Immigration encourages smartness

Rimmer

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Ah good, I know that one: none whatsoever, both can be thrown out any time without a second thought.

I got a 1 year extension.  The next time I will go to the Immigration office and communicate with an Immigration officer is in 12 months.  I feel relatively secure that I will do nothing to get me kicked out of the country so I'm going to buy a new pair of cargo shorts at Camel Active which I will wear at the mall but not next year at the Immigration office.   

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you feel uncomfortable with long pants, long sleeve shirt, shoes, don't wear them. 

I personally don't feel uncomfortable with it, neither with a short, short sleeve shirt and sandals. 

I just make a distinction what to wear, where. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

I got a 1 year extension.  The next time I will go to the Immigration office and communicate with an Immigration officer is in 12 months.  I feel relatively secure that I will do nothing to get me kicked out of the country so I'm going to buy a new pair of cargo shorts at Camel Active which I will wear at the mall but not next year at the Immigration office.   

Avoiding the immigration as much as possible is indeed a good strategy. Online 90d reports, when they happen to work, decrease the torture a bit. I won't have to visit until 2024, luckily, and by then I should be long gone.

In the meanwhile I shall be going commando in my beach shorts with no shirt. Enjoy your penguin acts at the parole office y'all!

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Ah good, I know that one: none whatsoever, both can be thrown out any time without a second thought.

Perhaps you should read the following thread as it's all about the differences between a Non O visa and a tourist visa and why this fellow is in detention in Phuket now.  Perhaps you should not act like an expert as anyone with any experience in Thailand knows there is a world of difference between a tourist visa and other types of visas.  

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Perhaps you should read the following thread as it's all about the differences between a Non O visa and a tourist visa and why this fellow is in detention in Phuket now.  Perhaps you should not act like an expert as anyone with any experience in Thailand knows there is a world of difference between a tourist visa and other types of visas.  

I've been in on TR, PE, Non-Imm O and Non-Imm F. Each and every one results in a temporary stay stamp in the passport. That's all that matters: temporary. Anything else is just a rose by another name. 

55 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I've been in on TR, PE, Non-Imm O and Non-Imm F. Each and every one results in a temporary stay stamp in the passport. That's all that matters: temporary. Anything else is just a rose by another name. 

Everything in life is temporary.  A tourist visa is temporary for 30 or 60 or a few days.  A long stay visa is for a year or more - O-A you get 2 years.  I've been in Thailand for 20 years that's a long stay and not a tourist.   I think you are more the tourist type so it is understandable you would judge everyone by yourself.  

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Everything in life is temporary.  A tourist visa is temporary for 30 or 60 or a few days.  A long stay visa is for a year or more - O-A you get 2 years.  I've been in Thailand for 20 years that's a long stay and not a tourist.   I think you are more the tourist type so it is understandable you would judge everyone by yourself.  

There's a thing called Permanent Residency. Only three tiers exist, Temporary, PR and Citizen. Anything else around it is just window dressing created by Thais for their amusement.

19 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Methinks this is the only acceptable attire for proper amount of respect towards our parole officers:

Very apt, the only thing missing is "spaceage" for ones ribbons and decorations, show our hosts we are like them in our love of bling!

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

Very apt, the only thing missing is "spaceage" for ones ribbons and decorations, show our hosts we are like them in our love of bling!

Ah yes the fruit salad. The veritable army of ex-SAS in Pattaya can pin those on.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

There's a thing called Permanent Residency. Only three tiers exist, Temporary, PR and Citizen. Anything else around it is just window dressing created by Thais for their amusement.

I nor Thai Immigration agrees with your arbitrary three option idea.

Tourist Visa. This is a 60-day Tourist Visa to Thailand that can either be a multiple or single entry and can be extended for up to another 30 days by means of a visa run. ...

Non-Immigrant Visa. ...

One Year Non-Immigrant Visa. ...

Marriage Visa and Retirement Visa. ...

Business Visa. ...

Permanent Resident Visa.

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I nor Thai Immigration agrees with your arbitrary three option idea.

Tourist Visa. This is a 60-day Tourist Visa to Thailand that can either be a multiple or single entry and can be extended for up to another 30 days by means of a visa run. ...

Non-Immigrant Visa. ...

One Year Non-Immigrant Visa. ...

Marriage Visa and Retirement Visa. ...

Business Visa. ...

Permanent Resident Visa.

Temporary: http://thailawforum.com/database1/immigration-law-mejesty-5.html , Chapter 4

Permanent: http://thailawforum.com/database1/immigration-law-mejesty-6.html , Chapter 5

Citizen:  https://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/thailand-nationality-act.html

Feel free to locate any visa or extension rules there. They are governed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Police, not by laws, and can be changed any time they wish to do so. Hence, window dressing. But if it helps you to sleep better at night, up to you.

44 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They are governed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Police, not by laws, and can be changed any time they wish to do so. Hence, window dressing. But if it helps you to sleep better at night, up to you.

Wrong. The Thai Immigration law is listed below.  

http://thailawforum.com/database1/immigration-law-mejesty.html

On 6/30/2019 at 3:36 PM, Vacuum said:

But normally not in Immi offices.

Edit:  just noticed that this was concerning Pattaya Immi.

its actually Chonburi Immigration....well I think it is....no am wrong it is called Pattaya Immigration Office... SORRY...

13 minutes ago, essox essox said:

they are NOT LONG shorts ARE they NOT trousers???

No, there are shorts which are mid thigh, knee length, and mid calf

The trousers which come to mid ankle, depending on fashion

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

well I wear TROUSERS....

To make sure the immigration doesn't deport you because of the apparent 2" lacking in the leg fabric length, I propose you take the display of respect for the parole officers to the proper level they deserve:

s-l300.jpg

Obviously, we should respect those rules. But, honestly, I don't see anything wrong with wearing shorts (for either gender), unless they are ULTRA SHORT (even those are fine with me but I can understand the Immigration people not being happy about them). Dirty clothes and foul smell, for instance, should definitely be NO-NO's, but I don't see any problem with shorts or even flip flops.

I mean, it's not a job interview or anything like that. Most of us go to that office to extend our holiday stay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 4:58 PM, Mitkof Island said:

The odds of a positive outcome are stacked against you. Hardly a day goes by where you do not hear of another horror story. Ever wonder why so many foreigners commit suicide in Thailand and there is a very high rate of alcoholism ? Its called making bad choices. In my opinion foreigners here are just being lazy or going after the lowest possible outcome. it rarely ever ends well. But that is another subject.

The way you talk - DID you live for approx 2K yrs ago?
Sounds from you that you are MUCH better than all others...

On 6/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, marcusarelus said:

Wore long pants and white shirt and spent 12 minutes getting retirement extension.  No one asked me to come back and show anything.  

Well, at my last extension, i wore my very usual T-shirt and shorts / sandals.
Exactly 7 min. from entering Immi at Soi 5 Jomtien, until i was out the door...

9 minutes ago, pellets said:

The way you talk - DID you live for approx 2K yrs ago?
Sounds from you that you are MUCH better than all others...

No surprise and if there was some kind of flaw in your application wearing a tuxedo would have been as useful as a hole in your head. 

Archived