Krabi patients experience "side effects" of medical marijuana

rooster59

Krabi patients experience "side effects" of medical marijuana

By The Nation

Many medical marijuana users have developed side effects such as nausea, vomiting and hallucination, the Krabi Public Health Office revealed Friday.

Thailand has legalised medical marijuana in response to findings that is helpful to patients of many diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s.

Between February and May, marijuana users were offered amnesty and encouraged to come forward and be registered as legal users of the substance for medical reasons. 

The office’s deputy chief Pinyo Tarangkon said 158 medical-marijuana users had registered with the authiority in the southern province of Krabi.

“I’ve received reports that most users did not consult doctors and have developed side-effects,” Pinyo said.

He advised patients to seek advice from pharmacists and Thai traditional doctors with special training on how to use medical marijuana.

“Although extracts from marijuana can ease pain, they may not be suitable for some patients,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30371953

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-29

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Many medical marijuana users have developed side effects such as nausea, vomiting and hallucination, the Krabi Public Health Office revealed Friday.

Perhaps they have taken too much, everything must be used with the right quantities! Take ten aspirins and you'll also get nausea, vomiting and even hallucinations!
The absolute value of marijuana is undisputed!

Because the cannabis extract what is now available is dangerous homemade crap.
They use pesticide laced brick weed from Laos and no proper extraction method with non-food ethanol, methanol or even naphta.
No label or information about the strength on it.
I would never trust it or buy this $hit.

36 minutes ago, 30la said:

Perhaps they have taken too much, everything must be used with the right quantities! Take ten aspirins and you'll also get nausea, vomiting and even hallucinations!
The absolute value of marijuana is undisputed!

I disagree. In fact I dispute that. These poor buggers are stoned. Prob not your regular potheads.

56 minutes ago, CLW said:

They use pesticide laced brick weed from Laos and no proper extraction method with non-food ethanol, methanol or even naphta.

Thats poor quality street weed. This can be hallucinogenic as it contains other enzyms then THC i think. Ridiculous I thought they import from US or grow locally

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I think they are trying to keep people from using it or whoever is making it is doing a poor job, using harmful chemicals and who knows how they're growing it. I've never vomited or had hallucinations, maybe some nausea once or twice out of hundreds of times. 

No shit! Do they really mean that an addictive drug can have side effects? No shit! Theese gigantically intellectual and intelligent person wasn´t born yesterday.

They start to give out medical marijuana, done by people without experience, provided by people that already live in the dream. After that you have Mr and Mrs Smith as users that overdose the medicine as far as five times the intake.

Nausea, vomiting and hallucination? I would say they got away easy. It´s like a perfect repipe to make a person feel like a cow and mooohing wild in the streets.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No shit! Do they really mean that an addictive drug can have side effects? No shit! Theese gigantically intellectual and intelligent person wasn´t born yesterday.

They start to give out medical marijuana, done by people without experience, provided by people that already live in the dream. After that you have Mr and Mrs Smith as users that overdose the medicine as far as five times the intake.

Nausea, vomiting and hallucination? I would say they got away easy. It´s like a perfect repipe to make a person feel like a cow and mooohing wild in the streets.

Absolute drivel. 

3 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Absolute drivel. 

So, you are saying that an addictive drug can not have side effects if it is overdosed?

I believe you are the one standing for the presentation of what you just defined as drivel.

What genus of cannabis is being used?

what is the extraction method?

what is the medium that the CBD is suspended in.?

?

how many are reported (definitive numbers) reporting side effects?

how many prescriptions have been issued?

is the product under any scrutiny for quality control?

is the medicine being taken as prescribed ?

These questions need to be addressed, and monitored.

If not answered then where is the evidence to backup this claim?

What genus of cannabis is being used?
what is the extraction method?
what is the medium that the CBD is suspended in.?
?
how many are reported (definitive numbers) reporting side effects?
how many prescriptions have been issued?
is the product under any scrutiny for quality control?
is the medicine being taken as prescribed ?

These questions need to be addressed, and monitored.
If not answered then where is the evidence to backup this claim?

Right now you on the grey market you buy a black bottle with inside what the seller tells you.
No label, certificate etc.
Highly dangerous imo

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Right now you on the grey market you buy a black bottle with inside what the seller tells you.
No label, certificate etc.
Highly dangerous imo

So who knows what it is, or the potency or efficacy .

Buyer beware

Marijuana has limited medical use, IMO. The who things was to push for decriminalization was turn it into a medicine and force the government to allow it.

