E visa registration problem.....................

I have just tried to sign up for an individual account on the new evisa website. I have tried 3 times to fill out the reasonably simple online form and everytime I get 'access denied' with 'try again' or return to 'home'. Typically Thai it doesnt tell me why it has failed! Could it be photo criteria? My uploaded photo is not of a passport standard. Or could it be the phone number. I tried my home number and my mobile, leaving the first zero in and out after the +44. I am thoroughly peed off with having to scroll to the UK at the end of the countries menu which it forces u to do 4 times for each attempt. Also they cant even set up the scrolling to the year of birth to go back before 1969 so u have to click 1969  then scroll back again to your year of birth (if its before 1969)!!! Has anyone had similar problems or have any advice on what to do please?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its OK folks, I just tried again and this time was successful. I haven't a clue why! I used my UK home phone number omitting the zero after +44 and leaving no gap between the STD code and the actual number.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, misterphil said:

Ive been trying to apply for 2 days and it keeps crashing and showing this error message.

Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 20.10.45.png

I think I recall that I initially had this problem and it was because I didnt login, or hadnt set up a username and password, but once I did, I wasnt asked for it! I can only suggest that u go to the website of your country's Embassy and follow directions from there to set these up. If u have already done this and logged in all I can suggest is that u phone your embassy or a consulate for help. AND THEY WONDER WHY TOURIST NUMBERS ARE PLUMMETING!

You normally get this page where it’s timed out and you just have to log in again ...it is a pain...I got appointment tommorow to pick visa up apparently ...not feeling comfortable or confident about it......website not even working today...

anyone know are you supposed to print application form and take it with you along with photo.

55EAC6D4-F80F-4274-AD58-B4E186C17D86.png

46 minutes ago, taninthai said:

anyone know are you supposed to print application form and take it with you along with photo.

You take the printed application form, photo, passport and any other documents you uploaded.

According to collection information, you submit passport and documents via the appointment date/time, but collect the following day.

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You take the printed application form, photo, passport and any other documents you uploaded.

According to collection information, you submit passport and documents via the appointment date/time, but collect the following day.

Don’t think that’s quite right.......you submit all documents online .....you then get appointment to go and collect visa....but it seems you have to take all documents with you......I thought the whole point of this system was submit all paperwork online and then your visa is approved or rejected,,,,I.e. if they give you appointment visa should already be approved,,,,,,seems this is not the case ,will take everything I up loaded and more with me tommorow ...11 am is my appointment.

2 hours ago, taninthai said:

Don’t think that’s quite right.......you submit all documents online .....you then get appointment to go and collect visa....but it seems you have to take all documents with you......I thought the whole point of this system was submit all paperwork online and then your visa is approved or rejected,,,,I.e. if they give you appointment visa should already be approved,,,,,,seems this is not the case ,will take everything I up loaded and more with me tommorow ...11 am is my appointment.

The appointment is to submit your passport.

Passport and Visa Collection

You can check the status of your visa application by using the checking status menu on your account.  Automatically, you will get a notification email 2 days after your visa has been approved. 

If your application is successful and your visa has been approved, you can collect your passport with visa the next working day.  Collection time is between 10.00 am - 12.00 pm. 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84396-How-to-apply-for-visa-in-person.html

Please note: We will keep all supporting documents. If you wish to have your documents back, please do photocopy before submitting. 

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The appointment is to submit your passport.

Passport and Visa Collection

You can check the status of your visa application by using the checking status menu on your account.  Automatically, you will get a notification email 2 days after your visa has been approved. 

If your application is successful and your visa has been approved, you can collect your passport with visa the next working day.  Collection time is between 10.00 am - 12.00 pm. 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84396-How-to-apply-for-visa-in-person.html

Please note: We will keep all supporting documents. If you wish to have your documents back, please do photocopy before submitting. 

Yep completely agree looked over a few things this afternoon and see this is how it works......I should have just posted it.

Ok little update for ya ..went to London embassy to hand my stuff in ,no worries all done pick passport and visa up tommorow 11 to 12.

some notes 

the embassy was full of tourists trying to get visa ,Thai woman walking around telling everyone have to apply online first,,many people just leaving an old couple had been sitting there with there ticket for 45 minuits ,they gave me there ticket when they left so I jumped 10 people in the queue.

constant stream off people coming in while I was there again they not done online application.

the appointments are waste of time.you still have to take a ticket number when you arrive...my appointment was 11-11:30am I arrived 10:15 am and was outta of there by 10:50am.

