E visa registration problem.....................

After many hours/days of trying to fill out the online form using various browsers I have got to stage 5 where you upload the documents. However there is no way to attach the documents.

No wonder many tourists are choosing elsewhere for their holidays. Another shot in the foot for the industry.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cvs04 said:

After many hours/days of trying to fill out the online form using various browsers I have got to stage 5 where you upload the documents. However there is no way to attach the documents.

No wonder many tourists are choosing elsewhere for their holidays. Another shot in the foot for the industry.

I did this OK before and didnt have a problem before being errored back to 'home'! I cant remember their page layout, but I'll try to help.

I presume that u have scanned or photographed the documents to your PC or smartphone, whichever u r using to apply online. Then U click the 'button' for the 1st document/photo that they want, then u probably have to click on something else; possibly just the wording to the right of the button, e.g., 'photo', or 'bank statement', etc., if not then a 'browse' or 'upload' button should appear when u do this which u click on for a window to appear to choose the file on your device to upload. Hope this helps.

Which visa are u applying for?

6 hours ago, cvs04 said:

If the boxes at the bottom of Step 5 to download documents isn't displayed, then the page hasn't fully loaded. Friend had the same issue using Firefox.

He then tried again using Google Chrome and had no problems.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:01 PM, taninthai said:

APPLICATION FORM

For financial requirements just uploaded one bank statement that showed a nice balance but no money going into the account for 6 months and for proof of British citizen just uploaded copy of passport with a sentence saying I confirm I am British citizen since birth ..they accepted all this,,,didn’t need to to take any photographs with me.

Hi @taninthai I've got to stage 5 where I upload the documents, but I've hit a brick wall with "Travel Booking confirmation" and "Proof of Accommodation" uploads. It doesn't allow me to continue without these two Chosen areas having an attached document to them. It says "This value is required". However, I haven't booked my flight nor do I ever arrange my accommodation until I receive my Visa. 

Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this? I was hoping to just get away with TBC (to be confirmed upon my Visa approval) but both these 2 areas seem to be unpassable without an attached file. I know some have said that they didn't supply a flight or accommodation but still got a Visa approved. I'm not suggesting it was you @taninthai but if anyone can help me get around this problem and give me any examples that they used, it would be most appreciated 

On 8/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, Tanoshi said:

A friend just received a Non Imm O SE and sent no flight or booking information.

When you apply online and download your documents they confirm acceptance, or request further documents by e-mail within 2 days.

Don't immediately post until you've received a confirmation e-mail.

I've just spotted it was @Tanoshi that informed me that it was possible to get a Visa without a flight or booking information. Can you tell me how your friend was able to bypass these 2 areas that require a document upload and won't allow you to continue without an attached file? I'm a little nonplussed at how to get around this.

3 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

I've just spotted it was @Tanoshi that informed me that it was possible to get a Visa without a flight or booking information. Can you tell me how your friend was able to bypass these 2 areas that require a document upload and won't allow you to continue without an attached file? I'm a little nonplussed at how to get around this.

He completed the relevant sections, dates of travel and housing address, but didn't upload any documents.

21 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Hi @taninthai I've got to stage 5 where I upload the documents, but I've hit a brick wall with "Travel Booking confirmation" and "Proof of Accommodation" uploads. It doesn't allow me to continue without these two Chosen areas having an attached document to them. It says "This value is required". However, I haven't booked my flight nor do I ever arrange my accommodation until I receive my Visa. 

Can anyone tell me if there is a way around this? I was hoping to just get away with TBC (to be confirmed upon my Visa approval) but both these 2 areas seem to be unpassable without an attached file. I know some have said that they didn't supply a flight or accommodation but still got a Visa approved. I'm not suggesting it was you @taninthai but if anyone can help me get around this problem and give me any examples that they used, it would be most appreciated 

My visa application didn’t have them sections,,,,i reckon could just go theprocess of booking a flight and just print the page off just before you make payment so it will show flight details.  But you would not need to actually pay for flight same with accommodation just go agoda or booking ,com put all your details in and just print the quoted price of showing accommodation and dates.

for other people having problems with certain pages not loading correctly or just weird stuff keep occurring...I was getting all sorts of problems trying to do application on my iPad,,,,I had to use my laptop in the end the system seems to work a bit smoother on a proper laptop

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

He completed the relevant sections, dates of travel and housing address, but didn't upload any documents.

