BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rimmer

Immigration encourages smartness

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do they get insulted if you wear jeans?

If they are super baggie yet your fat gut still hangs over the front I would say yes.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Everyone laughs at me but I have been saying this for years.

I ALWAYS dress like I am going to a very important business meeting when I go to immigration or the bank or any Thai government location.

And it does make a very big difference. Dressing like a slob sends a message that you are disrespecting the Thai people. 

Incredible that I still see farangs wearing shorts and tee shirts to immigration and especially to the bank to open accounts.   

100 percent agree I do the same.

Going there especially for an extension is one of the most important things you will do here.

It is a business appointment and I feel a representation not only of yourself but your country.

The unkempt stinking disrespectful filth that come in their should be kicked out...

No way am I wearing long pants in Pattaya. The only place its to be encouraged is in court on a felony charge so its smart casual for me and I may reconsider when IO's reconsider corruption

That would directly affect 99% of wives and gf's
No guy on here admits that,their girl is different

If they are super baggie yet your fat gut still hangs over the front I would say yes.
Who wears trousers in Thailand anyway? just old men really

Theres no explanation as to why immigration encourages theiir interpretation of smartness, surely its not the age old thing called Thai respect because if that is the case the staff at Jomtein should show some towards their customers...I seldom find them dutiful unless its in return for money or personal gain.

The way things are going we might all have to sew stars (or whatever sign is deemed suitable) onto our shirts shortly.

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
50 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Who wears trousers in Thailand anyway? just old men really

Any Thai government employee, any Thai bank employee, any polite Thai person when going to an event of any importance, any teacher, any adult doing anything of any importance.  

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So they want us to dress up to hear them not following the rules, no respect to them

Yep, they're probably now expecting their punters to show up as cool as cucumbers wearing dicky-bow ties and tuxedo jackets immediately after spending all morning rushing about in what turned out to be a vain attempt to comply with said rules!

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Because most foreigners have the "I don,t give a S%#T what the Thais think" attitude and then wonder why they have problems everywhere they go.

Darn! You´re totally rocking today. Great post!

1 hour ago, madmen said:

No way am I wearing long pants in Pattaya. The only place its to be encouraged is in court on a felony charge so its smart casual for me and I may reconsider when IO's reconsider corruption

Or when they tell you to go home and change and and you suddenly understand that what you consider doesn´t count in their eyes. Then you will nicely put on your long pants in Pattaya and smile to the officer while they once again consider your extension. 

Immigration encourages smartness in dress code....I encourage Thai immigration smartness (honesty, consistency, and transparency) in apply immigration laws.  Bunch of idiots!  

Applying by post normally saves that hassle.

It is sad that immigration has to put up a sign like that at all.

I wonder if how people present themselves at immigration here is how they dress up when applying for passport in their home country?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app