Video: Porsche driver slaps waitress and waiter - gets away with 10,000 baht compensation

rooster59

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, khunPer said:

If you're rich enough to drive a Porsche, you should be rich enough to pay 495 baht for each family member, instead of discussing the difference of 3 x 136 baht, and seating together.

If you can't afford that, and want to be seated together, then all just eat same "cheap" menu set.

3 x 136 baht, equaling 408 baht, is by the way a lot cheaper than 10,000 baht...:whistling:

Where I live in Thailand, some buffet restaurants have two different buffet sets – for example with, or without, extended sea food selection – and different seating, as it otherwise is impossible for the staff to control what are taken by whom. I don't enjoy seafood, but when with friends dining seafood, I just pay the little higher price for my non-seafood buffet, so we can enjoy the meal together. Yes, I loose some money on my food, but I gain many fold more on the company...????

been to buffets where those who pay for seafood are given armbands and only they are allowed to grab seafood but at the table they could share it with others that did not pay for seafood. seems little trust of each other in society.

i have had to deal with completely illogical rules and conditions and behaviors in thailand but the thought of hitting or slapping them never occurred, that is because i realize it will accomplish nothing nor will it turn irrational thinking into rational logical thinking, for that would require electro convulsive shock therapy.

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

He is probably same to his family. Bet he was the one eating expensive and let the other insignificant ones eat the cheap buffét.

Rich, no! By my standard rich is not lying in the car you drive or the amount of money you have in your pocket. Rich means intelligent and a well behaved and sofisticated human beeing. This is a very poor piece of trash.

rich
having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy.
  1. "every day the gap between the rich and the poor widens"
    synonyms:

wealthyaffluentmoneyed, cash rich, well off, well-to-do, with deep pockets, prosperousopulentsubstantialpropertiedM

I agree with your sentiments entirely by the way, but unfortunately it is what it is!

As another poster points out, in the West/UK he wouldn't be allowed to buy his way out of it - that's why it rarely happens (in public!) 

5 hours ago, RobboR said:

So he slapped two people for effectively 300 baht!

Vile creature of a man.

Not a very good idea to have separate buffets with different prices in the same restaurant. Add to that you can only sit in the seating designated to your buffet.

It's bound to cause issues but the way he reacted is appalling.

Why didn't he just upgrade the other members to the 495 baht buffet?? Cheap bastard

That is how he got his Porsche.................

5 hours ago, petemoss said:

Exactly. I regularly eat out in a great moo kata restaurant near my home with family and friends. It has the same split price/split seating. To suit everyone we all pay and sit in the upper priced area. Usually i.r.o. 10 of us but still only a few hundred baht extra.

What is moo kata?

5 minutes ago, Puccini said:

What is moo kata?

It's a type of Korean barbeque. Very popular with Thais who even claim to have invented it. Can do it at home with a Thai barbecue and a moo kata ring, both available at any local Thai market. A very social way of eating. The food supplied is raw and you cook the food yourself at the table, or rather the women do. The men sit round with bottles of whiskey bought at the 7/11 and get hammered. My favourite kind of eating out.

12 minutes ago, petemoss said:

It's a type of Korean barbeque. Very popular with Thais who even claim to have invented it. Can do it at home with a Thai barbecue and a moo kata ring, both available at any local Thai market. A very social way of eating. The food supplied is raw and you cook the food yourself at the table, or rather the women do. The men sit round with bottles of whiskey bought at the 7/11 and get hammered. My favourite kind of eating out.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Yes but the staff would have had to agree to accept the 5000. This scum bought his way out of trouble - try doing that in farangland.

In Europe he would get done for assault AND bribery to pervert the course of justice.

There is no justice in Thailand, perpetrators of violence get away with paying a paltry fine & escape any court conviction.

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

What a disgusting piece of,  should have been charged with assault and slapping a young defenseless girl.  The guy is pure vomit.  What is it with thais who have a few baht and think they are superior 

That's the problem mate, they really do believe that because they've got some money, a posh car, etc that they are above and beyond any rules and laws and that the plebs must always bow to their will with a grovel.

Compensation paid but no charge for assault. It still amazes me that just by coughing a few baht you can avoid the law. Well, some people can. Come the revolution against the so-called amart. Madame Guillotine is waiting for you.????

A pity the male waiters didn't get together and beat the crap out of this scum.....he hit the waitress pretty hard, poor girl. 

I know somebody who was a bit of an <deleted> in England. He came out one morning and somebody had poured sulphuric acid all over his car......of course he wondered why? The car wasn't a pretty sight.

People are missing one big point here: This HiSo Wannabe Jerk slapped a woman!! I know it's somewhat normal here in bizarro-land but in most any normal country a man hitting a woman is completely unacceptable. 

Aside from assault charges being filed, he would have likely had his a$$ kicked by others, had he done this in the States.

Please, please name this guy so he can be shamed publicly. 

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

What a disgusting piece of,  should have been charged with assault and slapping a young defenseless girl.  The guy is pure vomit.  What is it with thais who have a few baht and think they are superior 

Oh come on.. Get off your high horse. It's no different than foreigners who have a few $$$ and treat Thais/Asians like they're uneducated servants.

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Should have been charged with assault, banned from entering the mall for life.

Also have to pay compensation and named 

Agreed............the guy got slapped twice BTW. 

19 minutes ago, bkk75 said:

Oh come on.. Get off your high horse. It's no different than foreigners who have a few $$$ and treat Thais/Asians like they're uneducated servants.

....and as a rule do those foreigners you refer to go about slapping the locals - not in this day & age anyway. I think he lost more face than he realises.

1 hour ago, sambum said:
rich
having a great deal of money or assets; wealthy.
  1. "every day the gap between the rich and the poor widens"
    synonyms:

wealthyaffluentmoneyed, cash rich, well off, well-to-do, with deep pockets, prosperousopulentsubstantialpropertiedM

I agree with your sentiments entirely by the way, but unfortunately it is what it is!

As another poster points out, in the West/UK he wouldn't be allowed to buy his way out of it - that's why it rarely happens (in public!) 

Oh! Thanks for the clarification. You did read that it was my opinion by my standards. I am very well aware of the dictionary meaning of the words. ????????

But anyway, also agree with you and the other posters opinions.

Archived