APPLICATION FORM

i was applying non b based on working,in big red writing on the application form says all foreign documents need to be translated to English and certified by relevant embassy.

all my documents where in English apart from 9 page company registration document,only uploaded the first page off this to the online system in Thai language and it seemed to be fine.

while I was in process of doing application they added 2 more requirements to the list financial requirements and confirmation British citizen,for financial requirements just uploaded one bank statement that showed a nice balance but no money going into the account for 6 months and for proof of British citizen just uploaded copy of passport with a sentence saying I confirm I am British citizen since birth ..they accepted all this,,,didn’t need to to take any photographs with me.

4 hours ago, taninthai said:

Ok little update for ya ..went to London embassy to hand my stuff in ,no worries all done pick passport and visa up tommorow 11 to 12.

Thanks for the update!

I think the part that I've quoted really sucks - despite uploading all the documents well before, you STILL need to attend the embassy twice. An epic waste of time, it's the most inefficient "eVisa" process I've ever come across anywhere.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a discussion on this new online visa application nonsense. This was the first I knew about major changes for applying for a 60-day visa until I went to their Thai Embassy website to check visa prices. To my horror I saw: From 15 June 2019, visa applicants have to apply online. I take it that it's no longer possible to apply for a visa by post anymore? I thought this was a good service and much more convenient than having to make 2 trips to the embassy on certain given dates. Does anyone know why the postal service was abolished? I can't understand why they've gone and changed it to be honest. Also, the added requirement of getting a recent bank statement, scanning it, then uploading it seems rather excessive just for a 60-day visa. I can perhaps understand this for a 6-month visa, but a 60-day is only an additional 30-days to a bog-standard visa exempt which requires nothing of the sort. Also, the requirement fields of accommodation and travel booking confirmations would be blank until I have total confirmation that I have the visa first. Why would I book and pay for these without knowing if I can get a visa or not? I used to fill these on the form as TBC (to be confirmed) once I have the visa. Is that still acceptable or possible anymore? It certainly used to be.

Can anyone tell me the exact procedure and how they approached it, please? For instance, do they still stick a full-page visa in your passport even though they're calling it an e-visa?

Also, from filling out the online form, did you leave any fields vacant such as your travel booking confirmation and accommodation? Do you think this would prove problematic if I didn't upload anything in these fields? 

Again, I have to ask why did they abolish the postal service for a 60-day tourist visa?

Apologies, folks. I've just noticed on the PDF of the Guide To E-Visa Application that it's still possible to choose a Postal Application whereby I can send the documents by post. Has anyone chosen this method? If so, can they please enlighten me to how things have changed from the previous postal method?

2 hours ago, Senior Player said:

Apologies, folks. I've just noticed on the PDF of the Guide To E-Visa Application that it's still possible to choose a Postal Application whereby I can send the documents by post. Has anyone chosen this method? If so, can they please enlighten me to how things have changed from the previous postal method?

The big change is that you have to complete the online application and send a printout of it with your passport and supporting documents.

Required Documents (from 15 June 2019):

Passport/Travel Document which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of  application for single entry, or at least 1 year for multiple entry, and has at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.

- Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code

- Copies of supporting documents 

- Fee for return post of £10 in cash (only Bank of England bank notes are accepted) and the return address, or enclose stamped and addressed envelope (recommended to use the postage stamps rather than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps can only be used on the date of purchase) 

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84397-How-to-apply-visa-by-post.html

Many thanks @Ubinjoe for finding the relevant bit of information regarding the postal application changes. For some reason I couldn't find that.

However, I can't find any information with regards to payment by a postal order. It appears they now only accept hard cash or a prepaid return envelope. It says: Fee for return post of £10 in cash (only Bank of England bank notes are accepted) and the return address, or enclose stamped and addressed envelope (recommended to use the postage stamps rather than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps can only be used on the date of purchase)

I'm not a fan of using postage stamps and it going in the normal postal system as I'd rather have my passport and relevant documents returned in a secure post. It would seem my only option would be to stick a £10 note with my passport.

