14 people injured after bus carrying Chinese tourists overturns in Chiang Mai

rooster59

14 people injured after bus carrying Chinese tourists overturns in Chiang Mai

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2My83ODE5MTM0L25ld3MwNi0xLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

Fourteen people were injured when a bus carrying Chinese tourists overturned in Doi Saket, Chiang Mai on Saturday afternoon.

The injured were rushed to Doi Saket hospital, where the conditions of three of the passengers were described as serious.

Pol. Col. Pongpeera Karadket, chief of Doi Saket police station, said the bus overturned on a sharp curve on the highway just before 3.45pm on Saturday.

The bus had been travelling from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. 

According to Sanook, the location where the accident took place is known locally as “the curve of a hundred corpses” due to the large amount of accidents that take place there.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

According to Sanook, the location where the accident took place is known locally as “the curve of a hundred corpses” due to the large amount of accidents that take place there.

And it will be the curve of 1,000 corpses if the idiots driving past don't start to understand that a little extra care is required when navigating accident "black-spots."

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Pol. Col. Pongpeera Karadket, chief of Doi Saket police station, said the bus overturned on a sharp curve on the highway just before 3.45pm on Saturday.

What sharp curve I don't see it in this photo ?

7 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

And it will be the curve of 1,000 corpses if the idiots driving past don't start to understand that a little extra care is required when navigating accident "black-spots."

The trouble is that the only black spots these people seem to know about are the ones the had on their face as a teenager.

A two lane road and drivers often overtake on the wrong side of the road

The coach driver may have swerved to avoid and wrong side of the road overtaking car coming towards him  

I was there on Friday and saw a head on crash

5 minutes ago, DonDoRondo said:

Yesterday, once again, I saw a large tourist bus weaving in and out of traffic as though

he was riding a scooter.  Frequently observe this kind of driving, especially on Hwy 121.

I live on 121 between 1006 and 118, and over the past 10 years it has become a nightmare, especially now with all the damn construction.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

the location where the accident took place is known locally as “the curve of a hundred corpses” due to the large amount of accidents that take place there.

Should be named "the curve of a thousand retards" due to that so many fools don´t understand to brake before the curve.

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

What sharp curve I don't see it in this photo ?

Anything that is not dead straight is a curve to most Thais. Holding the steering wheel correctly is not taught to them and also when you have to have a usable brain in order to use the steering wheel correctly is where the Thais are seriously lacking.

18 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2My83ODE5MTM0L25ld3MwNi0xLmpwZw==.jpg

Looking at the photo, the bus traveling downhill,  possibly crossed the uphill lane and momentum carried it across  into the ditch. I am surprised there were no other vehicles involved.

look at the scrape marks in the foreground.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

And the number increases as nothing is done or learnt.

I've driven this bend a hundred times or more and it's no worse than several others in the country; just needs to be thought of as a danger and driven properly and with a little more caution than many others.    Unfortunately the Thai drivers thought process is lacking and together with the usual problems, like constantly driving with two fingers or one thumb on the steering wheel, misuse of gearbox and braking,( particularly with air brakes), judging speed and distance and general awareness of other road users, we can expect a lot more of the same !

These accidents with means of transport for people, is becoming a daily thing, and still no one doing something!
Wake up, do something!
Here the driver was probably going too fast, or maybe problems with the brakes? Drunk? Under drugs? Or maybe he just fell asleep!

Archived