Not much friendship shown when parking today

Peterhua

I think if the OP actually did some shopping there and was then "fined" by overzelous, gloating car park attendants for either not spending enough or as i read it being 3 minutes over the alloted shopping time, then he has a point. Not that i use that shop very often, but i was unaware of a time/spending limit being in operation there.

As for the amount of fine, i would be very suprised if it was only 5 baht.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Was it 5 baht? The OP refuses to tell.

Perhaps someone who next parks there can confirm what is written.

I think they charge 20 or 40 baht per hour after initial free period.

but if you shop and have your parking ticket stamped , then it’s free

6 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

I think if the OP actually did some shopping there and was then "fined" by overzelous, gloating car park attendants for either not spending enough or as i read it being 3 minutes over the alloted shopping time, then he has a point. Not that i use that shop very often, but i was unaware of a time/spending limit being in operation there.

As for the amount of fine, i would be very suprised if it was only 5 baht.

There is no limit on how much you must spend , as long as your parking ticket is stamped then it’s free. 

It's not a fine but a parking fee if you shop there and get a stamped receipt you get free parking for a more than an adequate time. Problem on a Tuesday and Friday people think they can park for hours why they walk around the market over the road. Tough titty.

17 hours ago, johng said:
17 hours ago, Kenchamp said:
Why don't you shop in the much cleaner and better value supermarket on Pattaya klang. And i believe it' free parking there too.

Are you referring to Foodland ?

I would say Friendship

42 minutes ago, BestB said:

There is no limit on how much you must spend , as long as your parking ticket is stamped then it’s free. 

Exactly the same as its been for more than ten years! 

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Was it 5 baht? The OP refuses to tell.

Perhaps someone who next parks there can confirm what is written.

A one time fee of 5 b , would they really post this, i don’t think so , but a significant amount like 20b would send you over the top, 5555

2 hours ago, BestB said:

I can't be bothered to answer all the idiotic, losers who have nothing better to do than make worthless comments on Thaivisa because their lives are so dull and boring that the highlight of their day is getting pats on the back for stupid comments on forums. But for you..

I did shop in friendship and my items came to about 133baht. During the course of my visit to friendship i bumped into a couple of friends who were sitting outside and we had a good chat. I then went shopping, came out and gave one of the Thais my parking reciept. I then got on my bike and he came over and said i had to pay a parking fee. He told me that i had been parked more than the allowed 20 minutes and that because my till reciept was under 150baht, i would have to pay for parking and that the rules were on the back of the parking reciept. The unsavoury part about it for me was that all of a sudden i was arguing with 4 of them and knowing Thais, things could have turned nasty

So make of it what you will. 

20 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Why don't you shop in the much cleaner and better value supermarket on Pattaya klang. And i believe it' free parking there too.

Yes, Friendship is starting to get as expensive as Villa Market.

You would be better off going to Foodland at Pattaya Klang.

I can't be bothered to answer all the idiotic, losers who have nothing better to do than make worthless comments on Thaivisa because their lives are so dull and boring that the highlight of their day is getting pats on the back for stupid comments on forums. But for you..

I did shop in friendship and my items came to about 133baht. During the course of my visit to friendship i bumped into a couple of friends who were sitting outside and we had a good chat. I then went shopping, came out and gave one of the Thais my parking reciept. I then got on my bike and he came over and said i had to pay a parking fee. He told me that i had been parked more than the allowed 20 minutes and that because my till reciept was under 150baht, i would have to pay for parking and that the rules were on the back of the parking reciept. The unsavoury part about it for me was that all of a sudden i was arguing with 4 of them and knowing Thais, things could have turned nasty

You still never told us how much you had to pay in parking fee, I'm guessing 20 baht.

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

What language did they speak? only ask because security at friendship can not string 2 words in English.

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

I will make a wild guess and say that you weren't actually fined.

I know the Friendship parking lot can also be used by non-customers for a parking fee.

So my guess is that Friendship waives the parking fee if purchases exceed 150 baht, otherwise the parking fee applies.

Am I right?

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

What language did they speak? only ask because security at friendship can not string 2 words in English.

Well I can't judge here,

I am here since 2000 and hardly speaks 2 words Thai. 

Very happy that many Thai's understand my way of speaking English, especially  at Immigration, where most officers speaks better English than I do. 

23 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Well I can't judge here,

I am here since 2000 and hardly speaks 2 words Thai. 

Very happy that many Thai's understand my way of speaking English, especially  at Immigration, where most officers speaks better English than I do. 

That speaks more about you then about them ????

8 hours ago, balo said:
10 hours ago, Peterhua said:

You still never told us how much you had to pay in parking fee, I'm guessing 20 baht.

All this baloney for 20 blaady baht......go fund me chaps for the OP?

3 hours ago, Peterhua said:

You say you cant be bothered to answer !! Then why did you start the thread?

You made yourself look silly by starting something then refusing to answer questions about it.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You say you cant be bothered to answer !! Then why did you start the thread?

You made yourself look silly by starting something then refusing to answer questions about it.

Because the amount is not important but the principle of having to pay was. I repeat. I shopped there but avcordong to the rules, exeeded my 20 minute parking time given while not spwnding enough money. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that if i am reading the situation correctly then i believe the OP had every right to be annoyed at what happened.

Next time i go to that shop i will try to remember to read the back of the parking slip.

Archived