41 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Fee for return post of £10 in cash (only Bank of England bank notes are accepted) and the return address, or enclose stamped and addressed envelope (recommended to use the postage stamps rather than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps can only be used on the date of purchase)

Not sure but I think you can go to a post offices and buy a prepaid envelope for the return of your passport with tracking.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure but I think you can go to a post offices and buy a prepaid envelope for the return of your passport with tracking.

Thank you @ubonjoe. I'll be sure to check that out. Fortunately I'm not planning on returning to Thailand until late September so I have plenty of time to sort out any queries. Maybe I'll start a new topic taking new applicants through the various problems and correct procedure with this new online process, especially as there doesn't appear to be hardly anyone using it in the UK so far? 

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure if they provide a prepaid envelope but I have always taken a self-addressed passport sized envelope to the post office and paid them to stamp it for 2nd class signed-for (used to be registered delivery) return, then send it with the application and passport  by 2nd class signed-for post to the embassy. The cost for both ways is less than £4. 2nd class signed-for seems to arrive as quickly as 1st class. I reckon that this is as safe as Special Delivery.

Thank you @SunsetT for your response. I'll certainly look into my postal options when sending for my visa.

I've just gone to the online profile setup but it's currently down due to maintenance. Let's hope this isn't a regular occurrence.

PS. I'm still unsure whether the embassy will issue a visa now without a pre-booked flight or confirmed accommodation, which is what they used to do. I tend to get my visa first, flight next, then arrange my accommodation last once I know everything is in place.

4 hours ago, Senior Player said:

Fee for return post of £10 in cash (only Bank of England bank notes are accepted) and the return address, or enclose stamped and addressed envelope (recommended to use the postage stamps rather than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps can only be used on the date of purchase)

Buy 2 x Royal mail signed for envelopes, or 2 x Royal Mail Special Delivery (track and signed for) envelopes from your local PO. Self address one for return of your passport and place it inside the one addressed to the British Embassy along with your passport, application form and documents.

This avoids the need to send £10 in cash.

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/sending-mail

Do not send via standard, untracked, unsigned for mail as the loss and replacement of your passport far out ways any secure postal methods.

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

PS. I'm still unsure whether the embassy will issue a visa now without a pre-booked flight or confirmed accommodation, which is what they used to do. I tend to get my visa first, flight next, then arrange my accommodation last once I know everything is in place.

A friend just received a Non Imm O SE and sent no flight or booking information.

When you apply online and download your documents they confirm acceptance, or request further documents by e-mail within 2 days.

Don't immediately post until you've received a confirmation e-mail.

52 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A friend just received a Non Imm O SE and sent no flight or booking information.

When you apply online and download your documents they confirm acceptance, or request further documents by e-mail within 2 days.

Don't immediately post until you've received a confirmation e-mail.

Thank you @Tanoshi for your advice on both the postage and visa. It's most appreciated.

I have just tried to sort a single entry visa out for an elderly non tech savi friend, I have finally got to step 5 which is a list of supporting documents that have to be uploaded, one of them is this.

Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)

Could anybody tell me what document they are wanting. Also if I get past this step is online payment the only option, seems to me that a trip to a consulate here in the UK would be much better than this messing around  

5 minutes ago, jason6764 said:

(In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)

Note that this is only (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.) If he was born in the UK it does not apply.

5 minutes ago, jason6764 said:

Unfortunately it won't let me leave it blank, I get the error (this value is required) he was born in the UK and I have double checked that I have filled everything out correctly

God its infuriating isnt it! They dont deserve any f e k k i n tourists!!!

Try uploading a council tax bill or utility bill.

2 hours ago, jason6764 said:

I have just tried to sort a single entry visa out for an elderly non tech savi friend, I have finally got to step 5 which is a list of supporting documents that have to be uploaded, one of them is this.

Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)

Could anybody tell me what document they are wanting. Also if I get past this step is online payment the only option, seems to me that a trip to a consulate here in the UK would be much better than this messing around  

Photo page of passport.

If applying for a single entry Tourist Visa, you can still apply as normal at the Consulates.

Payment for the Visa must be made online.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Photo page of passport.

If applying for a single entry Tourist Visa, you can still apply as normal at the Consulates.

Payment for the Visa must be made online.

Thanks Tanoshi, I will see what happens when I get to the payment stage, I just know there will be a problem

Archived