Marijuana has lots of side effects like alcohol, but users just don't notice them because they are enjoying being high.

negative-side-effects-of-marijuana.jpg

13 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Marijuana has limited medical use, IMO. The who things was to push for decriminalization was turn it into a medicine and force the government to allow it.

Marijuana has lots of side effects like alcohol, but users just don't notice them because they are enjoying being high.

You may actually gain some knowledge before sprouting uniformed rubbish

Try this for your first lesson before gradating to some actual science.

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/recreational-medical-cannabis/

19 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

You may actually gain some knowledge before sprouting uniformed rubbish

Try this for your first lesson before gradating to some actual science.

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/recreational-medical-cannabis/

Actual science from a pot propaganda page. Ya so weed is helpful to some  people for a few conditions; it is no wonder drug, it is not cure, it alleviates some symptoms that is all.

Sure if you are addicted to any drug you might think it is magical medicine. The Irish think Guinness Beer is health. Indians in south America claim coca leaves are healthy. Opium was thought to cure various things, in the 60's and 70's people thought cocaine was harmless etc.

Weed is no wonder drug, it has lots of side effects. While it is good that people are not criminalized as much anymore. Healthy people should not think it is a beneficial drug to use, especially every day.

If you smoke weed everyday you are addicted and soon you will have many of the side effect listed above. Confusion, memory lose, paranoia, is it really worth it? Sure if you have cancer or MS it might be helpful, but get real man, it's a drug that gets you high, that is all.

People who think pot relaxes them or helps them sleep are addicts. They need pot to relax or sleep. Addict in denial.

17 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Actual science from a pot propaganda page. Ya so weed is helpful to some  people for a few conditions; it is no wonder drug, it is not cure, it alleviates some symptoms that is all.

Sure if you are addicted to any drug you might think it is magical medicine. The Irish think Guinness Beer is health. Indians in south America claim coca leaves are healthy. Opium was thought to cure various things, in the 60's and 70's people thought cocaine was harmless etc.

Weed is no wonder drug, it has lots of side effects. While it is good that people are not criminalized as much anymore. Healthy people should not think it is a beneficial drug to use, especially every day.

If you smoke weed everyday you are addicted and soon you will have many of the side effect listed above. Confusion, memory lose, paranoia, is it really worth it? Sure if you have cancer or MS it might be helpful, but get real man, it's a drug that gets you high, that is all.

People who think pot relaxes them or helps them sleep are addicts. They need pot to relax or sleep. Addict in denial.

I guess your an american they are always behind about drugs. I am from the Netherlands with extensive experience of weed. I can tell you your sprouting rubbish.

Sure paranoia can happen if your susceptible to it else it wont happen. Weed has been used in my country and by me for quite some time never had any problems its all a matter of how much and how often. Alcohol for instance is far more damaging but that is not something people like to talk about.

No need to get lung problems if you vape it or do edibles (lot or propaganda in your post are you sure you don't want to link to reefer madness as the definite work on weed).

The problem with eating was a problem for me (and a good thing for cancer patients and so on) It was bad for my diet but for some eating more is good (aids patients / cancer patients).

One negative effect i did notice was lack of mood the next day if i took a lot (far less of course as how i would feel after a session of heavy drinking). 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:16 PM, CLW said:

From what I've read the Thai government has set up a system of locals that grow organic cannabis that under goes testing to insure purity. They originally thought they could use pot that had been seized by the police, but that prove to be the stuff you described, full of chemicals. The government wants to get in at the bottom of the market with a purity approved product for export and has no need or desire to destroy a potential market.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 12:34 AM, Matzzon said:

So, you are saying that an addictive drug can not have side effects if it is overdosed?

I believe you are the one standing for the presentation of what you just defined as drivel.

Non addictive drugs also cause side effects if you overdose. Take 10 paracetamol and see how you feel. 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Relevans? When did I say the opposite?

The relevance is that all drugs Inc medicines have negative side effects if used improperly and Marijuana as an "addictive drug" should not be singled out for criticism when this is true for all drugs.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, Don Chance said:

I am sure if you you changed the header to '11 negative side effects of getting married". 90% of the married male population would nod  in agreement. 

And I think for balance you should have included 11 positive effects as well. Although the link to to journal of neuroscience which is embedded in the wiki leaf link was very positive in its appraisal of the value of medical Marijuana. 

True, then let this drug go through all the tests and manipulations that are made for all other drugs, so they can minimise the side effects.

Not just use your comment as a reason to legalize it to grow in your own gardens and be smoked free by everyone.

Nobody use medicin like that, and that was the drugs you tried to talk about, right?

Archived