anyone using Nord vpn? express vpn is expensive

davidst01

ExpressVPN are outstanding. You won't think them 'expensive' if you get hacked etc. I'd advise 'think again'. ExpressVPN uses a strong 256-bit AES encryption and has a super strict 'no logging' policy with 3000 servers.

Good luck anyway.

4 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

We use NordVPN at the office router and its been very reliable for a few years now. All the usual bells AES 256 encryption 5000+ servers no logging bla bla bla.

Switched to NordVPN just three weeks ago (from crappy cheap PureVPN).

3 year subscription for only 3 USD/month.

All I can say is that it is faster and offers what I need.

I am far from having tried all the features they offer (like "onion").

And as already written: all bells and whistles (no log, AES 256 xxxx servers ...).

6 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Can nord be used for ITV and BBc player?

NORD works OK 99% of the time on the BBC iPlayer.  Occasionally it doesn't and you maybe have to wait an hour before it does.  Seems to work 100% streaming Pandora from the USA.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

ExpressVPN are outstanding. You won't think them 'expensive' if you get hacked etc. I'd advise 'think again'. ExpressVPN uses a strong 256-bit AES encryption and has a super strict 'no logging' policy with 3000 servers.

Good luck anyway.

but why pay 3 times the price for express vpn when Nord vpn is same service and 1/3 the price

My Cyber Ghost VPN subscription is up for renewal next month so I have been trying out the Opera browser that as a free VPN and up to now I am quite impressed, I may stick to Opera and save some money.

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

I selected "Dedicated IP" from "United Kingdom" and currently it works for BBC iPlayer. Can't tell for ITV, too much effort to fake register another service just for test :smile:

EDIT: short lived. Gone.

... got me another dedicated IP and it works again.

Seems like you have to play the cat and mouse game yourself?

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

but why pay 3 times the price for express vpn when Nord vpn is same service and 1/3 the price

I got Express for $99 for 15 months. Not expensive and always works, BBC, ITV, Ch4 etc.

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

No VPN service can avoid geo restriction completely but some update with fresh IP addresses more quickly than others. There is only a limited number of IP's available and sites like the BBC are already using a fair use policy on individual IP's and also looking at only accepting blocks of IP's used by UK ISP's. 

I have been using NordVPN for 4 years now, very reliable.
Sometimes BBC iPlayer wont work, then you just need to select another UK server. There's hundreds of them so you will always find one that works.

I just switched from Nord VPN to Express VPN precisely because Nord was useless on my most recent trip to Thailand. I don't think the difference in price is that much, especially if you pay for 2-3 years at a time.

Express VPN is not more expensive. Maybe just don´t have the offers at the same times like Nord VPN. I have used Express VPN for 4 years and bought my last 3 year contract for measly 2,99 USD per month. Then you always have to consider that Express VPN stands two step higher on the ladder of function and quality. Only that is a reason to pay that small extra buck. 

On 7/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

I switched from Express to NordVPN and I am happy with it.

I bought a subscription for 3 years for less than 100$ and you can use it on 6 devices. 

I've bought Nord VPN via ebay for a few hundred baht and it's up to the seller when the service stops.

When you're doing that,you'll receive a password and username of another account. If you never change it, you can have a superb VPN for almost nothing. Please check ebay. 

The deal was two years for three devices. 

On 7/8/2019 at 2:59 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Not something I'd recommend. 

If you really want to have something that works well, go for Kasperksy Internet security, buy a key, or three online from ebay and then add Nord VPN and it's still much cheaper than buying it from the company. 

Archived