Wasp Nest

Isan Farang

i thought this was going to be about leaving a comment on TV. :cheesy:

i had a Thai guy come out and smoke them out by burning some dry grass under the nest. Not too good for the paint. 

then he knocked the nest down. 200 baht. I watched from my bunker. 

giant asian wasps can be dangerous, if you google it you'll see people have died in China

I got stung by one that was in my shirt, something you don't forget - lucky for me there was a thick protective layer between my skin and internal organs

The larvae are actually a delicacy - we had a guy come and smoke them then gathered the larvae, he said he was going to sell in the local market

8 hours ago, wasanajones said:

giant asian wasps can be dangerous, if you google it you'll see people have died in China

I got stung by one that was in my shirt, something you don't forget - lucky for me there was a thick protective layer between my skin and internal organs

The larvae are actually a delicacy - we had a guy come and smoke them then gathered the larvae, he said he was going to sell in the local market

Not likely to be giant asian hornets as suggested. it looks like a tiger wasp nest and these are also very dangerous if they swarm.

Archived