E visa registration problem.....................

On 6/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, rachelmay3 said:

Hi, Did you ever figure this out please?  I am having the same problem. Thanks

I'm really quite surprised to see a new message for an e-visa application popping up right now. I would've thought, what with Thailand having closed all its borders to foreign travel, it would make applying for an SETV pretty much redundant for the time being. As this comment thread is about registration and not applications, I trust your problem isn't registration-related but rather application-related? I was a little confused by which one when I first began reading your comments.

Effectively, your application details will have to tally up with your already preexisting passport information that you inputted in your initial registration. Personally, I haven't applied again since I last wrote my own guide on how to apply online for an SETV last August. Link found below:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118112-my-guide-to-online-e-visa-applications-via-london-thai-embassy-60-day-setv-by-post/

Hopefully, that will help you with any niggles you're currently having. As you stated, the Travel Documents section is your passport details, so unless your details have altered in some way from your previous registration details to the ones you're now inputting in this section, it should be pretty straight forward. 

Additionally, it's the Travel Information section that requires you to give your length of stay, dates, and accommodation. Step 5. This is called Supporting Documents, which is the section where you need to make your uploads. All these required fields will have to have an uploaded JPG file, as my guide points out. If not, an error message will pop up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, rachelmay3 said:

Hi, Did you ever figure this out please?  I am having the same problem. Thanks

I am having the exact same problem as well. There should be some check of the passport saying if it's pass or fail I guess but when I upload the copy, nothing happens at all. I can't move past this stage as it just redirects me back to the page. So frustrating! Has anyone managed to figure this out? I have emailed the embassy but expect them to be less than helpful...

2 hours ago, Fishandchips13 said:

I am having the exact same problem as well. There should be some check of the passport saying if it's pass or fail I guess but when I upload the copy, nothing happens at all. I can't move past this stage as it just redirects me back to the page. So frustrating! Has anyone managed to figure this out? I have emailed the embassy but expect them to be less than helpful...

Thailand is closed so perhaps nothing is being processed with no visa staff working. And/or please see my response to this and that of Senior player above. Or try phoning the embassy after 2.30pm.

4 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Thailand is closed so perhaps nothing is being processed with no visa staff working. And/or please see my response to this and that of Senior player above. Or try phoning the embassy after 2.30pm.

Thanks for the reply. It did work after I just took a photo of my passport with my phone. I guess it didn't like the scanned copy. I submitted the application, booked an appt to bring in the docs and paid the fees but now there is no record of my application on the system and I haven't received any emails with the barcode etc. This is the most frustrating experience and makes me rethink wanting to move to Thailand if this is how things work (or don't work in this case). 

By the way, I'm applying for a non-Imm B visa and COE, embassy have confirmed that I am eligible to apply so that shouldn't be the issue.

Which embassy are you trying to apply for a visa at.

The embassy in London is not doing normal visa applications. They are only processing visas for those that qualify for a certificate of entry.

Same for the embassy in France and they state the following in French that I translated to English using google translate.

image.png.f5d150905fa0129c2e5d3f683009f867.png

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Which embassy are you trying to apply for a visa at.

The embassy in London is not doing normal visa applications. They are only processing visas for those that qualify for a certificate of entry.

Same for the embassy in France and they state the following in French that I translated to English using google translate.

image.png.f5d150905fa0129c2e5d3f683009f867.png

Applying through the London embassy. Was finally able to apply after a few hours, kept getting error messages and timing out but at least it's done now. 

I am eligible for the COE as confirmed by the embassy, it was just getting through the e-visa system that was difficult. Appointment to hand in docs next week and a few more nigh insurmountable hurdles to jump through but will hopefully fly out in August. 

2 hours ago, Fishandchips13 said:

Applying through the London embassy. Was finally able to apply after a few hours, kept getting error messages and timing out but at least it's done now. 

I am eligible for the COE as confirmed by the embassy, it was just getting through the e-visa system that was difficult. Appointment to hand in docs next week and a few more nigh insurmountable hurdles to jump through but will hopefully fly out in August. 

