Ketogenic Diets - How to figure out how much dietary fat you REALLY need.

Kohsamida

For those who are thinking of ketogenic dieting, a big problem a lot of people have is determining how much dietary fat they need.  I just want to share what I think is a particularly well thought out "keto calculator" program I came across back when I first got interested in Keto.  It's particularly well designed and super simple to use...and it's free.  See it at https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/.

I looked at a bunch of such calculator programs back when I got interested in Keto and this is the only one I found that actually acknowledges the need for adjusting nutritional macros and calories as your body fat percentage begins to decline, and builds this into the progress graph so you know when to make changes.  It also prevents you from setting a macro too low that there will be a danger of muscle loss.

As anyone who is into Keto realizes, keeping carbs low enough for proper ketosis is critical, but what a lot of people don't realize is that protein and fat levels are also critical.  Too much protein will get converted into glucose and throw you out of ketosis.  Too little protein will result in muscle loss.  Too much dietary fat will make your keto diet inefficient but too little will result in metabolic slowdown.  So optimizing ALL macros is important, and this program makes it very easy to calculate the optimal ratio for an individual based on their personal situation and needs.

It's actually a very elegant yet simple program...and it can be used not only for Keto but really for any diet to assure you are getting an optimal macro balance and calories for best diet results while avoiding muscle loss.

•  

3 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Their information is coming from alternative medicine sites. Due diligence and scientific validation isn't required. Although some information is useful, most must be taken with a grain of salt. Most appear to be marketing based without needs for scientific studies.  Some information has been validated by the test of time (Thai and Chinese traditional medicine) and scientific studies done. Others has little or no data to validate. Most are OK to try if not to treat a specific disease and might have a placebo effect or might be effective. If it work for you OK but beware of marketing hype.

BTW are khoSam and waverider one and the same? Their argumentative style and subject matter are the same. I've now blocked them because they are full of it.

You seem to be a very troubled person, and I feel sorry for you but it would be nice if you would stop trying to destroy threads you obviously have no knowledge of, or true interest in.  You have a history of doing this in many of the threads I follow, and it's downright annoying!

Posturing as an authority on the biological sciences, you repeatedly post ludicrous misinformation and half-truths purely for the purpose of discrediting a post, or the poster, all for the express purpose of giving you a sense of self-importance.  Your past comments about testosterone, about triglycerides, and now Keto are not only ill-informed but just plain silly.  They insult the intelligence of the reader and are obviously intended to be weirdly inflammatory.

Do you really believe that you are deceiving anyone when you talk such trash?  You seem to grossly underestimate the average intelligence of readers on this forum.  Be assured, you are not fooling anyone. 

I truly feel sorry for you buddy, but wish you'd stop trolling threads to feed your desire for self-importance.  First of all, it isn't working; you sound ignorant, unread, and just foolish when you make some of these comments.  Secondly, it's just a plain nuisance to forum members who want to explore topics that a lot of us find interesting and of value.  I have nothing against debate, but what you are doing is anything but intelligent debate!   

4 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

...Can't argue with idiots. ...

LOL.  You shouldn’t be arguing with yourself; that’s as pointless as most of your posts.  You seem to have the same IQ as a box of hair.

Archived