Bangkok airport: No foreigners on overstay - even at the long stay car park!

webfact

Bangkok airport: No foreigners on overstay - even at the long stay car park! 

2pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Travelers to Thailand at the weekend were greeted by a large show of force determined to root out illegal migrants or foreigners on overstay and other trouble. 

There were immigration officials from Region 2, men in army fatigues, regular police and even a man from the EOD bomb disposal team. 

2pm1.jpg

A sniffer dog completed the line-up that proudly posed for pictures at the arrival and departure boards at Suvarnabhumi. 

2pm2.jpg

The teams searched the concourse, checked passengers at the fourth floor drop off area and even went on an overstay hunt to, appropriately enough, the long stay car park. 

2pm3.jpg

And the results of their endeavors on Saturday as reported in two Naew Na stories? 

Precisely nothing. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-01

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Travelers to Thailand at the weekend were greeted by a large show of force determined to root out illegal migrants or foreigners on overstay

How could foreigners get caught for overstay when they're arriving to Thailand?

No overstayers at the Airport?? W-T-F... I mean... What the effffffffffff ??? is this idiocy at its height or is something else really being missed in this article?

Looking for overstayers at the airport is... well, just outrageously silly - these ridiculous parades do nothing more than highlight the juvenile minds behind the whole facade.

I pity the junior officers who have to put up with the mindless stupidity for so long they ultimately become brainwashed into playing the same game as they mature through the ranks - common sense getting eroded away one moronic step at a time. 

10 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Why would you be looking for overstayers at the airport complete waste of time .

Because it is air-conditioned and easy to get to. Think like a Thai. Maximum show for minimum effort.

I wonder who came up with this ridiculous idea? Send the bomb squad to look for overstayers? In a car park? :cheesy:

And not surprisingly found absolutely nothing! I wonder if they understand the word "predictable," and the phrase "complete waste of time."

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder who came up with this ridiculous idea? Send the bomb squad to look for overstayers? In a car park? :cheesy:

And not surprisingly found absolutely nothing! I wonder if they understand the word "predictable," and the phrase "complete waste of time."

Nah, it's just today's early morning entertainment.

Next up: Charlie Cairoli working as immigration's guest IO of the day.

22 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Why would you be looking for overstayers at the airport complete waste of time .

Yes  but  look at the photo op and the "how important we are" pose, honestly have they anything better to do? why not  pick up some litter somewhere.

9 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Yeah "let me out or  Ill blow myself up"

I wonder what they would do if they actually found an overstayer?

Would they hold the criminal so they could get some more photographs?

What happens if the miscreant missed their flight out of the country while the powers that be got their photo op?

"and even went on an overstay hunt to, appropriately enough, the long stay car park. " so they never charged any cars with over stay either, wonder what their punishment would have been, no driving on thai roads for x amount of years?

51 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You just don't understand Thai logic do you?

What Thai logic? Thai don't have logics, at least not the type of logic and way of processing events as in the western world, and guess what? it working for them and they're happy with it, is the like of us sods that have to put up and live with such manner of making decisions and acting on them..  

if they had a brain they might be dangerous, ok, why would anyone be on overstay, if they had a car in the car park so i leave my car at the airport and take a taxi into town, ha ha, there is a car opposite my local that has not moved for months still covered in songkran goo .and its on a main road, still its obviously thai owned as no farang would let his pride and joy get in that state.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

And our wasted tax money? 

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

and even a man from the EOD bomb disposal team. 

Why?????????

Just in case someone put a rocket up their backsides for wasting their time and public money.

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Not quite - in terms of earning revenue.

Here on Samui, now and then, the boys from Immigration go to the ferry terminal to check visas of passengers heading off on border bounces.

The reason is the size of the fine per day for an overstay. If you go to immigration (say at the airport or office) and you are an overstay, the fine is 100's baht per day. If you are caught by immigration, then the fine is 1,000's baht per day and gaol (possibly more money???) and a possible ban (yet more money???).

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Because it is air-conditioned and easy to get to. Think like a Thai. Maximum show for minimum effort.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What a load of BS, why would they be searching for over stayers at the airport?

Somebody high up is just trying to justify his existence.

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Unbelievably stupid! Found nothing! Whatever next? Looking for prostitutes in Walking Street? Oh, hang on a moment..................

58 minutes ago, seajae said:

"and even went on an overstay hunt to, appropriately enough, the long stay car park. " so they never charged any cars with over stay either, wonder what their punishment would have been, no driving on thai roads for x amount of years?

28 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

if they had a brain they might be dangerous, ok, why would anyone be on overstay, if they had a car in the car park so i leave my car at the airport and take a taxi into town, ha ha, there is a car opposite my local that has not moved for months still covered in songkran goo .and its on a main road, still its obviously thai owned as no farang would let his pride and joy get in that state.

A few posters need to re-read the article with their sensible hats on and then direct their misinterpretation of the idea of security to the writer of the deliberately mickey-taking Naew Na article, not the agencies involved in doing the jobs they're instructed to do.

Predictable or not, that´s just not the point. And then something as outrageous as complete waste of time. You have been here so long, so you should definately be aware of that there is no time wasted as long as you get payed.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What a load of BS, why would they be searching for over stayers at the airport?

Somebody high up is just trying to justify his existence.

And he failed miserably. I think he know the feeling from before. Coming up with something this idiotic can not come from a beginner. This comcept was born and handled by an experienced loser.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

How could foreigners get caught for overstay when they're arriving to Thailand?

Actually they can, but only if the IO has been getting the envelope to give you such a nice stamp at arrival.

26 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

A few posters need to re-read the article with their sensible hats on and then direct their misinterpretation of the idea of security to the writer of the deliberately mickey-taking Naew Na article, not the agencies involved in doing the jobs they're instructed to do.

So what are you saying? That they weren't actually looking for foreigners on overstay and Naew Na made it all up? Because if you're not saying that, then I don't see where there's any 'mickey-taking' going on in the Naew Na article.

They report that it was an exercise to look for overstayers and none were found. It's a purely factual report - unless you're saying it's not true. 

Archived