Refused treatment at BK Pattaya Hospital

Crazycrawler

Anyone experience the same treatment? I was required to have a full dental x-ray and was advised that Bangkok Pattaya Hospital could offer this service. As a previous dental patient I was placed into the system. The nurse approached me for a blood pressure test which I refused as the only service I required was a simple "OPG" x-ray which involves sitting on a chair and having your jaw line x-rayed. I was then approached by the cashier who advised me if I refuse the blood Pressure test then they will not do the x-ray..........since when do you have to have a BPT for an x-ray. I guess the 300 bhat they charge was a real stickler for them...... Total bill they wanted 1,349 Bhat.... Pattaya International Hospital Soi 4 did the X-ray without the ludicrous request of a blood pressure test for a mere 800 Bhat.  Greed from a so called reputable organization

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have admin change the title of the post.  He was not denied treatment. He refused treatment. Simple as that. Not going to last long in the LOS with a temper like that.

BP probably was high.

I did not know that we there are so many experts at thaivisa who know about the mandatory medical procedures. Which safety reasons? is making a dental x-ray a life threatening procedure?  None of them call into question whether it is a mandatory requirement or simple a unnecessary money making addition. The patient should have the right to reject what he believes is not necessary signing a in declaration if required. BH is known for their high medical bills...I do not use the services of this hospital anymore...

31 minutes ago, orchis said:

that's a regular way of doing things; vital stats first.

HUH? never with my western dentists did they take my blood pressure first. And for an x ray? other than a cash grab there is zero need for it...TIT

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

HUH? never with my western dentists did they take my blood pressure first. And for an x ray? other than a cash grab there is zero need for it...TIT

Like i said, hospitals have different rules. 

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

Frankly, I quite like having my BP checked at regular intervals, just makes sense to monitor it over time, so I welcome the test if I ever have reason to go to hospital or a clinic.  

I bought a machine years ago , not expensive and check it regularly at home. Could be years between hospital visits .

I see a dentist at Phyathai hospital in Si Racha. They always take my BP there also. It's just part of what they do for the hospital fee. They also provide a translator.

Anyone who doesnt want to have his BP taken when seeing a dentist (or to pay for it) can always just go to a dentist that doesnt work in a hospital.

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

I bought a machine years ago , not expensive and check it regularly at home. Could be years between hospital visits .

I have one too and check each week,lbut its okay to get a conformation occasionally too. 

1 minute ago, Kim J said:

I really fail to see why people use this establishment. You can get equally good medical care for much less without all the scams that go on. I would literally need to be dying on their doorstep before I would go there for treatment of any kind.

Agreed, a place of last resort as far as I am concerned.

Having once been ripped off 600% for what turned out to be indigestion pills I don't consider them as an option.

1 minute ago, doctormann said:

Agreed, a place of last resort as far as I am concerned.

Having once been ripped off 600% for what turned out to be indigestion pills I don't consider them as an option.

It's been common knowledge that hospital pharmacies overcharge. I ask the doctor to write a script for me that i can take to Fascino on the corner. Not hard.

1 hour ago, Crazycrawler said:

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

Why go to a private hospital that will charge you to the maximum while in the public hospital of the city you will also have good doctors, as many medical materials and a bill can be ten times lower?

I call that stretching the stick to get beaten 

Seems very senseless.

I encourage them to check my blood pressure.  

What if a person had a stroke while sitting in the hospital then haters would ask: why didn't they check it?

Geez, grow up and be happy they are doing it.

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Seems very senseless.

I encourage them to check my blood pressure.  

What is a person had a stroke while sitting in the hospital then haters would ask: why didn't they check it?

Geez, grow up and be happy they are doing it.

I check my BP every day at home, dentist doesn't need to do it for me.

Archived