BANGKOK

I live with my wife in our home in Nakhon Ratchasima province. I am planning a weekend trip to Chonburi Province where I will stay in a hotel.

Is it essential that I report my “hotel address” when I return home.

The TM 30 forms that I have seen are obviously aimed at hotel/condo owners so which form do I use?

Also, do I just walk into immigration and tell them about my trip. My immigration office is 70 km from my home so it is a major inconvenience.

Can anyone offer a link to the form that I will require.

Genuinely confused, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, Thank you for your advice.

if your wife is going with you let her check in on her name to be on the safe side.

In Chiang Mai they only want you to report if you have a new arrival/departure card.

Some other cities are handling different rules.

Good luck

• Like 1

My wife just did one for me as I came back from Vietnam. I am temporarily camping at my SIL's place. 

We filled in the downloaded form and my wife went to the local police station with copies of my passport etc and all the relevant local ID cards etc.

Done.

This was in Bangkok. It is possible that the OP's nearest main police station is also 70kms away,

20 hours ago, DickThrust said:

Is it essential that I report my “hotel address” when I return home.

TM30 isnt reporting where you stayed, its reporting a return to your house.

• Thanks 1

They will "catch" you whenever you step foot in an immigration office.

I paid 800 THB fine for my condo owner's default to report my stay in his condo.

I also had to return with the TM30 filled by the owner, in order to my one year extension of visa.

It is the responsibility of property owners to report to immigration. Many of them are not yet aware of the

new implementation of this old regulation.  

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't' recall any report of Korat immigration wanting a TM30 report when you returne from a trip within the country.

There are not many offices that want a report in the above case.

Is there a list showing which ones do require it? That would be helpful to many people.

We can do this at a police station? How about the nearest district office? CW is miles away. I know my wife (my landlord) can register online but it seems to take a week or two and we are going abroad on Friday. Thanks

7 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

We can do this at a police station?

Some might do it. But many would not even know what it is for and tell you to do it at immgiration.

7 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

How about the nearest district office?

Not possible.

9 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

I know my wife (my landlord) can register online but it seems to take a week or two and we are going abroad on Friday.

You do not need a TM30 report to leave the country. Immigration at airports and border crossings do not ask for one. Just do one when you return.

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

if your wife is going with you let her check in on her name to be on the safe side.

In Chiang Mai they only want you to report if you have a new arrival/departure card.

Some other cities are handling different rules.

Good luck

That's what I always do.

52 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Is there a list showing which ones do require it? That would be helpful to many people.

Not really, all the IOs change staff regularly, change their rules or their interpretation of them regularly.

So what any IO tells you one day could change the next.

They all have their interpretation of the rules, so you cannot win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fakser said:

It is the responsibility of property owners to report to immigration. Many of them are not yet aware of the new implementation of this old regulation.  

No it isn't, you are equally responsible as the tenant or possessor of the property.

Many foreigners aren't aware of that either.