Man vows to sell house after it’s used in suicide

snoop1130

Man vows to sell house after it’s used in suicide

By The Nation

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 6.34.04 PM.png

The owner of a house under construction in Chiang Mai made a horrific discovery on Monday when his contractors called him to say they had found a man hanging from the rafters.

The shocked house owner immediately vowed to try and sell the property.

Muang Chiang Mai police station was alerted at 8.30am that a man had been found hanging in a yet-to-be-finished house in Ban Rong Ruan Kham in Tambon Padaed of Muang district.

The man appeared to be around 30 to 40 years old. He apparently climbed the scaffolding to the second floor, went inside and used a nylon rope to hang himself from the roof beam. His sandals were found on the ground next to the scaffolding.

The body was sent to Chiang Mai Hospital for autopsy.

The contractor, Chaidaen Sodsai, said his workers found the body at 8am and he immediately called the house owner.

Chaidaen said the house was being built at a cost of almost Bt3 million. He said the house owner, whose name was withheld, told him that he would sell it after construction was completed as he could not bear to live there.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30372058

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-07-01

26 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Nahhh, I wouldn't want to live there either.

Don't tell me you're scared of ghosts?

Their must be some thousands of houses where people have died. Why would that worry you? It's just illogical Captain Kirk.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Chaidaen said the house was being built at a cost of almost Bt3 million. He said the house owner, whose name was withheld, told him that he would sell it after construction was completed as he could not bear to live there.

I'll bid a fiver !!

May be better off demolishing it and starting over, no Thai will live in it.

There's a huge abandoned mansion at the top of a hill in my GF's village. Must be 400 - 500 sqm. I wanted to go in, and my GF practically dragged me away. All the local villagers won't go anywhere near it.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's a huge abandoned mansion at the top of a hill in my GF's village. Must be 400 - 500 sqm. I wanted to go in, and my GF practically dragged me away. All the local villagers won't go anywhere near it.

Sounds perfect for a farang, no fear of relatives invading your privacy.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Sounds perfect for a farang, no fear of relatives invading your privacy.

If you want to be a hermit. No GF, and I imagine getting stuff delivered would be a problem.

No chance of selling it if word gets out where it is. Remember that hotel collapsing in the middle of Korat when they tried to build a couple extra floors on the top of it, still empty/unsold now ... cheapest real estate in the city ever and maybe they couldn't give it away. The locals get seriously spooked by this nonsense even though superstition is generally considered merely a lack of education in the real world. Reminds me of when I read a news report a while back about the cops arresting a trader outside a temple in Phuket for selling fake amulets ... what, as opposed to ones that actually work? 

Isn't it the same with lots of land on the other side of the Ping River in CM? They sold all that to Christians back in the day as they thought it to be haunted.
Still quite a few of huge lots land with 'ghost houses' on it there (that otherwise would cost big money as of location). 
And then you have that building on the corner within the moat that had a fire, they never continued either.

Archived