Honda BR-V 2016 up. Feedback?

We are looking at the Honda BR-V and thinking it's a decent motor with the extra space we need and not too big. 

Market place suggests a price range of around 575k baht for a 2016 or newer and I see some advertised with less than 10km on the clock.

I do query why this motor seems to lose value much more than you would expect for a 2-3 year old motor or is the valuation about right? Brand new these are 750-825k.

It is only a 1.5 litre engine could this be a reason?

Amy feedback on the car itself plus any known issues would be good to learn.

Wow that seems pretty cheap, I have ordered the new one which I am waiting for delivery.

i looked at a demonstrator 3 year old it had 30000kms on the clock and the dealership wanted 670,000. The said never been out of Bangkok, I never believed them though.

I have driven two and found them great for space, the fold down seats in the 7 seater, power fine for the size of engine. The engine size is in line with the Expanda and Ertiga. Steering and overall handling quite reassuring. Petrol consumption was also very good.

Good ground clearance too, just remember they are not a 4WD.

Price seems a bargain just the 10kms sounds a bit sus on a three year old maybe they disconnected the speedo, or maybe they need the cash. 

IMHO nothing wrong with BRV,s.

Just now, Brer said:

Wow that seems pretty cheap, I have ordered the new one which I am waiting for delivery.

i looked at a demonstrator 3 year old it had 30000kms on the clock and the dealership wanted 670,000. The said never been out of Bangkok, I never believed them though.

I have driven two and found them great for space, the fold down seats in the 7 seater, power fine for the size of engine. The engine size is in line with the Expanda and Ertiga. Steering and overall handling quite reassuring. Petrol consumption was also very good.

Price seems a bargain just the 10kms sounds a bit sus on a three year old maybe they disconnected the speedo, or maybe they need the cash. 

Fair few of them out there in that SUB 30k miles 600k range.

Chatting to a dealer today who noted they were not as popular but thought highly of them. Exact words were: under rated. Excellent English this guy.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, Brer said:

I wonder what happens to BRV's that venture outside of BKK?

600k for a 2 or 3 year old car that cost 800k new is not out of line with other common cars.     

Had ours for a year now; delighted with it. Handling, room, comfort, can't think of a better car in that range. Wife took a group of 6 others to a funeral 100k away, all impressed - one passenger placed an order for a new one the next week.

COuld be it is impopulair? I was checking for Nissan NP300.

New it cost about 925000 bath. I came upon a 1 year old with less then 10000 km

and it costed 625000 bath! CAnt say anything more about it , but it really dropped in price in just 1 year. I was amazed. Impopulair? no engine? bankruptcy of owner? 

DOnt know, time was to short to go for it. Guess there must be catch or not?

4 hours ago, maybefitz said:

Had ours for a year now; delighted with it. Handling, room, comfort, can't think of a better car in that range. Wife took a group of 6 others to a funeral 100k away, all impressed - one passenger placed an order for a new one the next week.

I agree maybefitz. We have had ours now for 18 months and love it. We take our kids and the neighbours kids to school in it every day, and my wife takes the neighbourhood grandmas to doctor's appointments or to the hot springs and everyone says how comfortable it is.

The battery died this week but otherwise it has been faultless. I don't know why they are not available in Oz though.

How about this one: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/en/car/all-new-xpander

According to a certain newspaper which name we are not allowed to mention, the Xpander are more comfortable at cruising speeds +50k baht cheaper, however the engine in the BR-V is a bit more powerful and can take E85.

I am pretty sure our next vehicle will be a mini SUV, the Ranger is just too big for our use but will wait likely 3-4 years.

I like the brv, I like jazz too but they are just too low a a quick peek under the car confirms it when viewing mahsong (2nd hand) motors.

Just got to see if the Mrs likes it's drive now.

Thanks for feedback although I tend to get feedback from a lot of places.

Am looking at the BR-V , ideal for my needs.
Have had a Jazz for 2 1/2 years and looking to change in 6 months or so, would have another Jazz but fancy a change.

My quandary is :
Don’t really need a 7 seater and the 5 seater would be ideal, would prefer the extra carrying space.
The 5 seater price is more appealing but lacks some of the features of the 7 ( keyless entry, on board computer, stop/start button etc ) which makes the 5 seem very basic .

A 5 seater with everything except pertaining to 7 seats ( adjusted price obviously ) would be ideal for me, decisions, decisions.

Don’t suppose the extra seats are easily removed and fit when required ?? Seems like they should be anchored securely and not designed for removal at will ??

How big is the carrying space with them folded ?

On 7/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

COuld be it is impopulair? I was checking for Nissan NP300.

New it cost about 925000 bath. I came upon a 1 year old with less then 10000 km

and it costed 625000 bath! CAnt say anything more about it , but it really dropped in price in just 1 year. I was amazed. Impopulair? no engine? bankruptcy of owner? 

DOnt know, time was to short to go for it. Guess there must be catch or not?

Or big crash /repaired

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:29 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Am looking at the BR-V , ideal for my needs.
Have had a Jazz for 2 1/2 years and looking to change in 6 months or so, would have another Jazz but fancy a change.

My quandary is :
Don’t really need a 7 seater and the 5 seater would be ideal, would prefer the extra carrying space.
The 5 seater price is more appealing but lacks some of the features of the 7 ( keyless entry, on board computer, stop/start button etc ) which makes the 5 seem very basic .