Hi @Tanoshi I too completed these 2 previous areas at Stage 3 but with TBC for the address, which allowed me to continue. It was when I got to Stage 5 and the upload of documents that it only became a problem. It appears that Biodata (passport), photograph, declaration, bank statement, proof of accommodation, confirmation of legal residence, and flight details all require an attached file. The only 2 that don't require an attached file are "proof of relationship to a Thai" and "personal details of a Thai family member". 

I'm just wondering how any members here got around this problem?

17 minutes ago, taninthai said:

My visa application didn’t have them sections,,,,i reckon could just go theprocess of booking a flight and just print the page off just before you make payment so it will show flight details.  But you would not need to actually pay for flight same with accommodation just go agoda or booking ,com put all your details in and just print the quoted price of showing accommodation and dates.

for other people having problems with certain pages not loading correctly or just weird stuff keep occurring...I was getting all sorts of problems trying to do application on my iPad,,,,I had to use my laptop in the end the system seems to work a bit smoother on a proper laptop

Ah, interesting. So your Visa application was different to the 60-day one. 

On your suggestion of imputing my details on a price comparison website and just printing the quoted price of showing accommodation and dates, I'll look into that one. Thanks. 

PS. I'm not having any problems with the Thai website as I'm using a laptop and Edge. I've avoided using Firefox as some here have been reporting problems.

3 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

On your suggestion of imputing my details on a price comparison website and just printing the quoted price of showing accommodation and dates, I'll look into that one. Thanks. 

Yep mine was a non imm b.....somewhere on the form think it asked for a flight number and that’s it.

dont do it on a price comparision site justbgo direct to Thai air site enter all details to book a flight and when you get the page up to confirm flight details just print that off????

you can be clever and crop it so it basically just shows your name and the flight number and times

32 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Your applying for a Tourist Visa?

Do you live near/in London.

The TV's can still be applied as normal from the Consulates.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Your applying for a Tourist Visa?

Do you live near/in London.

The TV's can still be applied as normal from the Consulates.

Yes, I'm applying for a Tourist Visa. I live over 1 hour train journey outside London in Hampshire, but London is my nearest Thai Embassy.

5 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Yes, I'm applying for a Tourist Visa. I live over 1 hour train journey outside London in Hampshire, but London is my nearest Thai Embassy.

Each different Visa type has different requirements based on circumstances.

My mate applied for the Non Imm O SE based on marriage to a Thai.

@thanintha has probably given the best advice for a TV application.

58 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Yep mine was a non imm b.....somewhere on the form think it asked for a flight number and that’s it.

dont do it on a price comparison site, just go direct to Thai air site enter all details to book a flight and when you get the page up to confirm flight details just print that off????

you can be clever and crop it so it basically just shows your name and the flight number and times

Very good advice @taninthai. I suppose the only drawback will be when I have to send the actual document in the post as they might spot my deception. Unless I put a covering note to say that I'll confirm both of these as soon as my Visa is issued.

8 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

You can make a hotel booking on Agoda.com and choose a pay later option and/or which allows u to cancel  with no penalty just a few days before the booking date.

Again, excellent advice if I can convince them at the Thai Embassy. I suppose they wouldn't object to just a hotel booking for a few days and not the entire 60 nights? I'll give it another go tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Very good advice @taninthai. I suppose the only drawback will be when I have to send the actual document in the post as they might spot my deception. 

Again, excellent advice if I can convince them at the Thai Embassy. I suppose they wouldn't object to just a hotel booking for a few days and not the entire 60 nights? I'll give it another go tomorrow.

When submittimg written postal applications in previous years for the 60 day SETV I just used to write on the application form the name of the hotel near Suvarnabhumi airport that I stay just for one night on arrival. This was always accepted. So I would think your booking would be accepted. After all tourists should be free to travel where they want when they want once they enter Thailand for 60 days.

14 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

When submittimg written postal applications in previous years for the 60 day SETV I just used to write on the application form the name of the hotel near Suvarnabhumi airport that I stay just for one night on arrival. This was always accepted. So I would think your booking would be accepted. After all tourists should be free to travel where they want when they want once they enter Thailand for 60 days.

Absolutely @SunsetT I'm not sure how accurate these details have to be and whether the Immigration Officer at Suvarnabhumi will see that my TM.6 arrival card will probably state a different hotel address and flight number to the one I've submitted to the London Thai Embassy that's if everything is computerized now and available to them. I much preferred the old printed form method that allowed me flexibility and to just put TBC in most of these designated boxes and still get a visa without any hassle. 

Ok, guys. I've managed to do all those things that you suggested and I made it through to the payment page. Only problem, so far, is that it seems to take forever for the payment to go through. The screen keeps saying: "Please stay on this page. It may take a few minutes."

