Immigration encourages smartness

Rimmer

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I know that this Pattaya centric, but for your info, my friend reports to Korat immigration, they have a rule that no shorts, T shirts or flip flops are allowed, Tailored or Polo shirts and long trousers and proper shoes only.

I have previously presented myself at Jomtien wearing tailored shorts and a Polo shirt or tailored shirt, now I will dig out my long trousers and dress as they request, no big deal really, and yes there are some scruffy buggers that get in there, some look as though they haven't showered for a week or had a shave and perleees the guys of 60 + with Grey hair, ponytails & earrings, sheesh.   

2 minutes ago, champers said:

I'm saving up for a set of Marks and Spencers undercrackers from Central Festival. 

I always wear Calvin Klein. And they are not fake. Thais know the difference.

Its a freak show with foreigners on the streets , at the borders and Immigration. Seen this at the borders and immigration more than once. And then they wonder why they are treated badly. dress for success . how much effort does that take? dress like a sloppy pig and expect no respect from the locals.

12509204_10156409120755594_7715272718078757026_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Most expats here look like tramps, so good luck with that.

I totally agree and the foreign women are no better. They often look like they crawled out of a dumpster or girly bar.

3 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Most expats here look like tramps, so good luck with that.

You might look like a tramp (after all your location states Rayong) so why lump yourself in with the great unwashed ? Or are you not an expat or are you a HiSo expat, you send confusing messages sunshine.

10 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Its a freak show with foreigners on the streets , at the borders and Immigration. Seen this at the borders and immigration more than once. And then they wonder why they are treated badly. dress for success . how much effort does that take? dress like a sloppy pig and expect no respect from the locals.

12509204_10156409120755594_7715272718078757026_n.jpg

Offensive on so many levels. No pride or self respect

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You might look like a tramp (after all your location states Rayong) so why lump yourself in with the great unwashed ? Or are you not an expat or are you a HiSo expat, you send confusing messages sunshine.

What exactly are you confused about? I am an expat but I dress smartly, unlike the vast majority. Clear now?

39 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Everyone laughs at me but I have been saying this for years.

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

Given the legend that you are NCC they should be affording you you're own private entrance and air conned office to do the formalities ..  

32 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Thai don't do smart casual. Shorts and tee shirts are for poor people.

Utter nonsense. Of course you can still look smart in shorts and a t-shirt, have you seen how much smart t shirts and shorts cost? Multi millionaires all over the world wear shorts and t shirts in summer months. Clearly you are the old fashioned type.

4 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

What exactly are you confused about? I am an expat but I dress smartly, unlike the vast majority. Clear now?

So when you state " Most expats look like tramps" what percentage would that be?, just concerned that you lump anyone you don't know into this bracket or is it just another empty reply with no substance ? Do you have proof of your statement ? No, I thought not, you need to be careful walking around with your nose in the air (snobbish) you tend to bump into lampposts and tread in dogsh!te 🤣

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Offensive on so many levels. No pride or self respect

I see foreigners like this everywhere. One nationality wins the prize for men and another for women. I have see foreign women here showing more skin than the Thai P's . And then they wonder why are the Thai men following them.

12718321_653178284819928_5538980525826276516_n.jpg

Archived