Thai Price

tgeezer

I would like to know which courses have dual pricing, so that I know where not to go. I don't mind if this turns in to a "cheap charly' accusatory type thread. I know that there are many golfers who like to show how much money they have from the BMW, Merc, car parking at the courses, but they are not above taking advantage of the fact that they are Thai.

I would like to know which courses have dual pricing, so that I know where not to go. I don't mind if this turns in to a "cheap charly' accusatory type thread. I know that there are many golfers who like to show how much money they have from the BMW, Merc, car parking at the courses, but they are not above taking advantage of the fact that they are Thai.

Pinehurst engages in dual pricing

I've played at around a dozen courses in Bangkok, Hua Hin and Pattaya and never come across dual pricing. What's the basis for your question? Is it something you've seen already, or only suspect exists?

A freind of mine told me of a new course near Bangsai not yet open but he played it, and he told me they have dual pricing. I was incensed because it is a new course and apart form the Army at Ram Indra where they have a good excuse with so many ex-military I have never come across it. Simple cheating you have to put up with but an open declaration should be resisted I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

I`ve played quite a few courses in Thailand and have yet to come across dual pricing.....I play with a Thai friend most of the time and we always pay the same,this policy does not extend to the small restaurants...when Thai friends are with us the bin is substantially lower than when I am with farangs

Over the past few years I have been fortunate enough to play with Thai groups and long long long term expats who are fluent. I have come to the general conclusion that with few exceptions every course in the Bangkok/Pattaya region have dual pricing. Sometimes I get the Thai price, sometimes I get rakaa farang. In the end, I want to play and either price is a great deal for what your getting. If I get the Thai price, so much the better. TIT

Over the past few years I have been fortunate enough to play with Thai groups and long long long term expats who are fluent. I have come to the general conclusion that with few exceptions every course in the Bangkok/Pattaya region have dual pricing. Sometimes I get the Thai price, sometimes I get rakaa farang. In the end, I want to play and either price is a great deal for what your getting. If I get the Thai price, so much the better. TIT

Are you sure they are not just showing a discount card you didn't see?

In many years in many courses I haven't seen dual pricing. I have seen various discount cards I wished I had at the time. :o

TH

• 1 month later...
Bangkok Sports Club engages in discrimination as members cannot bring Thai's as guest, but farangs are ok.

TH

Not quite correct.

Rule 3.3 of the Bye-laws of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club states:

Persons living in Thailand, irrespective of official resident status may not be introduced as guests except to luncheon .... or to Racing........

In other words Residents of Thailand - whether Thai or Farang - may not be introduced as Guests; and this applies to all Sports facilities in the Club, not just Golf.

Patrick

Bangkok Sports Club engages in discrimination as members cannot bring Thai's as guest, but farangs are ok.

TH

Not quite correct.

Rule 3.3 of the Bye-laws of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club states:

Persons living in Thailand, irrespective of official resident status may not be introduced as guests except to luncheon .... or to Racing........

In other words Residents of Thailand - whether Thai or Farang - may not be introduced as Guests; and this applies to all Sports facilities in the Club, not just Golf.

Patrick

But you do admit they way it is enforced is discriminatory to Thais ?

TH