Spouse Visa Validity

Hi all, 

I am a teacher and I just moved to a new school. My old school cancelled my visa last 18th June with effectivity dated 30th June 2019, my new school visa officer  brought me to the immigration office and MOL last 19th June and applied my new visa and work permit and successfully received both. 

My wife’s visa is a Non-O 90 days Visa (connected to my old visa) that will expire on 10 August. Here’s the confusion, my new visa officer told us that she’s okay to stay up to 10 August, but my old visa officer told us that she’s already over stay because my old visa (connected to her) was already cut. 

Does she needs to go out of the kingdom now ASAP or she is allowed stay up to 10 August? 

Thank you

If your wife entered the country with a Non-immigrant ‘O’ visa, and received a 90 day stay, she can stay until the end of that 90 day stay (August 10th).

If she extended her stay off the back of your extension of stay based on your job, her stay technically became invalid when your last job ended, and she would need to apply for a new extension based on your new job.

• Sad 1