TM 30 confusion

I live with my wife in our home in Nakhon Ratchasima province. I am planning a weekend trip to Chonburi Province where I will stay in a hotel.

Is it essential that I report my “hotel address” when I return home.

The TM 30 forms that I have seen are obviously aimed at hotel/condo owners so which form do I use?

Also, do I just walk into immigration and tell them about my trip. My immigration office is 70 km from my home so it is a major inconvenience.

Can anyone offer a link to the form that I will require.

Genuinely confused, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, Thank you for your advice.

• Confused 1

My wife just did one for me as I came back from Vietnam. I am temporarily camping at my SIL's place. 

We filled in the downloaded form and my wife went to the local police station with copies of my passport etc and all the relevant local ID cards etc.

Done.

This was in Bangkok. It is possible that the OP's nearest main police station is also 70kms away,

20 hours ago, DickThrust said:

TM30 isnt reporting where you stayed, its reporting a return to your house.

• Thanks 1

They will "catch" you whenever you step foot in an immigration office.

I paid 800 THB fine for my condo owner's default to report my stay in his condo.

I also had to return with the TM30 filled by the owner, in order to my one year extension of visa.

It is the responsibility of property owners to report to immigration. Many of them are not yet aware of the

new implementation of this old regulation.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't' recall any report of Korat immigration wanting a TM30 report when you returne from a trip within the country.

There are not many offices that want a report in the above case.

Is there a list showing which ones do require it? That would be helpful to many people.

We can do this at a police station? How about the nearest district office? CW is miles away. I know my wife (my landlord) can register online but it seems to take a week or two and we are going abroad on Friday. Thanks

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

We can do this at a police station?

Some might do it. But many would not even know what it is for and tell you to do it at immgiration.

7 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

How about the nearest district office?

Not possible.

9 minutes ago, jrward42 said:

I know my wife (my landlord) can register online but it seems to take a week or two and we are going abroad on Friday.

You do not need a TM30 report to leave the country. Immigration at airports and border crossings do not ask for one. Just do one when you return.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

if your wife is going with you let her check in on her name to be on the safe side.

In Chiang Mai they only want you to report if you have a new arrival/departure card.

Some other cities are handling different rules.

Good luck

That's what I always do.

52 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Is there a list showing which ones do require it? That would be helpful to many people.

Not really, all the IOs change staff regularly, change their rules or their interpretation of them regularly.

So what any IO tells you one day could change the next.

They all have their interpretation of the rules, so you cannot win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fakser said:

It is the responsibility of property owners to report to immigration. Many of them are not yet aware of the new implementation of this old regulation.  

No it isn't, you are equally responsible as the tenant or possessor of the property.

Many foreigners aren't aware of that either.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

That's wrong. It is completely reporting where you stay.

If for example you stay at a friend's house, technically, your friend should report you on TM30 and when you return home you report on another TM30 (i.e. every time you stay somewhere overnight, you are meant to report your stay).

The fact is however that many immigration offices don't bother at all or simply require an initial report (for permanent residents), which is then changed if you leave the country or move house

As for reporting yourself to immigration this is actually done on a TM28, but as that is (mostly) duplicated by the Tm30 and for other reasons (such as the completely impractical nature of the form which requires all foreigners, including tourists to report themselves independently of the TM30) can pretty much be ignored, but it is lurking in the background

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

if your wife is going with you let her check in on her name to be on the safe side.

In Chiang Mai they only want you to report if you have a new arrival/departure card.

Some other cities are handling different rules.

Good luck

I tried that a few weeks ago, the hotel wouldn't play, they insisted on my passport.

7 minutes ago, roath said:

In the context Peterw42 replied to the OP, he is correct.

21 hours ago, DickThrust said:

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, roath said:

As for reporting yourself to immigration this is actually done on a TM28, but as that is (mostly) duplicated by the Tm30

The TM28 is for registering a permanent change of address to Immigration.

The TM30 is a report of you arriving/returning at the registered address.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roath said:

Yes, its reporting where you stay, not, as I said, reporting where you did stay prior. Stayed = past tense.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The TM28 is for registering a permanent change of address to Immigration.

The TM30 is a report of you arriving/returning at the registered address.

