Non OA Visa Medical Certificate

There has been some debate if the Thai consulate abroad ie the UK, will accept a medical cetificate obtained in Thailand for their Non OA application. It seems official now that they will accept one from Thailand, this will save a great deal of hastle for people as the certificate to be signed off in Thailand is easy. I quote from the UK website.

• A medical certificate issued in the UK or Ireland or Thailand, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis, and the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.
  • Like 2

Good info, I personally used a Thai medical certificate when applying for my OA almost 3 years ago at London Thai Embassy, only heard of one other person who did this.

Apart from the ease of obtaining it, a local hospital filled and signed it for me in under an hour, it was also very cheap , 360 baht ( £8 back then ).

Together with the strong rumour ( from TVF Member Spambot ) that health insurance will not become mandatory in July the OA is now back on my list of things to bring back from the uk on my visit in September !!

• Like 2

When you use a Thai medical certificate fo you also use a Thai Police report or Thai Medical certificate along with a home country police report also works? I don't have problem getting police report in the US (for free) and doctor's report is also relatively easy for me but it will require an appointment and last year insurance paid for the physical exams (ACA mandate of yearly physical exams for all health insurances in the USA) for the doc's report. 

Edited by onera1961

When you use a Thai medical certificate fo you also use a Thai Police report or Thai Medical certificate along with a home country police report also works? I don't have problem getting police report in the US (for free) and doctor's report is also relatively easy for me but it will require an appointment and last year insurance paid for the physical exams (ACA mandate of yearly physical exams for all health insurances in the USA) for the doc's report. 

Police report in your home country.

9 hours ago, jimn said:

There has been some debate if the Thai consulate abroad ie the UK, will accept a medical cetificate obtained in Thailand for their Non OA application. It seems official now that they will accept one from Thailand, this will save a great deal of hastle for people as the certificate to be signed off in Thailand is easy.

They will accept one from Thailand, I used one two months ago. 

Very important, make sure you print off the correct version of the medical form. There's a different (but very similar looking) version that is often used for the work permit here that doesn't include stage 3 syphilis on the list, and this one will not be accepted by the UK embassy.

I tried at 4 or 5 small clinics until I found one that could do me the certificate on the same day. Most were quoting around 400 baht or so including a blood test - all the places I asked insisted on this. When I questioned why it was necessary, they said it's because of the syphilis test, and that if I wanted wanted the abridged version of the form they'd sign and stamp it without a blood test, but if I wanted the version with syphilis listed they'd definitely need the test doing. After the nurse took a vial of my blood, she disappeared into the back, returning two minutes later with a negative test result and the form stamped and signed by a doctor, setting an impressive new record in the field of serology!

I would guess that the majority of forms signed by clinics locally are for work permits, so be careful not to get the version with this list:

1561840329474.jpg

Edited by lamyai3

5 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

I just reread the medical certificate and noticed it list "alcoholism" as an exclusionary disease. This could invalidate some visas for the bar stool philosophers. 

There seem to be a few versions of the medical certificate with identical wording other than the list of medical conditions. The photo I attached shows drug addiction and alcoholism separately but doesn't mention syphilis, ubonjoe's attachment (which is acceptable to the embassies) excludes alcoholism but includes syphilis, and there's another version with a list of six that includes both alcoholism and syphilis. As long as syphilis is on the list the embassy will be fine. 

• Like 1