Kenchamp said:
Why don't you shop in the much cleaner and better value supermarket on Pattaya klang. And i believe it' free parking there too.

Are you referring to Foodland ?

Yes. A much nicer shop than the other one.

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

How much was the fine? You've left that out.

He also left out the name of the supermarket!

Ok, I guess it's Friendship supermarket based on the other people's posts.

14 minutes ago, elliss said:

OMG , you could not make that one up , matey . 

We don't know if that is the case, since the OP refuses to reply. Seems that small thing ruined his whole day.

12 hours ago, Peterhua said:

but got a sour taste in my mouth after this episode and won't be going back there to spend any more money.

Good , no point for you to visit anymore so real customers like me can enjoy the free parking.

You are in someone elses country, at a busy parking lot, with a fine for overstay of 5 baht, which is 00.14 Euro, or 00.17 USD, and this bothers you so much? Because they would not bend the rules for you? And you think they took some deep racist pleasure out of extracting 5 baht from you? You should go to the beach today and order a big ridiculous drink with an umbella in it.

Would the OP have posted if there had been only one guard who gave him a deep wai while grovellingly asking Missatah for 5 baht? ???????? 

Sure the guards there are an arrogant bunch (especially compared to the ones at Foodland, who tend to be quite respectful), and I don't like them, but you can keep your dealings with them to a minimum. At the end of the day they're of no consequence.

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

You are in someone elses country, at a busy parking lot, with a fine for overstay of 5 baht, which is 00.14 Euro, or 00.17 USD, and this bothers you so much? Because they would not bend the rules for you? And you think they took some deep racist pleasure out of extracting 5 baht from you? You should go to the beach today and order a big ridiculous drink with an umbella in it.

Was it 5 baht? The OP refuses to tell.

Perhaps someone who next parks there can confirm what is written.

Archived