Redmi Note 7

To celebrate my 12 minute retirement extension trip and the money I saved not having moving to some god forsaken spot on the globe I bought me a new phone.  Redmi Note 7.  Love it.  Fast, great big display, 128G memory and dual sim, 4000 mAh battery, quick charging, Snapdragon 660.  I was using two phones and forwarding the calls and messages from one to the mobile that I carry but now with the dual sims don't have to do that.  Says it has a 48 mp camera but I find that hard to believe but it is a beautiful shade of iridescent blue.  I keep it in the middle of the house and I can hear it all over.  Bluetooth 5.0 and the range is no better than the 4. which I had kinda figured.  So I still have to slip it in my pocket when I walk the dog.  I was thinking about a Galaxy S10+ but it's 4 times the price.  So if I drop this one I'm not gonna cry.  

red.jpg

The RN-7 is really a great phone for the money. The rear camera of the RN-7 is essentially a 12 mp that is somehow interpolated into into what they claim is effectively 48 mp.

Check out "G-Cam"  It's a sideload that significantly improves the standard camera in certain situations, especially low light.

Tons of RN-7 vids on YT.

Noticed AIS was selling the RN-7 4/64 for B4999. Great price but the deal probably requires one year AIS contract.

You got yourself a really good phone. We have the 5 and the 7. I can't imagine what people are getting from their top end phones, but I don't believe they are having a 4 times better experience. And it's nice to get a new one every 2 years or so. At this price it is painless.

24 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You got yourself a really good phone. We have the 5 and the 7. I can't imagine what people are getting from their top end phones, but I don't believe they are having a 4 times better experience. And it's nice to get a new one every 2 years or so. At this price it is painless.

Display not amoled and no NFC but looks fine to me.  I used my Samsung Note 4 seems like forever.  Nothing wrong with it just got bored.  

3 minutes ago, gaviny said:

I have the same experience , but with a Note 6 Pro , in August last year my Galaxy Note 5 died so I bought the 6 at about AUD$350 as a temporary measure , however nearly 1 year on and I'm still using it because it does all I want at a third of the price.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I guess it's so cheap because the Chinese want to take over the market in India and I almost bought a Redmi Note 7 pro from India but changed my mind as I don't know if it is supported in Thailand.  

2 minutes ago, gaviny said:

True mate , on a different matter ,just wondering if you can help me, I just got back to Thailand and checkedy my Ais Sim and it's valid till Sept 2019, so what happens if I subscribed to a 6 month plan, does it extend to end of my plan ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Call 1175 and ask.  They have so many plans I would hesitate to comment.  

• 2 weeks later...

The case that came with the phone does not protect the back camera lens so I bought one at Lazada.  Good protection but the side buttons are made a bit stiff.  I figured out how to tap on the lock screen twice to open it and the phone recognizes my face and opens in a second - no danger as the banking apps and anything I want secure are only accessible with my fingerprint.  I can turn it off by a long press and when placed in a pocket automatically goes to lock screen.  It is really has been a good buy.   

7 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Bluetooth 5 has much better range than 4 but both items need to have it, ie Bluetooth 5 on phone and headphones.

I have bluetooth 5 on my phone and my Jabra elite 65t and my Bluedio headphones.  No better range that Blue tooth 4.2.  If you had tried it you would know.  

20 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I have bluetooth 5 on my phone and my Jabra elite 65t and my Bluedio headphones.  No better range that Blue tooth 4.2.  If you had tried it you would know.  

Now Now no need to get arsey...

The specs of Bluetooth 5 say they have a range 4 times better than Bluetooth 4.2 which is slightly better than you statement Bluetooth 5.0 and the range is no better than the 4. which I had kinda figured

But of course Ill give you a pass as if you would of read the specs of BT5 you would have known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

For the record I have tried it, so I do know ????

7 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Now Now no need to get arsey...

The specs of Bluetooth 5 say they have a range 4 times better than Bluetooth 4.2 which is slightly better than you statement Bluetooth 5.0 and the range is no better than the 4. which I had kinda figured

But of course Ill give you a pass as if you would of read the specs of BT5 you would have known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

For the record I have tried it, so I do know ????

They lied.  It's no better than Bluetooth 4.2.  It depends more on the receiver.  My Plantronics Voyager 5200-Bluetooth 4.2 if far better than both my head sets (expensive Jabra Elite and Bluedio).  Like I said you must not have tried Bluetooth 5.0 before commenting on it.  

16 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

They lied.  It's no better than Bluetooth 4.2.  It depends more on the receiver.  My Plantronics Voyager 5200-Bluetooth 4.2 if far better than both my head sets (expensive Jabra Elite and Bluedio).  Like I said you must not have tried Bluetooth 5.0 before commenting on it.  

Yes the Bluetooth standards lied and you are right not them....

I already told you I tried them i can verify that range is much better and going through walls is also much improvd without drop..

Now please go troll somebody else.

1 minute ago, 2008bangkok said:

Yes the Bluetooth standards lied and you are right not them....

I already told you I tried them i can verify that range is much better and going through walls is also much improvd without drop..

Now please go troll somebody else.

Your post is unclear.  You tried bluetooth 5.0 and found it better than bluetooth 4.2?  Assuming you are talking about bluetooth 5.0 what did you try it with and how much greater is the range?  Because I don't believe you.  

A person who does not agree with you is not a troll.  

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Your post is unclear.  You tried bluetooth 5.0 and found it better than bluetooth 4.2?  Assuming you are talking about bluetooth 5.0 what did you try it with and how much greater is the range?  Because I don't believe you.  

A person who does not agree with you is not a troll.  

I think a pattern is emerging here, The Bluetooth standards are lying, you don't believe me..

Maybe your POS Redmi 7 is the problem which lets be honest is cheap chinese crap.

End of conv for me.. Good luck

16 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

I think a pattern is emerging here, The Bluetooth standards are lying, you don't believe me..

Maybe your POS Redmi 7 is the problem which lets be honest is cheap chinese crap.

End of conv for me.. Good luck

So you didn't actually try bluetooth 5.0.  You can just admit that instead of flaming me.  I have a Redmi Note 7, Samsung S 7, Huawei MediaPad M5, 2 Galaxy Note 4's, Asus laptop and a Dell work station.  Sony Android TV.  The Redmi Note 7 is more for the bucks than any of the others.  I assume you don't have a Redmi note 7 so your impression of it is a fabrication too.    

If anyone has actually tried bluetooth 5.0 vs 4.2 I'd love a comparison.  Feel free to post but I don't really need reviews on the net as opposed to real experience.  It's like trying to get Thai history on line - fantasy.   

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

So you didn't actually try bluetooth 5.0.  You can just admit that instead of flaming me. 

Please re read post 16 and 18. Why you asking people for advice then accuse them of lying. It is you who flaming pal.

Archived