Great that you solved your own problem. For the record, I scanned all my documents using a HP Officejet and didn't take a photo using a phone. In addition, so long as all the JPGs don’t exceed 200KB, there's no problem. It would suggest that your handheld photo wasn't sharp enough to provide the necessary detail required for approval.

With regards to the tracking of your passport, as my own guide pointed out, the visa tracker first stated "pending approval" for a few hours then disappeared, followed by "No data available in table". Sadly, the tracker wasn't at all helpful when I used it last. Anyway, glad you're on your way. 

2 hours ago, Senior Player said:

Great that you solved your own problem. For the record, I scanned all my documents using a HP Officejet and didn't take a photo using a phone. In addition, so long as all the JPGs don’t exceed 200KB, there's no problem. It would suggest that your handheld photo wasn't sharp enough to provide the necessary detail required for approval.

With regards to the tracking of your passport, as my own guide pointed out, the visa tracker first stated "pending approval" for a few hours then disappeared, followed by "No data available in table". Sadly, the tracker wasn't at all helpful when I used it last. Anyway, glad you're on your way. 

That's the thing, I had a good quality, scanned copy that was within the specified size limit (I did try to follow all the instructions!) and it didn't work. Then I took a picture with my phone and it worked so who knows really. One thing that did happen that may help someone else is that I couldn't find my completed application after I finished uploading all the documents so I kept having to fill in new ones. Turned out I had to adjust the date on the search page at the top as it is registered as Bangkok time I guess? So although it was still the 14th in the UK, it was listed as being completed on the 15th. Once I changed the date range to the 15th on the search bar all the copies of the application that I did magically appeared *facepalm*

13 hours ago, Fishandchips13 said:

That's the thing, I had a good quality, scanned copy that was within the specified size limit (I did try to follow all the instructions!) and it didn't work. Then I took a picture with my phone and it worked so who knows really. One thing that did happen that may help someone else is that I couldn't find my completed application after I finished uploading all the documents so I kept having to fill in new ones. Turned out I had to adjust the date on the search page at the top as it is registered as Bangkok time I guess? So although it was still the 14th in the UK, it was listed as being completed on the 15th. Once I changed the date range to the 15th on the search bar all the copies of the application that I did magically appeared *facepalm*

Yes I remember now that one of the original reasons I started this thread was because I thought Id lost an almost totally completed application but I eventually discovered it was because I hadnt entered the date range to cover the date when I started the application and that u didnt actually have to enter the application reference, which Id failed to record, in the box labeled "Application Reference" or whatever it was labeled!

Im saddened that the Thai authorities seem to have done nothing to improve this evisa application process in over 12 months since it was introduced. I was going to write 'shocked' but nothing shocks me anymore about the failings of Thai immigration bureaucracy!

18 hours ago, Fishandchips13 said:

Sounds confusing. I mean using a PC set to Thai standard time and not the UK's. 

With regards to the picture quality, I didn't have a problem at all with my own uploads. Everything went smoothly until I reached the payment section, which seemed to hang indefinitely. I suppose it helped that I was using a proper scanner and not relying on a snapped photo shot on my smartphone. Either way, you eventually overcame the problem. If anything should be learnt from your experience, it's perseverance is key rather than resignation. 

I must admit, I'm quite envious of you travelling to LOS, as I'm well-overdue a visit there myself. Let's hope this Covid-19 vaccine that's been given the green light in today's news is ready to roll out not before too long. 

PS. I've just noticed @SunsetT has joined the topic. How are you doing, buddy? Are you stuck here in Blighty or have you managed to remain in LOS?

4 hours ago, Senior Player said:

I've just noticed @SunsetT has joined the topic. How are you doing, buddy? Are you stuck here in Blighty or have you managed to remain in LOS?

Hello Seniorplayer. Im fine thanks. Back in the UK like u. My Etihad return flight was cancelled but I flew home on the very last Thai airways flight to London 31/3. I could have stayed with the amnesty but I do love my cool English summers in Devon in preference to the hotter humid and wet season in NE Thailand, and I have a relatively safe bolt hole while attending to business. No doubt safer in Thailand (thanks to Boris & co.) but I have more peace of mind here. Lets hope though that we can return to LOS in the Autumn. Stay safe!