So as a tenant (the actual lease holder) you still need the landlord (owner) to fill in the form or you can do by yourself? I guess a House Master or Possessor of residence is the actual landlord and not the lease holder? (that's who has to sign the form)

image.png.2a4169607f14aafbc147691993a3cb87.png

7 minutes ago, BWFC said:

So as a tenant (the actual lease holder) you still need the landlord (owner) to fill in the form or you can do by yourself? I guess a House Master or Possessor of residence is the actual landlord and not the lease holder? (that's who has to sign the form)

lease holder/tenant can sign as possessor. People even sign up for the online system as possessor.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BWFC said:

Do you share the residence with your landlord, or do you possess the house alone.

As the tenant you are also the possessor of the residence, you can complete, sign and file the form yourself, but should send signed copies of the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Section 4. “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever.

I did it that way for years, until I recently registered to file using the TM30 online method.

Edited by Tanoshi

16 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Do you share the residence with your landlord, or do you possess the house alone.

As the tenant you are also the possessor of the residence, you can complete, sign and file the form yourself, but should send signed copies of the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Section 4. “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever.

I did it that way for years, until I recently registered to file using the TM30 online method.

Very helpful thank you.

Could you please elaborate on the TM30 online method and H=how I would go about this?

Thanks

Michael

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You have only quoted part of the law, there is more to the definition of a “House Owner”.  Literally “following law concerning registration of citizens, which begs the question, where does a non citizen stand? 

I do not mention this as a lower-deck lawyer but simply to point out the futility of quoting the law in dealings with Immigration. 

My advice in the case of the OP is to plead incredulity as regards the law because it is not credible if applied to a foreign couple who are taking advantage of the provision of retiring to Thailand.  

In the event that officialdom is interested in knowing the whereabouts of non citizens everything is in the records, we can only speculate as to why ‘Immigration’ chooses not to refer to them. 

17 minutes ago, BWFC said:

Very helpful thank you.

Could you please elaborate on the TM30 online method and H=how I would go about this?

Thanks

Michael

Firstly you need to register here: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ 

Select 'register' which will take you to the registration process.

Select 'Foreigner' on the first step.

2030769349_Step1..JPG.8a77e15a06d5d9cb3090b9b8fbc7a02b.JPG

Select 'Individual' in the second step.

565563126_Step2..JPG.750f3e67882ffd42a7148eb0267a7cab.JPG

At the bottom attach supporting documents.

Copy of Passport

Copy of Blue or Yellow Tabien Baan for the property.

Copy of Thai or Foreigners ID card.

840711782_Step3..JPG.86d5e3a1bd00a47576167ba9221186ab.JPG

After submitting you'll be sent an e-mail verification.

You then wait to be sent a user ID and password by email from your local IO.

On receipt of the above when trying to 'log in' you'll be requested to change your password.

To file further reports you can now 'log in', but will require the help of a Thai as the available options are predominately in Thai.

32 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

You have only quoted part of the law, there is more to the definition of a “House Owner”.  Literally “following law concerning registration of citizens, which begs the question, where does a non citizen stand? 

Apologies.

Section 4. “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

The word 'citizen' isn't mentioned, which I believe your confusing the term of anyway.

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Firstly you need to register here: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ 

Select 'register' which will take you to the registration process.

Select 'Foreigner' on the first step.

2030769349_Step1..JPG.8a77e15a06d5d9cb3090b9b8fbc7a02b.JPG

Select 'Individual' in the second step.

565563126_Step2..JPG.750f3e67882ffd42a7148eb0267a7cab.JPG

At the bottom attach supporting documents.

Copy of Passport

Copy of Blue or Yellow Tabien Baan for the property.

Copy of Thai or Foreigners ID card.

840711782_Step3..JPG.86d5e3a1bd00a47576167ba9221186ab.JPG

After submitting you'll be sent an e-mail verification.

You then wait to be sent a user ID and password by email from your local IO.

On receipt of the above when trying to 'log in' you'll be requested to change your password.

To file further reports you can now 'log in', but will require the help of a Thai as the available options are predominately in Thai.

Thanks, don't have a house book so attached the rental agreement. Will see if that works.

Thanks again for your help.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some might do it. But many would not even know what it is for and tell you to do it at immgiration.

Not possible.

You do not need a TM30 report to leave the country. Immigration at airports and border crossings do not ask for one. Just do one when you return.

Thanks as always ubonjoe. Yeah, I meant for when we return. Only going to Hong Kong for a few days so I doubt we will be able to register in time. I guess a trip to CW might be in order.

I have not had to do an extension or 90 day report since this has come in in Bangkok. My next extension is in January and I will be going abroad again in September/October. I wonder if I could register and then do a TM30 after that trip and avoid any fine.