Video: Porsche driver slaps waitress and waiter - gets away with 10,000 baht compensation

rooster59

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There was a disagreement over the cost of a buffet and seating arrangements. The staff politely explained that the family members could not sit together as they had paid different prices for buffet menus.

I don't understand the meaning of this rule, if you don't eat the same thing you can't sit together ...

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Another case of a super rich guy making a big deal over a couple of hundred baht. That was the real issue here. He was too cheap to pay the higher amount, and was offended that his group was split up, due to his "kee know mak mak" nature. 

The so called "hi so" here, are mostly deplorables. Most are really despicable characters, with no heart or soul. It is actually a misnomer. Due to their cash they are given status. But, most are not even close to being high society, or what one might refer to as blue blood in the US. Most are simply fortunate people who have either made a fortune, or inherited alot of money. Not necessarily any class, distinction, higher education, or experience overseas. Few were the recipients of good parenting, and we witness just arrogance, hubris, ignorance and a feeling of superiority over the masses due to cash, and only cash.

One would hope this insect gets some sort of punishment, or at least a public shaming over this. We all know the police will not do anything, as men like him are protected by the authorities and the army. Selective enforcement is the nature of the toy police. And the army is here to protect men like him, with every ounce of their beings. 

In spite of wanting it to be so, there are few "blue bloods" in the USA, money does not make you a blue blood, that comes from the aristocratic birth line, most from displaced European bloodlines.

Most of the "inherited money" money in the US came from either the old robber barons, railway barons, bootleggers (ie the Kennedys) or shonky land merchants. Pretty similar to Thailand in some respects

The guy probably thinks he’d a “worldly” man by driving an expensive import car but little does he know most well traveled metropolitan people would understand this  common rule at buffets that offer more than one option. He must be a real arrogant A—

30 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Cheapskate! Buffets are for Chinese tourist.

The ShangriLa used to do seafood buffets , maybe they still do. Mainly the haunt of reasonably well heeled Euros and Americans

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Yes but the staff would have had to agree to accept the 5000. This scum bought his way out of trouble - try doing that in farangland.

In Europe he would get done for assault AND bribery to pervert the course of justice.

yes, it's absolutely possible to overdo it.

4 hours ago, petemoss said:

Absolutely the reason I avoid Hi So Thais like the plague. Arrogant, self entitled pricks. It's not surprising that they have these traits as the vast majority are of Chinese descent. Give me a down-to-earth Issan farmer any day.

Unfortunately, you speak the truth.

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The Dudley Massif are wusses.

You should have suggested a trip to the Tipton Posse.

Agree ...Tipton is scary and also is heading towards the depths of Sandwell as a Dudley /Gornal boy they dont speak our language

4 hours ago, petemoss said:

Exactly. I regularly eat out in a great moo kata restaurant near my home with family and friends. It has the same split price/split seating. To suit everyone we all pay and sit in the upper priced area. Usually i.r.o. 10 of us but still only a few hundred baht extra.

Because you are rational people, who have common sense. Whereas this worm has a fortune, and minces over a couple of hundred baht, then gets irate, because their policy dictates that those who pay less, sit in a different area. If he were not such a pathological cheapskate, he would have had his entire group together. Let us shame him, in whatever way possible, for as long as we can. His name should be mentioned, so we have the capacity to do so.

28 minutes ago, poohy said:

Agree ...Tipton is scary and also is heading towards the depths of Sandwell as a Dudley /Gornal boy they dont speak our language

as a Dudley /Gornal boy

Upper or Lower?

I'm actually a Yam-Yam but I have been to Tipton enough times (for the Pie Factory).

The place is also famous for the legendary Mr. Bull (MBE).

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, how do you think that our slap happy chappy would get on if he tried that stunt in Handsworth or Winson Green? :cheesy:

33 minutes ago, Benmart said:
58 minutes ago, geisha said:

While I agree that this man should have a heavier payback, court/ bigger compensation, the idea of different price buffets where a family can’t share the same table is ridiculous ! Have never heard anything like it. How unprofessional to do this, did they never think that a couple, for example, might choose different menus ? Some restaurants do children’s menus, which is very fair considering the child’s appetite.Some small kids eat free. Some people  do have stupid ideas.

The point is an assault, not the buffet and seating arrangements. You are indeed clueless.

he absolutely did not say he condoned the assault in any way shape or form. simply commented on what some can perceive as sub stellar ideas by the restaurant, a component of the story.

clueless?   who?

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

The compensation he paid now would probably be higher than the one for the assault charge.

That may be true but the assault charge would carry the 'criminal' element whereas the compensation probably doesn't.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Cheapskate! Buffets are for Chinese tourist.

I believe the hassle was more over seating than the cost of the buffet, which sounds very strange to me. 

Is it a higher price affords you a better seat?

Me and the wife are heading out for a buffet tonight. Man I hope some Hi-So puke slaps a waitress in front of me. I'd be reaching alright, but for the puke not my phone to video it.

High-so wannabe prat! 

He should have been convicted of ABH. (actual bodily harm)

Thainess. The best travellers, big spenders, very humble and polite people... Cough!

Or more like lawless, violent, aggressive, impatient, rude and racist.

Paradise..

If you're rich enough to drive a Porsche, you should be rich enough to pay 495 baht for each family member, instead of discussing the difference of 3 x 136 baht, and seating together.

If you can't afford that, and want to be seated together, then all just eat same "cheap" menu set.

3 x 136 baht, equaling 408 baht, is by the way a lot cheaper than 10,000 baht...:whistling:

Where I live in Thailand, some buffet restaurants have two different buffet sets – for example with, or without, extended sea food selection – and different seating, as it otherwise is impossible for the staff to control what are taken by whom. I don't enjoy seafood, but when with friends dining seafood, I just pay the little higher price for my non-seafood buffet, so we can enjoy the meal together. Yes, I loose some money on my food, but I gain many fold more on the company...????

5 minutes ago, Cereal said:

I believe the hassle was more over seating than the cost of the buffet

I'm not sure:

There was a disagreement over the cost of a buffet and seating arrangements. The staff politely explained that the family members could not sit together as they had paid different prices for buffet menus.

If I'm wrong, why couldn't the "Rich Porsche Man" pay the extra few hundred baht for his family members, so the could sit together?

Nobody deserves physical assault whilst working in a restaurant. If they get Thb 35 an hour they are lucky. Not paid to put up with people like that, and they don't make the rules. Happy they got a windfall from it.

42 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

as a Dudley /Gornal boy

Upper or Lower?

I'm actually a Yam-Yam but I have been to Tipton enough times (for the Pie Factory).

The place is also famous for the legendary Mr. Bull (MBE).

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, how do you think that our slap happy chappy would get on if he tried that stunt in Handsworth or Winson Green? :cheesy:

Lower Gornal boy mate so definitely a Yam- Yam

I have been to the Pie factory in the past and a great respect for Mr Bull "Bully"

in closing both locations mentioned would provide a lively robust but short lived response should he wish to visit

Archived