23 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Hello Seniorplayer. Im fine thanks. Back in the UK like u. My Etihad return flight was cancelled but I flew home on the very last Thai airways flight to London 31/3. I could have stayed with the amnesty but I do love my cool English summers in Devon in preference to the hotter humid and wet season in NE Thailand, and I have a relatively safe bolt hole while attending to business. No doubt safer in Thailand (thanks to Boris & co.) but I have more peace of mind here. Lets hope though that we can return to LOS in the Autumn. Stay safe!

I bet you're glad Boris didn't ban all long-haul flights via the Far East before you got home, though. I was always in two minds about this lockdown and I'm still to be convinced either way which one was the right one. Call me a skeptic, but I think this virus was circulating long before January and there was very little that could be done about it. Anyway, that's a different topic for another day.

Myself, I came back at the end of November on Eva Airways after my 2-month vacation. I was due to fly out again in May but that was put on hold for obvious reasons. I'm glad I didn't try to fly out early and try to wait it out over there as that option appears to be fraught with its own challenges.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to wait for the green light and normal flights to resume. And of course no 2-week quarantine upon arrival. Fingers crossed.

• 3 months later...

No button for attaching my passport scan or picture.   Same with both Firefox and Chrome !!!!

Edit:   User has to ignore this, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click EDIT, so the options appear at the top of the page.  

visa fup.JPG

45 minutes ago, jaizan said:

No button for attaching my passport scan or picture.   Same with both Firefox and Chrome !!!!

Edit:   User has to ignore this, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click EDIT, so the options appear at the top of the page.  

visa fup.JPG

Thanks but I did manage to figure it out. It is ironical that u post this now again as Im applying for an OA visa right now and had to find this out again. I cant beleive that this appalling website is, I think, 2 years old now yet they have done nothing to improve it!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, jaizan said:

visa fup.JPG

This part is messing me around but I resized them then I filled out all other details . But !!  try to enter my email address and it won’t ever let me insert a @ symbol . So when I click verify at the bottom it flashes up enter email address !!

Usual utter pile of garbage and site looks like a kid designed it !! Still waiting on response from emails send to embassy 2-3 weeks ago ! 

3 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

This part is messing me around but I resized them then I filled out all other details . But !!  try to enter my email address and it won’t ever let me insert a @ symbol . So when I click verify at the bottom it flashes up enter email address !!

Usual utter pile of garbage and site looks like a kid designed it !! Still waiting on response from emails send to embassy 2-3 weeks ago !

Sorry about the problems u r having. U r 100% right about the site. The Thai education system is so backward that 90% of the population do remain as kids intellectually and/or they have bought their positions rather than gained them on merit. Cant imagine why it will not accept the @ sign. All I can suggest is u change to uppercase or lower case, i.e., not what u have been using to enter your email address (which of course is usually lower case) so far. Or try using another device to complete your application. Im surprised that u've had no response from the London embassy as they seemed to have improved greatly lately. Always be polite, being critical doesnt help and they do seem to respond to appeals for help.

13 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Sorry about the problems u r having. U r 100% right about the site. The Thai education system is so backward that 90% of the population do remain as kids intellectually and/or they have bought their positions rather than gained them on merit. Cant imagine why it will not accept the @ sign. All I can suggest is u change to uppercase or lower case, i.e., not what u have been using to enter your email address (which of course is usually lower case) so far. Or try using another device to complete your application. Im surprised that u've had no response from the London embassy as they seemed to have improved greatly lately. Always be polite, being critical doesnt help and they do seem to respond to appeals for help.

I solved it about 5 mins after posting . It was obvious how to fix it ????. I typed out my email address on a blank page and copied and pasted it !! ???????????? Like the Crystal maze getting through this . Now just got to upload the supporting docs after changing them all to jpeg and resizing them all ???? . Then I get to apply for COE , lucky me ????

As for emails they replied within days off first one I sent and since then no reply . Someone did mention they might be shut due to a COVID outbreak there but not sure .

Archived