Bangkok airport: No foreigners on overstay - even at the long stay car park!

webfact

6 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

A similar exercise of force in Pattaya looking for prostitutes later turned up some in soi 6.

Maybe next week they’ll find one overstayer in trap 2 of the toilets ????

Will they hang him out to dry?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

So what are you saying? That they weren't actually looking for foreigners on overstay and Naew Na made it all up? Because if you're not saying that, then I don't see where there's any 'mickey-taking' going on in the Naew Na article.

They report that it was an exercise to look for overstayers and none were found. It's a purely factual report - unless you're saying it's not true. 

No, I didn't say that.  I was commenting on the fact that so many posters could not see the obvious, mis-directed, gratuitous ridicule towards the security agencies with which the article was written by Naew Na.

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, I didn't say that.  I was commenting on the fact that so many posters could not see the obvious, mis-directed, gratuitous ridicule towards the security agencies with which the article was written by Naew Na.

That so many posters could not see the 'obvious, mis-directed, gratuitous ridicule' you write of perhaps makes the 'obvious, mis-directed, gratuitous ridicule' not so obvious !!!

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

That so many posters could not see the 'obvious, mis-directed, gratuitous ridicule' you write of perhaps makes the 'obvious, mis-directed, gratuitous ridicule' not so obvious !!!

That is not logical, this is Thaivisa.

Whether it is a “Dog and Pony” show or an actual attempt to strictly enforce  it’s Immigration Laws I applaud the effort.  Something like this in the US would lead to a Democrat and SnowFlake meltdown.   

Perhaps the officials thought long stay car park was going to be full of overstaying foreigners who had been sitting in their cars for months at a time. Perhaps someone could enlighten them as to their actual purpose?  ????

5 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Isn't that ARP Warden Hodges leading the charge? "You ruddy hooligans!" 

He's been in my mind recently since our beloved leader suggested reading Animal Farm. Thinking about Napoleon brought back memories of Captain Mainwairing.

A sniffer dog and bomb guy. On a search for overstayers. At the airport. And long-term parking lot. Just when you think they can't get stupider, they come out with all their coloured feathers, line up and take some pictures to prove that they can sustainably out-stupid their own stupidity.

29 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

In order to catch the rotten apples on overstay, they've trained him to sniff out expired dates. 

An excellent post there - cheers!

They must only need to feed the dog on dried meat, as he obviously gets his 'five a day' with the apples and dates.

Archived