A 5 seater with everything except pertaining to 7 seats ( adjusted price obviously ) would be ideal for me, decisions, decisions.

Don’t suppose the extra seats are easily removed and fit when required ?? Seems like they should be anchored securely and not designed for removal at will ??

How big is the carrying space with them folded ?

I have started looking at both Jazz and BR-V. It will be my first ever car purchase. Like you I like the 5 seater BR-V and have no need for 7 seats. I just think that it may be overkill in terms of space.  My wife favors this, while I am leaning towards a Jazz. She seems to understand that the BR-V has better clearance than the Jazz (something I will have to check out). The idea is to start driving in BKK, but once I retire and we move upcountry, it will be needed for much longer trips.  

I have started looking at both Jazz and BR-V. It will be my first ever car purchase. Like you I like the 5 seater BR-V and have no need for 7 seats. I just think that it may be overkill in terms of space.  My wife favors this, while I am leaning towards a Jazz. She seems to understand that the BR-V has better clearance than the Jazz (something I will have to check out). The idea is to start driving in BKK, but once I retire and we move upcountry, it will be needed for much longer trips.  

The Jazz carrying space is excellent for its size , with the seats folded I’ve abused its generous loading capacity many times.
I live in Ayutthaya and the Jazz has taken south to Chumphon and north to the Golden Triangle with zero problems.
I’ve sort of gone off the BR-V a little bit, mainly because of the lack of an intermediate version , 5 seats and fully loaded would fulfill my requirements . But, although I like the shape from the front and the side I was behind one the other day and couldn’t help noticing how ugly it is from behind !!

I have been using zigwheels.co.uk for comparison of cars in my budget and it’s surprising how many 7 seater cars are available now yet I think only the BR-V has a 5 seater version.

My search continues but I have to say that the Jazz takes some beating ( IMHO ) ,the current version is exactly the same as what I have now and I really want to have something different.

( if you want a well cared for 2 1/2 years old Jazz pm me [emoji51] ).

The jazz is simply too low.

It's also too small.

Not a family car at all. We are a small 2.1 family and when we go away we need more space than a jazz. I like the jazz the jazzed up versions but I don't compare the need to why we need the BRV. I like the rear of the BRV. I wish the 6th and 7th seats were only accessible by the boot though and facing backwards.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:29 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

My quandary is :

Have you looked at the Toyota Sienta, the third row seat stores under the second row giving you the space until you need them. They come up and then slide back, an ingenious design.

image.png.1604c82f44b7f731ab3380e3b5a0b293.png

10 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

The jazz is simply too low.

It's also too small.

Not a family car at all. We are a small 2.1 family and when we go away we need more space than a jazz. I like the jazz the jazzed up versions but I don't compare the need to why we need the BRV. I like the rear of the BRV. I wish the 6th and 7th seats were only accessible by the boot though and facing backwards.

I have heard the same complaint about the Jazz being too low. So it is a concern. But surely if this has been an issue since its introduction, wouldn't they have done something about it? Or is this more a problem with the Thai roads and not encountered in most other countries where the Jazz is sold?

BTW in my case there will only be 2 people in the car at any one time (90%) of the time, but I do need a reasonable amount of space for bicycle, rowing machine, etc. I do not wish to go with a pick-up.   

On 7/16/2019 at 12:47 PM, GarryP said:

I have heard the same complaint about the Jazz being too low. So it is a concern. But surely if this has been an issue since its introduction, wouldn't they have done something about it? Or is this more a problem with the Thai roads and not encountered in most other countries where the Jazz is sold?

BTW in my case there will only be 2 people in the car at any one time (90%) of the time, but I do need a reasonable amount of space for bicycle, rowing machine, etc. I do not wish to go with a pick-up.   

I always look at Jazz and they all just look too low. No idea about other countries but I always have a peek under the front of a used jazz in a dealer and twice a sales man has guessed my concern. Big scratches on the under body. 

I like the jazz I just don't compare it with a br-v which seems to have a lot more space and much more suitable for us.

Sienta, now that is a ugly rear.

7 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

I always look at Jazz and they all just look too low. No idea about other countries but I always have a peek under the front of a used jazz in a dealer and twice a sales man has guessed my concern. Big scratches on the under body. 

I like the jazz I just don't compare it with a br-v which seems to have a lot more space and much more suitable for us.

The other day I sat in a Civic and there is clearly a problem with leg room. At the highest setting of the steering wheel my legs were just about touching the steering wheel. My legs are quite long. Also the seating position was not good, especially if I will be driving long distances. I would probably end up walking around like Quasimodo for a few hours after a long drive.

The seating position in the Jazz was much better, much more room for my legs under the steering wheel and more head room.  However, I am also concerned about road clearance. I will be mainly driving in Bangkok for a few years so probably no real problems there, but will be moving up country in less than 4 years so am worried about the state of the roads upcountry and the impact on the underside of the car. 

Took one look at a black Mobilio and said no. It looked like a hearse. 

Like another poster, I would be interested in the BR-V if the specs for the 5 seater were the same as the 7 seater (except the number of seats). I have no need for a 7 seater, but the specs are better. 

8 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

The 2015 Jazz had 5.30 inches ground clearance, the 2019 has 6.5 inches, so although they look low they ain't...

• 4 months later...

Archived