Immigration encourages smartness

Rimmer

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Scandalous, she goes to the beach in a bikini!

Better than swimming full gear with clothes, it's a hygenic no no and forbidden in pretty much every western pool for a reason.

You guys should stop being stuck in medival age, it's 2019, even in Thailand.

Not walking down main street Thailand half naked with your boobs hanging out.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont most people just dress for the occasion? I've worn a shirt and trousers to immigration when renewing an extension but I'll wager that some of my tee shirts cost more than their entire uniforms, complete with plastic shoes. Ultimately,wear what makes you happy.

And I object vehemently to being lumped into a large melting pot imagined by some members here that all expats are down and outs, if you cannot provide proof you are spouting BS, and 1 photo of a holiday maker in a bikini talking to a BiB with no back story is crap, they are on holiday not expats. So halt de klapper as they say.

I was sent home to change from Samui DLT when applying for a license 7 years ago. Dress shorts were not allowed and they would not issue the license unless dressed to their standard. I have taken that to be Government Office policy ever since.

But shoes! How many Thais wear shoes (outside of the city/office workers)?

Now can we see the internal signs telling staff not to play with phones on duty, stop sending people out for drinks by the dozen, stop having food wrappers and containers in the office and get back to work at the appointed time, not half an hour later !

30 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Now can we see the internal signs telling staff not to play with phones on duty, stop sending people out for drinks by the dozen, stop having food wrappers and containers in the office and get back to work at the appointed time, not half an hour later !

I have never waited more then 10 minutes for any type of service there.  All 90 day less then a minute.

So, as far as I am concerned they can keep doing what they do I have no complaints about their efficiency or work efforts.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Everyone laughs at me but I have been saying this for years.

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

100 percent agree I do the same.

Going there especially for an extension is one of the most important things you will do here.

It is a business appointment and I feel a representation not only of yourself but your country.

The unkempt stinking disrespectful filth that come in their should be kicked out...

Theres no explanation as to why immigration encourages theiir interpretation of smartness, surely its not the age old thing called Thai respect because if that is the case the staff at Jomtein should show some towards their customers...I seldom find them dutiful unless its in return for money or personal gain.

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
50 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:
If they are super baggie yet your fat gut still hangs over the front I would say yes.

Who wears trousers in Thailand anyway? just old men really

Any Thai government employee, any Thai bank employee, any polite Thai person when going to an event of any importance, any teacher, any adult doing anything of any importance.  

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So they want us to dress up to hear them not following the rules, no respect to them

Yep, they're probably now expecting their punters to show up as cool as cucumbers wearing dicky-bow ties and tuxedo jackets immediately after spending all morning rushing about in what turned out to be a vain attempt to comply with said rules!

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Because most foreigners have the "I don,t give a S%#T what the Thais think" attitude and then wonder why they have problems everywhere they go.

Darn! You´re totally rocking today. Great post!

1 hour ago, madmen said:

No way am I wearing long pants in Pattaya. The only place its to be encouraged is in court on a felony charge so its smart casual for me and I may reconsider when IO's reconsider corruption

Or when they tell you to go home and change and and you suddenly understand that what you consider doesn´t count in their eyes. Then you will nicely put on your long pants in Pattaya and smile to the officer while they once again consider your extension. 

Archived