14 people injured after bus carrying Chinese tourists overturns in Chiang Mai

rooster59

1 minute ago, LawrenceN said:

Love the branch lying on the shoulder behind the cop. That'll warn them! Would a professional police have orange triangles or warning lights out?

Is a professional police officer similar to a World Class Standard Officer? The only triangle in Thailand seems to be the one that's well known for poppy production. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Love the branch lying on the shoulder behind the cop. That'll warn them! Would a professional police have orange triangles or warning lights out?

These branches are great for motorcycle riders............when you see them, it's already too late. 

7 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Love the branch lying on the shoulder behind the cop. That'll warn them!

Actually they do warn them, as Thai motorists are very aware of branches on the road. The problem is that they should put them 75-100 meters further back, not at the scene of the accident.

30 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Every police station has a branch manager. This one just did his job.

49 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Is a professional police officer similar to a World Class Standard Officer? The only triangle in Thailand seems to be the one that's well known for poppy production. 

and the pink triangle that most men come to Thailand for. ????

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2My83ODE5MTM0L25ld3MwNi0xLmpwZw==.jpg

Looking at the photo, the bus traveling downhill,  possibly crossed the uphill lane and momentum carried it across  into the ditch. I am surprised there were no other vehicles involved.

It would have been going uphill on the way to Chiangrai and obviously way to fast for the bend and lost the rear end.

6 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

It would have been going uphill on the way to Chiangrai and obviously way to fast for the bend and lost the rear end.

I don't buy this. He must have been doing 150+ km/h (minimum) to lose the rear end at this 'sharp' bend.

Thais do not need a curve to have accidents. I live on a long straight road, and in five years there have been something like 20 accidents within 300 metres of my house that have involved cars and lorries and motorcycles, with deaths, amputations and other serious injuries. Too many Thais simply can't drive no matter where they are and no matter what the circumstances. They are just not wired for it.

4 hours ago, 30la said:
These accidents with means of transport for people, is becoming a daily thing, and still no one doing something!

Indeed.

I doublechecked the date before clicking on this story - thought at first it was one I'd read a few days ago and a few days before that one.

Really they could just reprint this story every few days, just change the location of the accident.

I wonder if the numerous accidents both sea and land that the Chinese tourist suffer are reported in China, as there is no free press there. I also wonder if the many Chinese tourists will be covered for compensation by the bus and ferry companies insurance?

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Should be named "the curve of a thousand retards" due to that so many fools don´t understand to brake before the curve.

Braking often not required  just removing foot  from the accelerator is enough but watch any Thai driver and its gas brake gas brake.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Hellrow this is Chinese consulate. Press 1 for passport replacement. Press 2 for Thai bus accident."    

Press 3 for Thai boat accident

Press 4 for Thai zipline accident

Press 5 for Thai taxi scam

Press 6 for disputed Thai karaoke bar bill

Press 7 for Thai smog-related health issues

Press 8 for latest Thai visa changes, updated three times daily

Press 9 for all of the above

I feel sorry for the passengers and hope that all of them get well and recover from their injuries.

As for the accident and the discussion here, this is normal life here, why is everyone so upset?

UPDATE:

Injured Chinese tourists in Thailand's Chiang Mai to leave hospital

Source: Xinhua

BANGKOK, July 2 (Xinhua) -- The Consulate General of China in Thailand's Chiang Mai said on Tuesday that three injured Chinese tourists are to leave hospital Tuesday and go back to China after being treated.

The Consulate General said that Vice Consul-General Pan Jin visited the injured and their families on Tuesday at Chiang Mai's Lanna Hospital and thanked hospital staff for taking good care of the Chinese tourists.

She also asked Thai authorities to investigate the cause of the accident.

The injured tourists also thanked the Chinese Consulate General, Governor of Chiang Mai province Supachai Iamsuwan and other Thai officials for visiting them.

A bus carrying 14 people, including 12 Chinese tourists from Guangzhou overturned in Chiang Mai province on June 29, injuring four Chinese tourists. Among the injured, one was only slightly injured and the other three were hospitalized on that day.

Source: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-07/02/c_138192416.htm

-- XINHUA 2019-07-02

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Consulate General said that Vice Consul-General Pan Jin visited the injured and their families

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

She also asked Thai authorities to investigate the cause of the accident.

"We know reason. 'Curve of Ghosts'. We place bets, who live, who die." 

Archived