Jump to content

Immigration encourages smartness


Rimmer

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Any chance of a video showing you intimidating the Burmese?

Will there be a full length film Marcusarelus Dangerous starring Nicolas Cage?
 

It would probably be a hit with the Thais, knowing how the lop-sided education system has indoctrinated them to hate the Burmese from when they invaded Siam centuries ago.

I was thinking of a statue. I'll enclose a photo below of my outfit and staff to guide you when you next go to Immigration.  You can see me with my cane raised above my head.  

me.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Nowisee said:

If Thailand wants to grow and develop into a cross cultural country they have to adapt and show equal respect to other cultures.   

I am willing to view it from a distance and not disrespect it, but I am not interested in getting involved with it.   

Why would Thailand want to grow into a cross cultural country?  Everything the from the education system to the popular TV shows emphasize maintaining Thai culture and denigrating other cultures.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The civil servants serving my perpetual tourist arse should wear their uniforms and go yes sir right away sir oui bwana. Ugh.

They're servants of the State, not your personal servants

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I was thinking of a statue. I'll enclose a photo below of my outfit and staff to guide you when you next go to Immigration.  You can see me with my cane raised above my head.  

me.jpg

No wonder you were first in the queue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:
14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The civil servants serving my perpetual tourist arse should wear their uniforms and go yes sir right away sir oui bwana. Ugh.

They're servants of the State, not your personal servants

So that's where I've been going wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Indeed I see many Thais wearing shorts in both places.

At immigration, tax, land and transport offices, including Pattaya/Jomtien, I see MOST Thais wearing long pants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why would Thailand want to grow into a cross cultural country?  Everything the from the education system to the popular TV shows emphasize maintaining Thai culture and denigrating other cultures.  

Thailand will be a developing country (third world) until the end of time.  Seldom do Thais lucky enough to move to a western country ever return to Thailand to live, and they aren't burdened with nonsensical 90 day reporting, TM forms, and repetitive yearly treks to an ever increasing restrictive immigration office.  Thais just can't say what they think without reprisals or have decent career choices to look forward to.  

 

I suspect in the near future, due to political instability, life for most Thais are going to become more difficult and for westerners who didn't leave, unbearable.  Even your connection at immigration won't be able to help you.

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

At immigration, tax, land and transport offices, including Pattaya/Jomtien, I see MOST Thais wearing long pants.

Great. As long as only most and not all of them do, I wont feel at all unusual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Just as long as you put some on.

Remember there is a law stating you must be wearing underwear when you're outside.

Not sure if immigration may start checking on that one though.

 

I like the ladies to have easy access so i will be a law breaker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Nope.  1.  I entered on a long stay visa for the purpose of retirement.  2.  I entered Thailand and was checked by Thai Immigration to make sure I was not a low life.  3.  I go to an Immigration office once a year to make sure I'm not a low life and am allowed to retire here one more year.  4.  I don't have to pay tea money because I wear long pants and white shirt to Immigration office (my opinion). I spent 12 minutes total at Immigration last year.  😀  The first time I came to Thailand I worked for and with the Thai army and was not a tourist.  

That "long stay visa" is just a temporary permit with the same rules as the visa waiver tourist coming to Thailand for the first time. Don't kid yourself, it's the long term tourist permit no matter how the Thais sugar coat it.

 

I'm interested in that low life test they do. Did they check the fabric on your suit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
That "long stay visa" is just a temporary permit with the same rules as the visa waiver tourist coming to Thailand for the first time. Don't kid yourself, it's the long term tourist permit no matter how the Thais sugar coat it.
 
I'm interested in that low life test they do. Did they check the fabric on your suit?

Probably a nice bit of Bri- Nylon.
[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That "long stay visa" is just a temporary permit with the same rules as the visa waiver tourist coming to Thailand for the first time. Don't kid yourself, it's the long term tourist permit no matter how the Thais sugar coat it.

 

I'm interested in that low life test they do. Did they check the fabric on your suit?

They ask if you are a tourist or long stay retired person.  If you say tourist they boot you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Thailand will be a developing country (third world) until the end of time.  Seldom do Thais lucky enough to move to a western country ever return to Thailand to live, and they aren't burdened with nonsensical 90 day reporting, TM forms, and repetitive yearly treks to an ever increasing restrictive immigration office.  Thais just can't say what they think without reprisals or have decent career choices to look forward to.  

 

I suspect in the near future, due to political instability, life for most Thais are going to become more difficult and for westerners who didn't leave, unbearable.  Even your connection at immigration won't be able to help you.

All of the Thais I know, make some cash and come back to Thailand to escape the American IRS and crazy political system and all the other nutty things that are the reason so many Americans retire to Thailand.  Last year I spent 12 minutes at Immigration.  I won't bore you with how many hours the IRS and other bureaucratic nonsense cost me in America.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...