However, it's been almost 1 hour and 30 minutes and it's still saying that. I checked with my bank and they said the payment had been cleared their end and was pending at the Kasikorn Bank PCL. So basically the holdup is at the Thai end of the transaction. Clearly I can't keep the page open and refreshing indefinitely, so I'm tempted to go back to the home page and await a further response. The Thai bank has 3 days to confirm the payment or the money goes back to me. Oh what a palaver!! I don't know if the Kasikorn bank is unmanned due to it being the Queen Mother's Birthday in Thailand, but it wouldn't surprise me. I just want to say that this online nonsense has been a right pain in the neck just for a 60-day tourist visa.

I would not refresh a payment page, I would double check that the bank has only one debit authorized. Is the payment page just the same K gateway page you get when paying for flights and services etc. ....Country of issue...name of issuing bank etc Can you log back in and see the payment on the status of the application? I presume the application form you print off with the barcode may confirm payment? 

14 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

I just want to say that this online nonsense has been a right pain in the neck just for a 60-day tourist visa.

I have to wonder if all recent Thailand first timers, have persevered to the completion, when they encountered these problems....or have reverted to a consulate (if not to far).

There certainly seems to be a lot of (quite good) Amazing Thailand promotional adverts on the Sky News channel at the moment. (impressed, that department seems to be trying their best to promote Thailand ????).  

20 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

I would not refresh a payment page, I would double check that the bank has only one debit authorized. Is the payment page just the same K gateway page you get when paying for flights and services etc. ....Country of issue...name of issuing bank etc Can you log back in and see the payment on the status of the application? I presume the application form you print off with the barcode may confirm payment? 

I have to wonder if all recent Thailand first timers, have persevered to the completion, when they encountered these problems....or have reverted to a consulate (if not to far).

There certainly seems to be a lot of (quite good) Amazing Thailand promotional adverts on the Sky News channel at the moment. (impressed, that department seems to be trying their best to promote Thailand ????).  

It hasn't got beyond the payment page, so it's still reading: "Please stay on this page. It may take a few minutes." Now it's been close to 3 hours!! Until the website confirms the payment at the Thai bank end, I wont be getting a barcode confirmation slip. According to my own UK bank, the payment has left my own account, it's now just sitting there pending transaction, so the payment stage does work, it's just no one at Kasikorn Bank (who are the merchants) has bothered to process it yet, hence the transaction is still pending. And yes, it's only one debit payment that has been authorized.

PS. There should be a disclaimer at the payment stage informing customers that due to the merchants taking holidays (or being closed) that the transaction might take 24-hours!

Don’t worry mine did that and my laptop shut itself down after 20 mins .i told you the system is far from perfect...lol.

just close your laptop down and you are done,,they also said I would get email verification the email never ever arrived.

when you shut it down and log in again go to the check status and your barcode will be there

1 minute ago, taninthai said:

Don’t worry mine did that and my laptop shut itself down after 20 mins .i told you the system is far from perfect...lol

Cheers, mate. You're not wrong about the system being far from perfect... it's terrible. I'll just have to wait until Kasikorn Bank clear the transaction at their end. Good job I didn't book a flight and it was time-sensitive is all I can say.

hi guys, sorry to interrupt, does anyone know if the issue date on visa is the date it is issued at embassy or date the online application was created. I have started the online application last month and don't want to lose days

7 minutes ago, NRek said:

hi guys, sorry to interrupt, does anyone know if the issue date on visa is the date it is issued at embassy or date the online application was created. I have started the online application last month

It currently says on the website: Single Entry Visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue. You must enter Thailand within the validity of visa. That means it's when they process it, not when you apply online.

2 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

It currently says on the website: Single Entry Visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue. You must enter Thailand within the validity of visa. That means it's when they process it, not when you apply online.

thanks, yeah normally it was date issued at embassy but someone mentioned application date or i misread. I would of assumed it was date issued at embassy

18 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Just close your laptop down and you are done,,they also said I would get email verification the email never ever arrived.

when you shut it down and log in again go to the check status and your barcode will be there

That is most useful to know @taninthai That means I can't even rely on receiving an email verification. I'll be sure to check my status in a couple of days. Thanks very much for the additional info. ????

3 minutes ago, taninthai said:

You not still waiting on the payment page...that page will never change...Open another window on your laptop and log in and check your status barcode should be there,

Yes, it's still going round and round.

UPDATE: Get tip @taninthai It's now showing up as "paid" and there's a print receipt and download booking PDF. Do I need to download the booking PDF and print that off as well?

Archived