How to hide wires on a wall mounted tv

madmen

I want to wall mount my TV.  The TV will be positioned directly over a wall power outlet so no need to worry about that however I will be running wires up from a set top box and sound bar

There are kits available in the west or hollowed out plastic strips etc but I see nothing here. Im in Bangkok and I could source anything that might do the job from home pro

Any ideas?

Just now, BritManToo said:

put the sound bar and set top box on top of the tv.

That was so damned logical i had to laugh! good idea , I could mount a small shelf and drop the wires down . Great solution 

What's on the other side of the wall?

In my living room on the other side of the wall where the TV mounds there is a spare  bedroom, if I needed to run wires, I would drill through the wall, and run the wires on the bedroom side where no one will see it, or is hidden behind furniture. 

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Use the square box type plastic section thats used for air-con outlets, that can then be colored as required or left cream.

Is that likely to be at home pro? I have ducted AC 

15 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

All of the DIY shops (HomePro, Thai Watsadu, Home Mart, etc.) carry an assortment of PVC surface mount wire channels with adhesive backing. All you would need is a hacksaw. 

The problem will be relaying that info to the Thai staff. Anyone have a pic I could show them?

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What's on the other side of the wall?

In my living room on the other side of the wall where the TV mounds there is a spare  bedroom, if I needed to run wires, I would drill through the wall, and run the wires on the bedroom side where no one will see it, or is hidden behind furniture. 

Neighbour might get upset

1 minute ago, madmen said:

The problem will be relaying that info to the Thai staff. Anyone have a pic I could show them?

Yes you should be able to get it at any of the big DIY places.

Hope this image helps, (best I could find quickly).

ac-plastic.JPG

38 minutes ago, madmen said:

Or order online, can deliver or pickup at store.

https://www.homepro.co.th/homePro/en/Construction-Electrical-Electrical-Boxes%2C-Conduits-and-Fittings-Electric-Wiring-Ducts/c/140234

My personal favorite solution is getting a nice shelf or finished board about 30cm wide that runs vertically from about 100cm above the floor to 30-50cm above the bottom of the TV. You mount it on stand-offs to create a chase for the plugs and cables to go through, and can put some equipment there as well depending on the depth and how far your tv is from the face of the wall. 

You can also put a hinge on it to simplify access. 

The plastic wire channels in post 10 are the way to go.  I wired my whole house using them and it's extremely easy to add extra wires for additional plugs and run new channels where you want to place something new.  They can be painted the same color as the wall and come in many different sizes and shapes.

Archived