Immigration encourages smartness

Rimmer

9 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes.  I'm struggling to decide what's worse--the ugly cargo pants that stop half way between the knees and the ankles or those horrible baggy short shorts.  Nobody--and I mean nobody--looks good in either.

pitt.jpg

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, newnative said:

'...cargo pants that stop half way between the knees and the ankles...'   That's not half way.

You wrote, "Yes.  I'm struggling to decide what's worse--the ugly cargo pants that stop half way between the knees and the ankles or those horrible baggy short shorts.  Nobody--and I mean nobody--looks good in either"  

The photo above qualifies under "either."

Looking good is the man.  Looking appropriate is another issue altogether.  Handsome guys look good in anything or nothing.    

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You wrote, "Yes.  I'm struggling to decide what's worse--the ugly cargo pants that stop half way between the knees and the ankles or those horrible baggy short shorts.  Nobody--and I mean nobody--looks good in either"  

The photo above qualifies under "either."

Looking good is the man.  Looking appropriate is another issue altogether.  Handsome guys look good in anything or nothing.    

Doesn't qualify under 'either' in my book. I referred to baggy short shorts and cargo pants that stop half way between the knees and the ankles.  The photo you posted isn't either of them.  

Just now, newnative said:

Doesn't qualify under 'either' in my book. I referred to baggy short shorts and cargo pants that stop half way between the knees and the ankles.  The photo you posted isn't either of them.  

A pedantic cargo shorts argument.  I think that's a first.  Congrats.  

So the low life test is about checking the length of the cargo pants amiright?

Methinks this is the only acceptable attire for proper amount of respect towards our parole officers:

c041a26ad6ddb1b94e4a29aee76a176f--pilgri

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

So the low life test is about checking the length of the cargo pants amiright?

No.  As long as you know the difference between a tourist and a long stay retirement extension/visa you'll be OK.  

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

No.  As long as you know the difference between a tourist and a long stay retirement extension/visa you'll be OK.  

Ah good, I know that one: none whatsoever, both can be thrown out any time without a second thought.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, DrTuner said:

In primary school I wore jeans, in high school I wore jeans, in university I wore jeans, at work I wore jeans. Now that I'm retired I wear beach shorts. That's what tourists wear and that's what the "non-immigrant" means. It's the official trendywear of the perpetual tourists. The civil servants serving my perpetual tourist arse should wear their uniforms and go yes sir right away sir oui bwana. Ugh.

i have never worn jeans in my life

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nothing pompous about poking fun at scruffs turning up at immigration who endlessly moan about having to wait and 'jump through hoops' in order to stay here. Actually it's one of the easiest countries in the world to stay long term in, although you will be non resident. The least people can do is turn up not looking like a scarecrow, cargo shorts is about as low as you can go when it comes to dress sense.

Well having been to the immigration office in both long trousers and shorts, i can honestly say the waiting time is just the same , the hoops to jump through are just the same, the fines and paperwork are just the same

so for me, shorts and some sort of shirt, and stuff em !

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nothing pompous about poking fun at scruffs turning up at immigration who endlessly moan about having to wait and 'jump through hoops' in order to stay here. Actually it's one of the easiest countries in the world to stay long term in, although you will be non resident. The least people can do is turn up not looking like a scarecrow, cargo shorts is about as low as you can go when it comes to dress sense.

"Easiest countries in the world to stay long term," Lol.  Where did you live before coming to Thailand, North Korea?  Lol

7 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

"Easiest countries in the world to stay long term," Lol.  Where did you live before coming to Thailand, North Korea?  Lol

You can stay long term in NK, but you may not like the accommodation or the conditions

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

'jump through hoops'

No we have to 'dance through hoops'.

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Actually it's one of the easiest countries in the world to stay long term in,

No it isn't. Why do you think people are moving to adjacent and nearby ones. 

Archived