Jump to content

Immigration encourages smartness


Rimmer

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

Everyone laughs at me but I have been saying this for years.

 

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

 

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

You're wrong. You can dress casual at JOMTIEN and you will have no problem if your application is in order. You can dress in a tux and have problems if it isn't. 

Perhaps this sign reflects a real change in their dress policy there, but I seriously doubt it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Everyone laughs at me but I have been saying this for years.

 

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

 

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

Stylish well pressed shorts, ironed shirt, quality shoes. Smart casual

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You're wrong. You can dress casual at JOMTIEN and you will have no problem if your application is in order. You can dress in a tux and have problems if it isn't. 

Perhaps this sign reflects a real change in their dress policy there, but I seriously doubt it. 

No i am not wrong. What do you think this story is about. wake up everybody.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree we got some scruffy falangs about, often with over exposed helpers from a nearby beer bar, I also get a sense of self importance and ego from those telling others how to dress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Stylish well pressed shorts, ironed shirt, quality shoes. Smart casual

 

Thai don't do smart casual. Shorts and tee shirts are for poor people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Stylish well pressed shorts, ironed shirt, quality shoes. Smart casual

 

If the "most urgent" leaked Thai edict to civil servants is too be believed lean heavily towards yellow for the next 6 months

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Dressing well does NOT fix a flawed application. SORRY!

Sorry you are wrong. I never said that it fixes a application. I said it makes a difference and it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Sorry you are wrong. I never said that it fixes a application. I said it makes a difference and it does.

You're wasting your time. You can wear shorts at Jomtien and if your application is in order you will get approved. Go ahead and waste your time but don't suggest others NEED to when they don't.

Now if someone is dressed horribly they will probably be screened at the door anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Stylish well pressed shorts, ironed shirt, quality shoes. Smart casual

Thai don't do smart casual. Shorts and tee shirts are for poor people.

I'm not Thai

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...